• Added Spider caves.
  • Added Brown Bears.
  • Added Razorbacks.
  • Added Black Bears.
  • Added Wolfes.
  • Added Domestic Pigs.
  • Added Nitre Workers.
  • Added mounted archery.
  • Added multiple interest points and camps to the map.
  • Added graveyards to Fabernum, Meduli, Bakti, Tindrem and Haven.
  • Added Librarians to all cities.
  • Added more Vendors to all cities.
  • Character creation visual polish.
  • Added more character customization options to character creation for certain races.
  • Added tooltips to attribute buttons in character creation to let players know they can hold shift to allocate/deallocate multiple points at once.
  • Disabled all spawn locations except haven.
  • Armor weight, carry weight are now displayed with two decimals.
  • Armor weight, carry weight, hunger and thirst, body heat now display modifiers in their tooltips.
  • Added thursar melee stamina drain reduction cladegift.
  • Updated some cladegifts.
  • Added debuffs for when reserves are too low to get maximum health/stamina/mana with information of how to get rid of the debuffs.
  • Added black bars to player frame, which will show you how much of your health/stamina/mana is being affected by low reserves.
  • Titles added, some might not work as intended and you can not show the title next to your name.
  • Voice chat reworked to allow better performance and more people.
  • More hints for newer players.
  • Added skin complexions for alvarins, oghmirs & thursars in character creation.
  • Added visual materials for bone resources when crafting armors/weapons.
  • Added postprocess color tweaks to Toxai area & jungle.
  • Added support for none human attacks.
  • Added support for AI charge attacks.
  • Added Pet attack command.
  • You can now mount mounts and ride them
  • Added support for Haven instancing
  • Added volumes that show small hints to help new players out
  • Added a lot of patrolling to the guards
  • Added a welcome message when you login to haven

Changes:

• Grip slot in weapon crafting now only accepts Leathers and Textiles.
  • Your strength now affects your blunt damage resist when parrying.
  • Your strength now affects how hard you can shield push another player.
  • Starting to cast and release magic in unarmed combat now doesn't need to exit combat to start casting or releasing a spell.
  • Casting and Releasing magic while in combat now only exits combat but doesn't force re-enter it after cast or Release.
  • Skill point caps changed from 20k points to 1100 Action skill points and 1100 Profession skill points.
  • Push should now trace better and not hit walls unintentionally.
  • Block endurance skill now gains xp when a block actually occurs.
  • Last target now stays til either: A: New target or B: Moves too far away from target.
  • Removed health numbers from targets display frame.
  • Melee and ranged combat is currently disabled on mounts because it is not up to standard yet.
  • Game build on Steam is now split into multiple pak-files (also known as chunks). This is the last patch where you will need to do an excessively a slow update.
  • Brand new hand animation retargeter implemented. This should solve the majority of issues with oversized hands for Oghmirs and Risars. (misaligned hands when casting magic, overly weird weapon poses, etc)
  • Bush pig animations updated.
  • Increased handle hit damage.
  • Pet follow-speeds adjusted.
  • Added butcher tables.
  • Abandon pet too far from you will now do a "global abandon".
  • Update shadow scalability settings. Shadows should be less draining on higher quality levels. Shadows should also have less flicker on lower settings.
  • NPC appearance generation improved with more variation such as different lengths.
  • Character body shape (fat/muscular) has been tweaked. Characters should now not be as puffy by default and be able to use the "full range" of the visual appearance. (thin, fat, muscular, obese, etc)
  • AI rotation while moving has been improved. AI no longer stutter left/right while moving around.
  • Updated light intensity at night to be brighter.
  • Updated cloud altitude, now closer to ground.
  • Nightvision is now different for each clade.
  • Improved pet window tooltips.
  • Optimized chat.
  • Spells that deal direct damage now cause mercy mode.
  • Thursar Regeneration skill now adds 2 hp and correctly reduces magic healing.
  • Updated Localization.
  • AI now play animations when tamed.
  • AI now play a animation when they see the player.
  • Vendor UI will now auto-match the prices if it can using currency from your backpack.
  • Books you are reading now show in the character sheet. You can right click the book to stop training.
  • Stable UI now close when you are too far away.
  • For testing you now gain skill and attribute XP 100 times faster.
  • Most creatures are now tameable.
  • Resting now shows on the timer how long it takes for you to be healthy but you do not auto-exit sitting.
  • Oghmir ichor buff now has a animation.
  • All spell icons are updated.
  • Only logout timers are now canceled by moving.
  • GuildStone tooltips now much clearer when you can afford to make a guild.
  • All pets should now have a custom icon when tamed.
  • Guards will now attack any attacking AI.

