Fish encyclopedia

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
What skills in zoology boosts the amount of butchery yield from fishing?

As I understood Pisces the main one, but what about Holozoa, anything butchering with this skill from the sea?

Is Kelp Dragon connected with Dragon Lore?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
What skills in zoology boosts the amount of butchery yield from fishing?

As I understood Pisces the main one, but what about Holozoa, anything butchering with this skill from the sea?

Is Kelp Dragon connected with Dragon Lore?
Pisces and then only a couple lores after that even if it isnt accurate. Pisces - Osteichthyes -Perceiforms - Teleostei. Kelp is Perc. all skills that are 100 are used. plus Seafood and the scales lores. Leptoid and Placoid are learn from actiion. Ganoid can be found at any Animal Mat Lib and then Kelp gives Pansar scales which the book is in Jungle camp

Attachments

• fishlore.PNG
    fishlore.PNG
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Do you know if Holozoa Lore helps with using Argus Sponge in Alchemy — if that's even used in Alchemy?

Less serious question: SV, why no crown clam shell armour?
I can't remember for sure but I think they give crustacean care pace. It probably does affect Argus sponge but not sure. Sadly you can't have all animal material lores and all zoology lores, so I don't have it

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
View attachment 4508
This message alone has took away all my drive to fish, it gets into my nerves whenever i see it.

If you want to make trinkets rare make them rare but don't give me the hope of getting them whenever i see the catch behavior just to take it away after i finish the catch, why the fuck do i need to success two rolls in a row is mind-blowing to me, just make them a rarer occurrence.

Also there is no apparent way to lower the odds of this happening, so far every single person has personal bias and weird rituals on how to avoid this msg but i have tried them all and they don't do shit, it doesn't mater how you engage with the minigame, it doesn't matter where you position your camera, it doesn't matter at what depth or location you are in, it doesn't mater if you are using loot luck or trinket luck rings(witch btw if this is the case it should never be required in the first place )

Its just pure RNG on top of RNG layers serving only as a negative reinforcement of the act, and if there is any solution to avoid this problem its so obscure and unintuitive it should not be there on the first place. This sole MSG is ruining my fishing experience, whenever i see it i just get tilted and i want to do something else.

Heh, ya. It's best to look at fishing as a fun little subgame in a game, but not a viable profession to spend your time on. There are so many layers of stress associated with fishing today in MO2 compared to the glory days of MO1. Fishing is the red headed stepchild of Mortal Online's skill family (they have a love/hate relationship with it, but treat it badly and with suspicion). Meanwhile other skills are catered to extensively. Adding trinkets was a much needed boon, but little can replace the lack of over all worth in doing the act on a day to day basis.

Catching too difficult and stressful to do in quantity for money making or material harvesting, materials largely irrelevant, no sophistication, no dyes, over the top constraints that few other trades have to deal with. Starvault is afraid of fishing.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Fishing is the red headed stepchild of Mortal Online's skill family
... I read that at first as 'red herring stepchild'....

It's really weird how awful Fishing in MO2 is for those who like to fish (for the reasons you listed) and then, again, to hear Stuff Henrik Said in recent streams about how he wants Mortal Online 2 to be the best fishing game in existence. Until it's at least a little better than it used to be (at best) in MO1, it hasn't got a chance.

Shellfishly, I mean, selfishly, I want to see Favonius or someone in robes dyded purple or some exotic colours from uncommon sea creatures, and dining on expensive and intricately prepared seafood.

• Haha
Reactions: Ichorous

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
I can confirm that the Stray Fish, Rytu, Quett and Copper Fish are not in game yet.
Source : Check broker "Buy Orders'. Every fish meat is available to be ordered except for those 4 fishes.

All fishes in the current update already has been discovered by diligent fishermen of Nave.

Beatel

Apr 18, 2022
I can confirm that the Stray Fish, Rytu, Quett and Copper Fish are not in game yet.
Source : Check broker "Buy Orders'. Every fish meat is available to be ordered except for those 4 fishes.

All fishes in the current update already has been discovered by diligent fishermen of Nave.

Unfortunately, the market buy order list isn't the end all of available items. There are items missing from these lists, along with database spelling errors (search 'wormster' for the 'Scarlett Wormstar'). I'm not saying other fish are in the game, I'm only saying no player can be 100% conclusive on it. (Nice to see you around Gabriel)

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021

i think this is correct. I don't believe these fish are in game yet.

Reactions: Aitan and Gabriel