Disable Murdercount on Use of Home Priest or in the World At Large

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Turn off crim actions if you're worried about it but you're right the system isn't finished for sure. I think the mo1 way made more sense because it was simple even though it had the same issue.
Stuff being unfinished is a cop out. Its half implemented and it should never be put in half implemented. The game will never be finished and all I for see is a year of paying a sub for a "released" game that is still in alpha with half implemented systems ruining peoples enjoyment.

People play the game as is, and that mean PvPing. If they arent getting PvP then there is no reason to play. People arent shallow enought to not consider this a game because its "in testing" and not persistence. Its still a game and people still play it.

Reactions: SilentPony

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
The easiest thing to do would be to make anyone in a dungeon area local allowed (Light grey) to everyone, but that would just incentivize groups stalking dungeons just to murder people without consequence.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
The easiest thing to do would be to make anyone in a dungeon area local allowed (Light grey) to everyone, but that would just incentivize groups stalking dungeons just to murder people without consequence.

There are already consequences for murdering random people - them getting upset and maybe guilds adding you to KOS list. Why do we need any more consequence in a sandbox game? Especially artificial consequences like "go do some boring delivery quests or lose access to most of the trading and crafting".

Let people do their own thing, it's not like killing in a dungeon or somewhere in a world away from cities is spawn killing or preventing people from playing. Unless people are expected to feel safe and be able to travel and farm whatever they want in peace.

Reactions: Rorry and Tashka

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
There are already consequences for murdering random people - them getting upset and maybe guilds adding you to KOS list. Why do we need any more consequence in a sandbox game? Especially artificial consequences like "go do some boring delivery quests or lose access to most of the trading and crafting".

Let people do their own thing, it's not like killing in a dungeon or somewhere in a world away from cities is spawn killing or preventing people from playing. Unless people are expected to feel safe and be able to travel and farm whatever they want in peace.
Right that makes total sense police PvP kills with other PvP kills. Not to mention the fact that reporting to a player based community to report a KOS PvP would have a plethora of false claims, unheard pleas and possibly even corruption leading to complete lack of any semblance of in game justice or balance. All this does is make the game a KOS PvP only game. which is literally what the devs are attempting to police so they can bring in the revenue of both PvE and PvP players.

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
It's not like killing in a dungeon or somewhere in a world away from cities is spawn killing or preventing people from playing. Unless people are expected to feel safe and be able to travel and farm whatever they want in peace.
It's not like you can't just live out of GK or Kranesh with all the other murderers. It almost seems like you want to kill anyone you want but also want to scurry away to a guard zone for protection. There's two big empires, just focus on killing players from one and you can still run back to the other guard zone.

Reactions: Toerin

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
It's not like you can't just live out of GK or Kranesh with all the other murderers. It almost seems like you want to kill anyone you want but also want to scurry away to a guard zone for protection. There's two big empires, just focus on killing players from one and you can still run back to the other guard zone.
I am currently focusing on killing players in Tindremic provinces and living in Khurite. Works fine for now. It's just an unfair system to all those people trying to have group fights and getting reports in all provinces since groups will likely be mixed. Also, I too can inadvertently kill someone from Khurite lands while roaming near Tindremic cities, there is no way of knowing.

I tried living out of Kranesh. Getting equipment out of the bank or crafting seems only possible when no one is around, since people kill you while you are naked and interacting with the stations. Also, the broker has almost nothing. Maybe someone can educate me how to live out of red cities, I didn't find a reasonably convenient way yet.

I don't want to "scurry away" to a guard zone for protection since I am only in cities for long enough to restock. I want to be protected while I am crafting things in the city after recovering from a death or not getting stabbed while I am interacting with the bank.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
I am currently focusing on killing players in Tindremic provinces and living in Khurite. Works fine for now. It's just an unfair system to all those people trying to have group fights and getting reports in all provinces since groups will likely be mixed. Also, I too can inadvertently kill someone from Khurite lands while roaming near Tindremic cities, there is no way of knowing.

I tried living out of Kranesh. Getting equipment out of the bank or crafting seems only possible when no one is around, since people kill you while you are naked and interacting with the stations. Also, the broker has almost nothing. Maybe someone can educate me how to live out of red cities, I didn't find a reasonably convenient way yet.

I don't want to "scurry away" to a guard zone for protection since I am only in cities for long enough to restock. I want to be protected while I am crafting things in the city after recovering from a death or not getting stabbed while I am interacting with the bank.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. I think is the phrase you are looking for. Lol

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Implying all red guilds are welcome in Kran or GK.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It's not like you can't just live out of GK or Kranesh with all the other murderers.
I wouldn't mind, but:
a) there is not enough lawless cities, and they are tiny, which is a problem now and will be more of a problem on release
b) they are limited in what you can do there - either there's no furnace, or there's no bow bench, or there isn't even a stable.
c) people who aren't RPK suffer from this system almost just as much as RPK
d) there are things you can only get from guarded cities
e) i want to visit MK from time to time 'cuz i love it

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
One could say, though, that they'd be stalking dungeons to kill people who were ready to go to dungeons. Is that not somehow an improvement?

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Seems like the issue is largely caused by group fights. Maybe some sort of group cap would help. Like you can only lose X amount of rep for killing players within a 15 minute period

Reactions: Najwalaylah

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Especially artificial consequences like "go do some boring delivery quests or lose access to most of the trading and crafting".

