Fix Cooking:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Cooking is failing everyone, everywhere. There are other threads, but here's a new one.

You ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST REMOVE INGREDIENT LIST and let food be named. I don't care if people could find out 'in life,' that's valuable crafting secrets.

You need to make it so we can put more stuff in the cooking box (like those flowers,) make up some stats. Edit the stats of other things. Roll a random number generator for every fucking mat in the game then open it up for cooking. lol. Nah, but really, let cooking be open and interesting.

Advanced cooking seems largely useless. There needs to be a bonus to 100 adv cooking. I think a nice one would be like a +(x) to lore of whatever you are cooking. You are basically a master chef so your ability to cook even something you are unfamiliar with should be better than nothing. I dunno what to do with the whole area above adv cooking (I'd say there is 20-30% that is cut off, dumb,) but that should be something, too.

What about random effects every once in awhile if you are cooking?

Or what about if adv cooking let you shift the ratios a little of what is required (let you squeeze more mats in w/ less liquid for instance.)

IDEAS.

One of the deepest, if not THE deepest system from MO1 is in shambles.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Give us real cooking. I wanna make splendid things with herbs and spices in Sauces made of the finest things. I wanna be a real cook. Experimenting and and delight the world with my dishes.

But flour on a spit is the best food in the game.
I don't get it how alchemy is so deep with crazy recipes(even though you can't make much besides heal potions)and cooking is sooooo barebones.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Cooking is failing everyone, everywhere. There are other threads, but here's a new one.

You ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST REMOVE INGREDIENT LIST and let food be named. I don't care if people could find out 'in life,' that's valuable crafting secrets.

You need to make it so we can put more stuff in the cooking box (like those flowers,) make up some stats. Edit the stats of other things. Roll a random number generator for every fucking mat in the game then open it up for cooking. lol. Nah, but really, let cooking be open and interesting.

Advanced cooking seems largely useless. There needs to be a bonus to 100 adv cooking. I think a nice one would be like a +(x) to lore of whatever you are cooking. You are basically a master chef so your ability to cook even something you are unfamiliar with should be better than nothing. I dunno what to do with the whole area above adv cooking (I'd say there is 20-30% that is cut off, dumb,) but that should be something, too.

What about random effects every once in awhile if you are cooking?

Or what about if adv cooking let you shift the ratios a little of what is required (let you squeeze more mats in w/ less liquid for instance.)

IDEAS.

One of the deepest, if not THE deepest system from MO1 is in shambles.
I agree. Of the many issues since launch, cooking has been the most consistently disappointing for me. In MO1 it was similar (as I know you know) that most of the 'best' foods were also single ingredients, but we at least had Soph which added meaning to complexity.

There needs to be intrinsic value to more complex dishes. Good reasons to put in the effort and for players to want it. Even if they have to go a little more toward the gimmick route and add soft buffs (like +10 str for X time,etc), and we absolutely MUST be able to name our dishes and conceal ingredients.

Also - please, for the love of everything food and pet related, LET ME FEED ME PETS COOKED FOOD! One of the first things I did in MO1 was concoct dense pet feed for whatever I was toting around. I miss that.

Reactions: Najwalaylah