Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.93 Discussion

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
MO1 is a total different dead game with garbage pvp balance and if something MO2 has to learn about MO1 is to do better race balancing.

On that we can agree. I just don't see how axing the best builds for Tindremene and Veela is achieving that. 100 INT builds needed a buff but that could have been achieved by making the curve work as the old one did up to 50 then making a straight line from 50 to 138 as Molag Amur suggested.

It also could have worked by giving different spells their own curves so some spells are very strong on hybrids while others are good on dex and fat mages as I suggested.

It would even be better if the intersect between old and new was at 75 as some here have said.

Cutting out all the hybrid section of the old graph while minorly buffing dex and fat mage was a really bad move that kills build variety.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
MO1 and MO2 are different games, also seems you are implying your opinion should count more than others because you played MO1 and others didn´t.

I don´t even know where to start lol

These are MO2 forums, in case you didn´t notice. I suggest you go back to MO1 forums if you want to discuss MO1, you know, maybe people there having so many hours played will be worth to discuss with.
Ofcourse it should count slightly more, we played for thousands of hours and know many of the problems that come with half of the suggestions here lately. Its not like our opinion is superior..

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
On that we can agree. I just don't see how axing the best builds for Tindremene and Veela is achieving that. 100 INT builds needed a buff but that could have been achieved by making the curve work as the old one did up to 50 then making a straight line from 50 to 138 as Molag Amur suggested.

It also could have worked by giving different spells their own curves so some spells are very strong on hybrids while others are good on dex and fat mages as I suggested.

It would even be better if the intersect between old and new was at 75 as some here have said.

Cutting out all the hybrid section of the old graph while minorly buffing dex and fat mage was a really bad move that kills build variety.

Preach

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
Ofcourse it should count slightly more, we played for thousands of hours and know many of the problems that come with half of the suggestions here lately. Its not like our opinion is superior..

There is a big issue if you are trying to prove your point thinking your opinion is more valid than the other person/s you are discussing just because you were playing a DIFFERENT game.

This is mortalonline2.com, you can see up in your browser. Whatever happened mechanic wise in MO1 stayed there, this is a brand new game and DEVS are trying to fix all the issues they had in MO1, INT scaling being one of them.

I´m pretty sure you are aware of their plans and the new features they want to implement , plus the things they want to change since this is a brand new game using just core mechanics of the first one.

When I´m trying to prove my points I don´t think anybody having a different opinion or even having an opinion at all should be counted out , you know, equality and all of that.

Times change, my friend, its up to you to change with them, adapt OR turn into dust. But you can also come into forums telling people how your opinion should count more because you played a dead game and they didn´t.

Reactions: TwistedSister77

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
There is a big issue if you are trying to prove your point thinking your opinion is more valid than the other person/s you are discussing just because you were playing a DIFFERENT game.

This is mortalonline2.com, you can see up in your browser. Whatever happened mechanic wise in MO1 stayed there, this is a brand new game and DEVS are trying to fix all the issues they had in MO1, INT scaling being one of them.

I´m pretty sure you are aware of their plans and the new features they want to implement , plus the things they want to change since this is a brand new game using just core mechanics of the first one.

When I´m trying to prove my points I don´t think anybody having a different opinion or even having an opinion at all should be counted out , you know, equality and all of that.

Times change, my friend, its up to you to change with them, adapt OR turn into dust. But you can also come into forums telling people how your opinion should count more because you played a dead game and they didn´t.
You make 0 sense , mo2 is the same as mo1 for a good 75%. But what would you know? Did u even play it 😂😂

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
You make 0 sense , mo2 is the same as mo1 for a good 75%. But what would you know? Did u even play it 😂😂

You don´t know if I played MO1 or not, or for how long but that doesn´t matter because we are not discussins MO1, this is MO2, we are discussing an issue about MO2 and you can´t expect MO2 to be MO1 or to have same mechanics because MO1 is in the past, dead and once again, this is a different game.

I suggest, again, that if you want to discuss MO1 you go to the MO1 forums or to the MO1 channel in discord.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
You don´t know if I played MO1 or not, or for how long but that doesn´t matter because we are not discussins MO1, this is MO2, we are discussing an issue about MO2 and you can´t expect MO2 to be MO1 or to have same mechanics because MO1 is in the past, dead and once again, this is a different game.