I'm quite confident that Farming rep --> Murdering --> Farmin rep --> Murdering is not an intended gameplay loop (and it shouldn't be since it'd be bad design). IIrc a very high reputation shall at some point reward characters with access to otherwise restricted areas and thus it makes sense that it is much harder to increase than to decrease. Main issue atm is that it's not feasible to live outside of towns since player cannot place crafting devices yet. Flagging & regional standing just need some refining, but in principle is working.

Reactions: Toerin

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
The devs think they're fooling people with the current set up. I get it, I know why they did it- steam reviews started to trend towards the negative, I saw a bunch of negative reviews pop up that were basically "I got killed in the graveyard after leaving Haven." So I totally understand their intent. They're not fooling anyone. No titles for murdering blues are out, leaving us to question if they will be in MO2 at all. I can't be Edune the Wicked? Or Dreadlord Edune? Weird, but whatever. Of course they removed Risar rep farming because they wanted to save blueberries. But with the current system, you have to spend hours running parcels just to have enough rep for a single group pvp encounter. Imagine playing Thursar right now. People want to point fingers and say anyone who flags up in pvp is the bad guy, but sometimes you're outnumbered and you're in an unwinnable fight unless you strike first- which means flagging up. You're not going to win a 5v10 by waiting for those 10 guys to flag up and kill half your group so that you don't lose rep as you turn into a lootbag. Imagine being dumb enough to let 10 people hit your smaller group first, you'd have to be a smoothbrained as Piet to let that happen.

Anyways this system obviously needs to be fixed. I've seen new people trying the game out get frustrated. People are rerolling every week because they don't want to stop PvPing. But everyone being banned from towns when we can't live out of houses and keeps yet is beyond ridiculous. And we need to be much louder about how shitty it is.

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
I wouldn't mind, but:
a) there is not enough lawless cities, and they are tiny, which is a problem now and will be more of a problem on release
b) they are limited in what you can do there - either there's no furnace, or there's no bow bench, or there isn't even a stable.
c) people who aren't RPK suffer from this system almost just as much as RPK
d) there are things you can only get from guarded cities
e) i want to visit MK from time to time 'cuz i love it
A) why would there be an equal amount of unlawful cities as lawful ones. It’s not good and evil. It’s people who follow laws set by the two empires and people who don’t. It would inevitably be the case that there would be more lawful citizens than unlawful ones
B) every thing you can make can be looted from other players. If you want to play as an outlaw, act like one.
C) not true. You can’t just say that’s the case without explaining what you mean by it.
D) it’s a good thing than that the people you are looting from DO have access to said guarded cities.
E) if you love it, be a part of it. Lol

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
After a radius around town, all areas should be lawless. The game is open pvp. Conflict is supposed to happen, and it will. The current flagging system literally needs to just be scrapped. This game is having an identity crisis. It wants to be some game where theres millions of kids running around cutting wood to sell on the broker out in the middle of nowhere. But thats not what this game is, and those players will never stay. But in an attempt to keep them the game is killing itself and losing all the players who would actually want to play an open pvp game.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I actually do agree to this idea.
if you are far enough from your home town that you have to priest back, then it should be treated like you were raiding.
if you really want to give those murder counts you can always ghost back anyways.

Reactions: Evelyn and Teknique

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
No one cares about the two empires.
False.
Neither does everyone care about them.
They're just constraints.
Even a sandbox has a few constraints; the NPC empires are one of them in this sandbox. They're probably going to continue to exist.

Player empires have yet to come.

This is far afield from the basic questions that are getting lost in the personalia:
How can you expect this to be a playable full-loot PvP MMO when legitimate PvP encounters are so heavily punished, that it would almost be better to simply lay down and die and achieve a spiteful "victory" of banning your opponent in town?

How do you stop other players from contesting resources?
  • How do you stop other players form outright stealing from your PvE kills?
You have to be free to beat them down if you can, and vice versa.
  • Is everyone supposed to just let it happen until they somehow have territory control with all benches and stable masters which does not even have a definitive release date?
That is how it is set up right now. I would like to see this game work not for Star Vault's sake but for the sake of others, and unfortunately for their sakes it seems impossibly far from working as a full game by the release date that is ~36 days away.
Either Standing needs to be extremely easy to replace or you need to remove Murdercounts from PvP that happens outside of towns.
It's no surprise that half a system isn't working. And it's generous to say 'half'; it might be more like a quarter. I don't think for a minute that SV will go forward with a permanent removal of any & all kinds of flagging, nor get rid of murders as a crime entirely, but if they're going to
a) wipe (some, or all)murder counts and
b( not give out more (in all, or SOME places) until the whole system for dealing with them is in place,
then
c) NOW's the freakin' time.

Without a whole bunch of systems being up to speed, Mortal Online 2 isn't ready to be sold as a "Game, Ready to Play". Nowhere is this more evident than with Reputation.

• Love
Reactions: Evelyn and Toerin

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
To a roleplayer in an mmorpg, you are all roleplaying. Scream/complain all you like, but thats how we see you. Whatever you do, we view and judge it as roleplay.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
This has another side effect that people also do not realize. Allow me to explain.

PKing is in fact an extremely profitable profession. Our guild makes an insane amount of money from selling stolen goods. It's nothing compared to what a massive guild like say KoTO can farm up, but for profit pulled from a tiny group we make a LOT of gold. As it turns out, because we spend so much time PKing we do not spend a lot of time farming. We also tend to travel to just about every corner of the map and sniff along every trade route for ganks. It is not uncommon for us to travel to other cities to buy things we need from the broker or more horses from the pet broker.

When you brick PK'ers from towns because of Rep, that economy influx is forever removed. Maybe some will have a blue account to go into towns to buy stuff, but many more will not bother.

Reactions: grendel