Crafting Suggestions

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
Since characters can now specialize in both combat and crafting, in order to avoid letting every character be a one-stop shop for all their gear needs, crafting should be made harder and more specialized.

First, there should be a huge skillpoint dump just to learn one type of armor or weapon crafting (IE choosing between guard armor or splinted or choosing between greatswords and clubs) so crafters can only truly "master" a craft or two by fully committing their points to it. This way players that want a specific kind of armor set need to go to specific crafters rather than a generic one that can make everything.

Secondly, to make crafting more engaging and skill based, minigames should be implemented that directly influence the quality of the gear being made. This differentiates and rewards the BEST crafters from the meh ones.

Reactions: Rhias

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth

Check out some of what others have said and join the post. :D

Reactions: PatWins

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I like the first part of being more specialized but I'm not a big fan of minigames. They're usually just annoying.

Reactions: Xunila

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I like the first part of being more specialized but I'm not a big fan of minigames. They're usually just annoying.
Depends on how challenging they are. If they're just an easy minigame you have to repeat 1000 times then they're tedious and boring. If they're engaging and actually bring skill into each craft then sign me up.

Reactions: Phen

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
And crafters that put low lore stuff in mo 1 should be locked in to combat only. But honestly why would we want advice from someone like yourself who did everything in their power to ruin the economy?
If ruining the economy means offering quality wares at affordable prices, that's just free market capitalism.

Only if you can only sell 100 skilled lore items in the broker
I only sold fully lored equipment. If no one liked it, no one would buy it, but my gold stockpile says otherwise:p..

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Playing minigames is very boring when you have to craft dozens or hundreds of items for guild mates. Then every item would get another quality. And also one must be able to see the quality directly on the item and at the broker.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
Playing minigames is very boring when you have to craft dozens or hundreds of items for guild mates. Then every item would get another quality. And also one must be able to see the quality directly on the item and at the broker.
That's the point! No two items would ever be the same, though can perform similarly, and you can't just mass produce items without a hit to quality. This rewards dedicated crafters rather than people with just the crafting skill but primarily PvPs.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I want to craft to support pvp roams and interact with people doing some role-play not be stuck in boring minigames.

Reactions: Xunila

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I love the minigame idea, Its about mastering 2 things outside of the normal. This does mean you have to pay more attention when making things. Also would create more interactions with players who rather gather than craft. My personal favorite part is that you build a reputation for your skills in multiple ways. Having a good recipe wouldnt mean as much if they weren't very good at the crafting itself. Could also make it fun where each process of your crafting does something particular to what your making. Instead of the insta craft style. Like a level 1 stage ( prepping mats ) level 2 stage ( playing minigame ) level 3 ( finalizing item ), then your item is complete with what every you used, your skills, and addition like emblems, patterns, aesthetics based things for fun. Then players could push only 2 of the levels and produce items quickly. While maybe a guild crafter takes his time so everyone has the same badass look.

I think it could be great. Just gotta see what they have in store.

Reactions: jbrewer

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
minigames seem like a good idea until someone makes a macro to perfect them every time

I wouldnt mind a limited amount of 'mastery' points that can be put into specific crafts that may make yours 'better' than others without the mastery, but it shouldnt make them game-breakingly better where noone would buy the non-mastery items. perhaps have it increase durability on armor/weapons or a small amount more of cooking/alchemy item quantity.

-barcode

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Xunila

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
I want to craft to support pvp roams and interact with people doing some role-play not be stuck in boring minigames.
The game shouldn't be 100% combat centric, else you can play Mordhau for that. Adding depth into crafting where it can be a challenging, major part of the game rather than a monotonous drag-materials-to-slots and click craft will only help the game not become another Chivlary-esque simulator.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
minigames seem like a good idea until someone makes a macro to perfect them every time

I wouldnt mind a limited amount of 'mastery' points that can be put into specific crafts that may make yours 'better' than others without the mastery, but it shouldnt make them game-breakingly better where noone would buy the non-mastery items. perhaps have it increase durability on armor/weapons or a small amount more of cooking/alchemy item quantity.