I suggest, again, that if you want to discuss MO1 you go to the MO1 forums or to the MO1 channel in discord.
Are you actually this dumb? Or is this just troll.. wtf..

• Haha
Reactions: cerqo

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
He probably did and got bullied by very mean veela hybrids. They took his lunch money and hes forever mad. Now he spends 90% of his time arguing with himself on MO public discord.

I prefer the forums where I can read you two pretending to be smart veteran players while you make assumptions about stuff you ignore. :)

Your narrow points of view will for sure make MO2 a better game.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I prefer the forums where I can read you two pretending to be smart veteran players while you make assumptions about stuff you ignore. :)

Your narrow points of view will for sure make MO2 a better game.
Lol says the guy who thinks mo2 is completely different because it says mo1 and not mo2 😂😂😂 if anything is narrow here its you..

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Never said I wanted that.

I never said your knowledge and experience should be thrown away, it was you who said my opinion should matter less than yours because I played less.
It shouldnt matter less, u just should understand that some people have alot of hours in this game and allready can see what those changes will do to the game.. doesnt mean our opinion is worth *more*

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To be fair, if you support the current INT curve, and do not believe hybrids deserve some other kind of buff, you're basically supporting the deletion of an entire playstyle. Foot-hybrids are about to get completely deleted from the meta as everyone learns they are now weak can't make up your mind compromise between a fighter and mage. And full-fighters and full-mages working together completely negate any continued justification for their existence as a build.

That being said, yeah the "The loudest voices here barely played MO1" comment was pretty bad. I'm sure I'm one of the people included that comment despite having 800+ hours into this beta on my main account, and probably being top 5% in terms of both time spent collecting relevant data (even if you include the time MO1 vets spent doing so in MO1 given my first graph surprised many MO1 vets despite being a cut and paste) and time spent playing mages/hybrids in MO2. I pretty much haven't run a build without magic since magic was released other than when playing my miner alt.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
To be fair, if you support the current INT curve, and do not believe hybrids deserve some other kind of buff, you're basically supporting the deletion of an entire playstyle. Foot-hybrids are about to get completely deleted from the meta as everyone learns they are now weak can't make up your mind compromise between a fighter and mage. And full-fighters and full-mages working together completely negate any continued justification for their existence as a build.

That being said, yeah the "The loudest voices here barely played MO1" comment was pretty bad. I'm sure I'm one of the people included that comment despite having 800+ hours into this beta on my main account, and probably being top 5% in terms of both time spent collecting relevant data (even if you include the time MO1 vets spent doing so in MO1 given my first graph surprised many MO1 vets despite being a cut and paste) and time spent playing mages/hybrids in MO2. I pretty much haven't run a build without magic since magic was released other than when playing my miner alt.

I don't think the entire playstyle dies....just VIABLE alvarin hybrids. Full Tind hybrids will still be just fine, maybe less magic tanky now, but still viable IMO.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021

Its no problem if you dont agree with my statement, it was more a blank statement about many subjects here on the forums, not this one in particular, some things people ask lately is just comical , and would be never asked if you knew the old game.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't think the entire playstyle dies....just VIABLE alvarin hybrids. Full Tind hybrids will still be just fine, maybe less magic tanky now, but still viable IMO.

We'll see. They'll lose a head-to-head fight against any similarly skilled full fighter on a good build, and they're also a not-great HP build that will likely run 10 psyche as meta when played and isn't particularly fast when it comes to closing on mages.

Essentially... they're countered by everything pretty hard. I think both builds will entirely disappear from the meta. There still is potential for some mounted hybrids but they are absolutely dead the moment they get dismounted so they're depending both on the inclusion of decent mount armor / tankier mounts and dismount not being a significant threat.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Full tind hybrids are garbo tho. You have almost the same stam as a veela but way less speed and also very low hp. Only decent thing about them is the damage bonus and mana pool.

There was a whole variety of human builds you could make between full tind and a more fighter based hybrid with very low mana and higher speeds. Now theres only 1 (shitty) option.