clade xp distribution is horrible

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
ok so , zombie general is worth 30 clade point ( at first it was 40 meh )

the distribution of clade point/xp seem random as fk ; i once did like 50% of the dps and 100% of the aggro , yet only gained 8 point ( once i did like 75% dps andgot one point )

just now i joined lately on a kill , did like 25% of the dps and got 28 points .... last blow doesn't seem to do something here ...

this is not a major problem ; but i think it need rework

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
And here's the bigger problem. Haven was meant to be a quick tutorial for new players. Now, because of the easy farming (combined with the problems in Myrland) it's become a PVE paradise for zero risk skill grinding.

SV was told this months ago. They were told to block clades and gold transfer from HAVEN. They didnt change it. Must be how they intended it.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
And here's the bigger problem. Haven was meant to be a quick tutorial for new players. Now, because of the easy farming (combined with the problems in Myrland) it's become a PVE paradise for zero risk skill grinding.

It always was. I told a guildie to stay in Haven cuz I didn't think he could get into Myrland, and I think he found it out the hard way.

Edit: THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF INSTANCES OF HAVEN, I think? lol or are they just coded w/ four digits sometimes?

Haven is indeed wack for everything other than bleeding out new players' refund timer.

ON THE OTHER HAND, not to mess up the topic, we should be getting clade exp per maxed skill/lore, too. What a dumb-ass system.

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
Ive yet to find a place to farm clade outside the graveyards, nothing has spawn times and density... but the graveyards are 3:1 player zombie ratio :( and that is while everyone is still in Haven, imagine how over crowded it will be when people leave haven.

Reactions: SegaPhoenix

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Ive yet to find a place to farm clade outside the graveyards, nothing has spawn times and density... but the graveyards are 3:1 player zombie ratio :( and that is while everyone is still in Haven, imagine how over crowded it will be when people leave haven.

Simply, run..just about 30 seconds further to the nearby "dubgeon" and farm all the undead u want.

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I think clade gifts are suppose to be the end game character progression, for some builds that rely heavily on their clade gifts to work this is can be annoying. But for people like me were only 8 clades are required for the build the other 12 are quality of life benefits it won't be to bad. I will say though it would be nice though if every thing you killed gave clade XP, kind feel forced to grind bandits an zombies for clade xp.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Haven is indeed wack for everything other than bleeding out new players' refund timer
ive seen you say something similar as this before. is it SV fault for having poeple in heaven for a while or Steams Policy of only 2h or game time then you cant refund/ 2h is not that long

Reactions: Vulpin

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Yeah the clade exp gain is absolutely terrible. They don't necessarily need to improve the gain from killing zombies, but what they should do is the following:

1. Large clade exp given when a skill hits 100 for the first time
2. Small Clade experience given for every craft
3. Clade experience given for all creature type kills (add clade exp to all aggressive monsters, at the very least. Basically everything other than pigs takes effort to kill).

Clade for the entirety of beta was just a 1 or 2 day farm, and it was changed to be this insane time sink right before launch, while adding almost no additional ways to increase clade. The way it exists now, it should be a system where EVERYTHING you do in game rewards clade. Right now it literally forces a character to spend days in the graveyard, and HIGHLY encourages characters to stay in Haven for as long as they can possibly stand it.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i agree that clade should be given for everything farmed or crafted ... that's why i stay in haven for now , it's boring as hell , i would really want to jump in myrland ....

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
ive seen you say something similar as this before. is it SV fault for having poeple in heaven for a while or Steams Policy of only 2h or game time then you cant refund/ 2h is not that long
It steam fault, the only thing you'll learn about any game in 2 hours is if it works or not. But valve doesn't really care, as long as they can make their massive 30% distribution fee off the game's purchase they don't care.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Ita been what...3 days? 4? I already have my stats and skills capped 500+Gold and working on 19th Clade.

Nit sure why you want it to be faster lol... TBH i feel like it is way to easy to level in this game. For a game thats supppsed to be a more realistic long living take on the classic mmorpg...it sure does seem to go 0-100 pretty fast with minimal effort.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Glad someone else noticed it.

I've had people run up and kill the mob I've done all the damage to then get 1 clade XP.

Didn't make me upset but it clearly isn't working as intended all the time.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Not saying anyone deserves blame, but I'm pointing it out. Strange irony that people are losing it not playing MO, but people have gotten refunds past 2 hrs, shown on reviews, so it depends on how you phrase it I suppose.

2. Small Clade experience given for every craft

Disagree with that one, rest, of course, and it will be. Remem, games don't go from CB (Closed Beta) to RELEASE. This is EA!!!TAAAA...

boru

Jan 28, 2022

As a total noob, I love haven. I'm learning the game in safety and progressing my character. I know things will be rough as hell in the pvp hellscape that is mainland so it's great. I've played a lot of mmorpgs and this is hands down the best new player experience imho. Once you leave you don't come back so I don't really see the problem.