Delay Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
It's pretty obvious MOST people who care about MO2 and it's population think 'releasing' in Oct is a mistake, I think pushing it back at least a month would be in their best interest.

Hopefully Henrik takes notice, but even if he does his hands may be tied because of investors unfortunately...

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I don't care about missing features and want to start end of October. The date had been published at several places. And, sorry, it really doesn't matter of players would start some month after persistence. In the long history of MO1 we had so many starting and leaving guilds . Some guilds had been ruling the world for one or two years before they went away, and other guilds came after them with new players and ruled again very large areas. MO2 will stay for many years and develop further and further. Just counting at the beginning is too short thinking.
In theory, you're not wrong.

However just in the facet of Steam Reviews, having a poor launch can set us up for a lot of loss. Having Mixed or Mostly Negative reviews will dissuade a lot of users from wanting to try.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

sta8hszont

Jul 13, 2020
I don't care about missing features and want to start end of October. The date had been published at several places. And, sorry, it really doesn't matter of players would start some month after persistence. In the long history of MO1 we had so many starting and leaving guilds . Some guilds had been ruling the world for one or two years before they went away, and other guilds came after them with new players and ruled again very large areas. MO2 will stay for many years and develop further and further. Just counting at the beginning is too short thinking.

"Αρχή ήμισυ παντός", Plato 4th Century B.C., "The beginning is the halfway of the whole"
Meaning that first impressions will give you a good starting boost, increase numbers and make a good base to "build" further.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Let's see what they manage to pump out between now and 26 October. Me personally, I'm tired of waiting, went through three missed launch dates since end of last year.

Having said that, if SV deems it best to delay the launch one last time then I'm willing to wait a little longer. All the same, I'd rather a well-prepped launch than a half-baked one.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
The wording of release doesn't matter. For an MMO, no more wipes is release.

Unfortunately SV is probably going to maintain that it's not a "release" even though it effectively is.

They backed themselves into a corner here having to placate investors while overestimating how much they could get done in a short time frame.

2.5 years since announced, how close to MO1 level content are we?

Sandro

Sep 16, 2021
I loved MO 1
and I wish the best for MO2 and its developers.
However, I think that releasing a game with box price and month subscription for an almost empty no-content product is very misleading and unethical.
I will be prone to pay for both box and subscription, this is not a problem, but the product MUST be (almost) finished.

my two cents

Reactions: sta8hszont

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Looking at the long-term of MO2 you have to think about TC and housing, these are the two most important parts of the gameplay loop in MO2. Releasing the game without either is a big mistake for a couple reasons.

#1: The race to claim a keep or build a home in an advantageous spot disappears and the arms race becomes much less important.

#2: The day the TC/housing patch drops whoever is online first with the materials/deeds at the spot will claim the area rather than a natural competition of who can acquire goods faster.

#3: The purpose of the game is limited to small skirmishes outside towns or at farm spots and zero reason to declare all out war on another clan besides for Epeen swinging or immediate territory dominance (IE: You share bakti with 2 guild and want to push 1 guild out so you get more goodies). There will be little to no reason to fight at another doorstep but for fun/epeen.

Also I agree with the thread, this game does not seem ready in the slightest. Many places are devoid of life to interact with, hyllspia is a perfect example. (theres like 2 animal spawns). Obviously no TC/housing. Balancing issues. If SV is holding back a bunch of content, as they said, for us to explore when the game drops then maybe most of this is remedied. Regardless of all this, MO as a franchise has terrible reputation among outsiders and even the loyal few who support it. They really need to bring EVERYTHING together to make MO2 launch as perfection as possible if they want any chance at redeeming themselves and have a spot in the mmorpg genres.

sta8hszont

Jul 13, 2020
Reasoning worked! Hooray! Delay till end of January 25! i feel sad about persistence too, but I want this game to thrive!

Reactions: Telwyn

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Henrik was quite clear in his streams that launching without housing was somehow good for the game. Someone on that team understands that this critical system needs to be player tested and working on release.

Reactions: Rankor and Slyy
Status
Not open for further replies.