-barcode

i hope they push away the macro system completely. It made the game boring and people who fished banked over 500g an hour without being around. It broke the money system completely. So i hope that gets dealt with separately.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
The game shouldn't be 100% combat centric, else you can play Mordhau for that. Adding depth into crafting where it can be a challenging, major part of the game rather than a monotonous drag-materials-to-slots and click craft will only help the game not become another Chivlary-esque simulator.
I like freedom of sandbox oriented games and I want to see more politics,role-play,trading and empire building in MO2.The game should not be just battle royal arena but I dont want to play tetris anytime I craft something.Minigames are always dully implemented in any games and at this moment SV has more important systems to focus on.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
minigames are completly shit, so if i dont get the absolutley perfect thing, i will delete the just made armor instead of using it, thats bad game design and shitty game design.

Minigames that dont affect item quality is annoying too but atleast its not completly wasted.

Every crafter mysefl includet will throw the low/midle/high stuff away or delete it and try to craft the Hihg end. and of cource everyone will bot it for sure to mkae perfect stuff. So Just no!, its bad idea, ABsolutley bad idea. And if you say: "but you cant bot that" (my friend you can bot nearly everythign in the fuckign universe). so it would be pointless and just annoying for the sake of being annoying, no thats exactly the route SV should never go. Annoying fuckshit that makes the game feel "second unfair job online 2"

party hard

• Love

jbrewer

Jul 20, 2020
minigames are completly shit, so if i dont get the absolutley perfect thing, i will delete the just made armor instead of using it, thats bad game design and shitty game design.

Minigames that dont affect item quality is annoying too but atleast its not completly wasted.

Every crafter mysefl includet will throw the low/midle/high stuff away or delete it and try to craft the Hihg end. and of cource everyone will bot it for sure to mkae perfect stuff. So Just no!, its bad idea, ABsolutley bad idea. And if you say: "but you cant bot that" (my friend you can bot nearly everythign in the fuckign universe). so it would be pointless and just annoying for the sake of being annoying, no thats exactly the route SV should never go. Annoying fuckshit that makes the game feel "second unfair job online 2"

party hard
Well, durr? That's how armorcrafting works when a blacksmith makes a bad part he has to scrap it and start over if he's aiming for the best quality. And minigames don't have to be tedious, SV can find a way to make them fun or just copy something that looks like this: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Blacksmithing. Also I'm 99% sure botting is against the rules in MO.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Well, durr? That's how armorcrafting works when a blacksmith makes a bad part he has to scrap it and start over if he's aiming for the best quality. And minigames don't have to be tedious, SV can find a way to make them fun or just copy something that looks like this: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Blacksmithing. Also I'm 99% sure botting is against the rules in MO.
minigames could be fun i agree.

and noone cared about the botting rules the last 11 years everyone is makroing stuff and botting shit. its sad but its in every game and you cant do anything about it, i personally hate the fuckers that bottet fishing. i was proud to have my first fished armor scales that took literally days to farm. and they bot that shit and sell it for cheap as fuck gold thats grinding on my gears.

I dont know if it makes sense or not. the minigames

But throwing low gear away because its not worth it, thats what i would do and a friend of mine too until perfect outcome. so it doesnt get used like it should be used, and it just adds a new layer of anger because what should you do with that useless crafted crap.

Minigame in form of hauling 5min on a sword, can be quite fun, but annoying as hell after the 5k time. if it has no benefit on the outcome it feels just annoying. but as soon it has benefits the crafter that dont bot that shit is the underprivilaged crafter and thats a shit.

from my perspective and my expertise i will guarantee that i will just add another layer of "Fuck you player" and thats a big nonono.

so gain cheaters and botters ruined it again same like tarkov. nice ideas nice implemtation ideas, that just will not work. im sry for bein pesimistik but the last 11 years how stuff got implemented and how its used was 180degree the other way so SV should plan that in that people will fuck with everythign they can.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Balancing current MO1 system by making some of the materials more useful would be better and add more interesting options.Crafters should focus on getting access to better materials by cooperating with others than macroing minigames.

Rhias

May 28, 2020

Wow, that looks like so much fun. I'd like to play crafting the whole day. :sick:

It's almost like those scribing minigame in MO1. Most people made a screenshot of it, copied it to pain, moved along the path until it was perfect, and then executed the macro recorded in paint....