Fixes:

• Spells can no longer be cast in mercy mode.
  • Spells can no longer be cast in a stunned state.
  • Casting a spell while resting didn't remove the buff.
  • Magic Precast finish now doesn't block new actions from being made.
  • Magic Release now doesn't block new actions from being made.
  • Max mana is now correctly displayed.
  • Magic damage now doesn't trigger armor sounds.
  • Fizzle animation now shouldn't be playing even on successful Precast.
  • Magic effects should now not be skipped on casting new spells.
  • Lots of crash fixes.
  • Renamed paperdoll entries: 'Longterm -> Reserves', 'Length -> Height'.
  • Renamed Size to Height in character creation.
  • Paperdoll now displays the correct Size value.
  • Stuck function would sometimes cause a crash.
  • Feed pets would sometimes cause client to crash.
  • Player would get a large head-direction-pop when looking left/right after standing still for a little while.
  • Random arrow no longer appears on the back of humanoids.
  • Round compass is no longer 45 degrees off.
  • Incorrect distance check would cause fur on creatures to disappear right in front of the player.
  • Fixed issue with some levels being loaded at all times resulting in a performance drop.
  • Fixed issue with candle particles draining a few CPU cycles in cities.
  • Vendors no longer float or get stuck in ceilings.
  • Warcries should now refresh the buff timers of affected allies.
  • Multiple warcries should now increase the intensity of the warcry buff if your character is of the same clade.
  • Fixed bug where buff was on cool down if you already had used it and someone tried to buff you with it.
  • Fixed clade gift spelling errors.
  • Fixed some calculations which didn't take clade gift attribute bonuses into account.
  • Resting no longer forces your character to stand up once the timer has run out.
  • Resting won't force your character to stand if you happened to move just before sitting down.
  • Fixed bug where character height didn't visually update correctly in char creation if you held down shift.
  • Fixed bug in stables where pet icon was not displayed correctly.
  • Removed black bars showing on the sides in login screen and char creation when playing with higher aspect ratios.
  • Attribute lockstate should now correctly update when logging in.
  • Adjusted the values of max carry & armor weight to the value where you start losing movement speed.
  • Fixed several issues with the pet ui.
  • Fixed issues with certain clade gifts not reducing damage correctly.
  • AI should now more smoothly follow you when tamed.
  • AI that pitch to follow the ground now do it smoother.
  • Item use and skill use can no longer be triggered when dead.
  • Fixed memory leak in chat window.
  • Books now have a custom tool-tip.
  • AI now have a reaction window that is different depending on the AI before they attack.
  • Tamed AI should no longer react with the herd it came from.
  • Fixed issue with short AI not pathing correctly.
  • Items on vendors should now show the correct tooltip.
  • Extraction and Refining now give xp in all involved skills.
  • Fixed issue where ai would think it switched to a weapon when it switched to unarmed making it slow to react.
  • NPCs should no longer scan for targets and turn towards that target.
  • Fixed glitch where you could tame certain animals from far away.
  • Fixed issue with AI that attacked AI now correctly sending animations.
  • AI that takes damage from other players will now play their pain animation and sounds.
  • Fixed issue with AI not correctly knowing where the player was causing them to hit you from far away.
  • Added several new line of sight traces to make sure AI can see the player they are attacking.

Known Issues:

• A lot of Ai spawners are still missing.
  • Login button is disabled without telling the user why if Steam is not running when starting the game.
  • There is no animation for mounting or dismounting a horse and the player will teleport onto the horse.
  • You can enter combat but not use melee weapons while mounted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackdstripper

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Unfortunate that the "offensive melee" stuff they were talking about didnt get through.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
  • Added Wolfes.
Wolves. :p

• Added Pet attack command.
Can I also get a tame command so I can use it without a context-dependent use key? :p The context shouldn't have control over my actions, I should.

• Added volumes that show small hints to help new players out
You should probably call that something else for public communications. Nobody who isn't a UE developer knows what a volume is here.

• Casting and Releasing magic while in combat now only exits combat but doesn't force re-enter it after cast or Release.
Why does it do that to begin with? I should in in whatever mode I was before doing it.

• Skill point caps changed from 20k points to 1100 Action skill points and 1100 Profession skill points.
Are those the final numbers now?

• Last target now stays til either: A: New target or B: Moves too far away from target.
I'm still asking for the old targetting system option so it only brings up my reticule whenever I want and only switches targets when that is actually up, like holding tab. Where is my control?

• Game build on Steam is now split into multiple pak-files (also known as chunks). This is the last patch where you will need to do an excessively a slow update.
It actually does help with patching already I think.

