Door Interaction Timer (POLL)

Is the Door Interaction timer too long?

• Total voters

manure

May 7, 2022
I voted yes, to shorten the time.

Unless your house is around Meduli... because if its there, you may even increase the timer to 5 minutes since that whole area is 100% safe with lictor guards out of town.
You may go afk while opening the house door, carrying 400k gold in your bag, because that damned place is 100% secured, even safer than Haven.

Hate hate hate hate this last patch... god damn it 😠
🤣

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
So, I've noticed something.

I found a house out on the Steppe with flowers right next to it. Even they had the 5 sec timer. So I think the way the timers work is all activation timers in a certain area become a certain length, and thus why the chests are as long as the doors.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Some one too poor to own a house I guess. 5 sec doesnt stop me from closing the door to lock people in or out. 5 sec does waste my time when every time I need to open a chest, enter or leave a house, check the info pannel. Im no where near a graveyard btw this is a quality of life issue.
Doesn’t hurt me and I use multiple houses/strongholds across the world that are no where near any graveyards or cities

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Make doors either openable from within (without password for everyone) or prevent door interaction for some time after receiving damage.
That PVP with houses just sucks.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Make doors either openable from within (without password for everyone) or prevent door interaction for some time after receiving damage.
That PVP with houses just sucks.
Just give keys when ever you put in the password. IDK why they got rid of them with the excuse of, data shows people didnt use them as intended

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I love having to wait 5 seconds to open the door, then 5 seconds to close the door, then even more time to open chests. Great way to treat the players time, you know an invaluable resource. If zerglings can't use their two brain cells to figure out, when you see criminals...just send a group to their house BEFORE the fight happens, to cut off their withdrawal....then maybe they should invest their time into critical thinking development.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
What is the purpose of building a house or stronghold if you do not even get to close and open your doors properly?

Fix this slow door non-sense

manure

May 7, 2022
Yes too long, also you must dismount to interact with the door and then remount to enter into the house, then again dismount to close . And dont forget to set the mount on "stay" or he'll go outside.

Argh... its so boring when the horse magically goes outside house if you dont tell it to stay after dismounting...
I thought this problem happened only with me, maybe because of the terrain or something bugged in my house...

See ? Lots of problems for the devs to fix...
And fixing this crap is way more important than adding guards in the wilderness to make grays lose reputation and get guard whacked OUTSIDE TOWN !
😠
Crap patch

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Give doors their own hp so we can break in.
no need that houses are super save.
1000 hp for the door or something.
right now it’s like „haha, we closed the door, fight is over you can’t get me“
I would always carry a nice maul with me just for that 😄

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Reset the timer to 1sec, give doors HP so we can destroy them without destroying the house and you'll get no more house PvP bullshit
house PvP is fine if you are good enough to kill them before they get to the house. But I would like keys again so if you get inside and kill the player you are able to get out.
Its a anti zerg mechanic which helps keep the game alive by allowing alternate group structures besides just being in a town hiding zerg to exist. Its healthy for the game.

Reactions: CrgHck

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If you invest in a house it should serve as a fallback point if you can pop inside and slam the door behind you.
No it really shouldn't. House is your bank, logout point, and crafting tables outside cities. People farming everything naked just because they have a house nearby isn't healthy for the game.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
No it really shouldn't. House is your bank, logout point, and crafting tables outside cities. People farming everything naked just because they have a house nearby isn't healthy for the game.

I'm more likely to farm naked if I know that when 10 people ride up on me I can't shut my door on them if I make it to my house first. Why would I bring out gear to farm nearby resources when I know if I get jumped I will likely be outnumbered? If keeping a wary eye out will let me fall back and stash gear when 10 people ride up on me I'm MORE likely to go geared because then if it's 1 person I can get a decent fight without handing free gear to every zerg that passes by.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
5 seconds is best for zerg play, so SV knows what to do here. IMO increase it to 10 sec maybe even 15!