• Abandon pet too far from you will now do a "global abandon".
I hope that actually works, always weird when commands that should work no matter what are range bound.

• Most creatures are now tameable.
So I can get a Risar pet? :p Just kidding, they are too stupid.

• Resting now shows on the timer how long it takes for you to be healthy but you do not auto-exit sitting.

So it can now act as a sit command?

• All spell icons are updated.
Are they less monotone now? Let's find out.

• Renamed Size to Height in character creation.
  • Paperdoll now displays the correct Size value.
Is it Size or Height now? Make up your minds. :p

• AI should now more smoothly follow you when tamed.
Is that a pathing improvement or just for directly after they are tamed?

Dimandius

Mar 21, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
1100 primary for both action / combat and profession skills sounds like a very nice balance - it basically fits 2 complete MO1 characters (one combat and one non-combat) into one.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
"Grip slot in weapon crafting now only accepts Leathers and Textiles"
Now you will need animal materials lore to make simple sword:(making grip using petrology materials should be also allowed.
No more wooden training weapons.

Reactions: Dimandius

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
1100 primary for both action / combat and profession skills sounds like a very nice balance - it basically fits 2 complete MO1 characters (one combat and one non-combat) into one.

Just before server reboot I have seen 1200 primary points in professions!

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Not really, considering you needed some from both types before for some setups and not for others. So you can't even really compare it that way.
And considering we went down from 3-4 characters to 1 and we can't have multiple clade setups etc. it seems a little small to make up for that.

And as Xunila said, it's actually 1200 profession skill points.

The helper texts should really reflect your keybindings. For example it shouldn't tell me Z does mouse mode when I currently don't have it bound to Z.

The new Ecumenical icons:

Screenshot 2021-03-22 225316.png

Last edited:

Dimandius

Mar 21, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
Not really, considering you needed some from both types before for some setups and not for others. So you can't even really compare it that way.
And considering we went down from 3-4 characters to 1 and we can't have multiple clade setups etc. it seems a little small to make up for that.

It's small to make up for the entire 4-character account setup, but hopefully this will limit the one-man-show self-sufficiency fanatics. I would much rather like to see people becoming specialized in their craft, having to trade other people in order to obtain the best combination of armor and weapons, than relying on their own characters all the time. Small guilds would still be completely viable, by mixing and matching their professions in order to reach a good grade of self-sufficiency in their gear production.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
It's small to make up for the entire 4-character account setup, but hopefully this will limit the one-man-show self-sufficiency fanatics. I would much rather like to see people becoming specialized in their craft, having to trade other people in order to obtain the best combination of armor and weapons, than relying on their own characters all the time. Small guilds would still be completely viable, by mixing and matching their professions in order to reach a good grade of self-sufficiency in their gear production.
I'm all for the whole economy aspect. Complete self-sufficiency is a stupid idea in an MMO.
But this is all a problem due to the whole split pools.
You are restricted in having multiple combat or multiple profession paths on one character and you're basically stuck with one combat path and one crafting path.
Also add to that there there will just be people with multiple accounts anyway so it will only have a small impact on those.

One character with split pools and all the restrictions we have only really makes sense when you also enforce a one account per user policy.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
One thing I found quite annoying: leaving haven puts you in a random town. considering how bug the world is, I would rather have the option to choose the town you want to be in.

a new player with no knowledge of the map will be stuck in a random town (like Toxai) and not knowing where to go. few lucky ones will get tindrem, but the rest who knows. imagine a new player dropped in GK, with no idea on how to even get food there.

there should be a clear choice menu, as well as short explanation of each town (particularly tindrem, so newbies know is safer there maybe)

One thing with NPC vendors that is still very unintuitive:
You right click what you want to sell and pay but you left click what you want to buy. Also you can't click the icon.

this! I still get confused after 100+ hours

Reactions: Jhackman

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
also,

- Haven needs some easier way to make money. even old tindrem training area had lisimachia, which would make few starting gold. right now is quite frustrating, even for vets. imagine new players trying to buy a weapon (making it is bit outside their possibilities).

- haven inventories (and possibly skills) need to be wiped after leaving, so that even if a player can easily accumulate 10ths of gold to try out things, in the "real" world they have to start again.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
One thing I found quite annoying: leaving haven puts you in a random town. considering how bug the world is, I would rather have the option to choose the town you want to be in.

They already wrote about this in Discord after the patch: There will be an options menu like in the former character creation dialog. And there could be, I got this from third party, a restriction of the city to the chosen clade, e.g. Alvarain would go to Morin Khur or Toxai only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sirsancho