+++++ A helpful solution for the community and company of Mortal Online 2 rather than a Subscription++++

404kiwi404

Aug 9, 2023
This is a wonderful experience as a game, players have been talking and brainstorming how Star Vault might approach a better solution then a subscriptions. The economy has everyone in it's grip at this time and for the unforeseeable future. It's looking dim. We are trying to shine a better light on the community that enjoys the game by offsetting the cost of subscriptions as it will save those struggling to pay their bills.This game is a wonderful Experience it would be a shame to have people be forced not to play When subscription Come out due to economic woes

1. Add Dlc's for people to pay for. witch includes haveing shrine in set dlc that you could only put one item in to becomes soul bound untill it brakes then u can do it again to another one, just a simple cool feature to have i have more ideas besides spell books and other stuff already
2. Add cosmetic items that won't break the game like Colored torches, Special emotes, preview colored names.etc i have more ideas
3. Add charges for extra character slots
4. not haveing a subscripton will de-incentivise from selling in-games items online to buy the subscription
5. Online shop for mugs, Board games,pens mini figures or anything , In game items Turn into real life items. ==higher priced items , swords maps, sheald, Rings, amulets contact for more
6. New hairstyles new tattoos Character recustomization, crosshair Customization
7. +++++special guild banners.++++ The owner of the guild can pay for customizing a banner for the entire guild+++++
8 Please don't hurt the community by doing a subscription ill try to come up with enything to help
9 Community please help and support my post if you agree add a comant if u have a Constructive suggestion I only want to help the community and also MO2 devs and company

Last edited:

newmizj

Jun 26, 2022
Wow, finally a well thought out idea. I could see how this would help others who are less fortunate at this time. Yes, we all know the world will be here in a year - but will your jobs? Will you be able to afford to play with a sub? I could see this actually working because those who are able could help support the game, and it wouldn't take out the player base that can't afford to pay for rent, utilities and food - let alone fuel for their vehicles.

Reactions: 404kiwi404

Sin

Jan 21, 2022
1. Custom pet skins for horses etc like painted horse.
2. Face paints
3. Titles
4. Secondary house plot
5. Customized crafting with logos etc.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Lower the subscription price equal for all, something like 5€/month.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The sub is one more gate for cheaters, real money traders, ect to go through. Which should lead to a better community.

Personally I would rather pay the sub and have everything the game has to offer without being nickel dimed to death.

Also, having the income being based on extras instead of the game itself could lead to development being more focused on

those extra things. Seeing that is how their money is being made.

I would rather the motivation be to make the game better so players are willing to sub for it.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
This is a wonderful experience as a game, players have been talking and brainstorming how Star Vault might approach a better solution then a subscriptions. The economy has everyone in it's grip at this time and for the unforeseeable future. It's looking dim. We are trying to shine a better light on the community that enjoys the game by offsetting the cost of subscriptions as it will save those struggling to pay their bills.This game is a wonderful Experience it would be a shame to have people be forced not to play When subscription Come out due to economic woes

1. Add Dlc's for people to pay for. witch includes haveing shrine in set dlc that you could only put one item in to becomes soul bound untill it brakes then u can do it again to another one, just a simple cool feature to have i have more ideas besides spell books and other stuff already
2. Add cosmetic items that won't break the game like Colored torches, Special emotes, preview colored names.etc i have more ideas
4. not haveing a subscripton will de-incentivise from selling in-games items online to buy the subscription
5. Online shop for mugs, Board games,pens mini figures or anything , In game items Turn into real life items. ==higher priced items , swords maps, sheald, Rings, amulets contact for more
6. New hairstyles new tattoos Character recustomization, crosshair Customization
7. +++++special guild banners.++++ The owner of the guild can pay for customizing a banner for the entire guild+++++
8 Please don't hurt the community by doing a subscription ill try to come up with enything to help
9 Community please help and support my post if you agree add a comant if u have a Constructive suggestion I only want to help the community and also MO2 devs and company
when the game will fail, Blizard will buy it and turn this game in WOW2 and you will have this features just have patience

as for rest of us hear me this play the hell out of this game while you still can and enjoy every minute of it, else Blizar will buy it and break our gem game MO2 :eek:

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
I think the problem with a 15€ sub is that its really little bang for the buck. Spending 15€ for that amount of ressource-grinding can't be a successful strategy. Without mining-bots people will realize HOW MUCH granum you need to gather for a stack of steel and for 15€ a month Im not crafting swords, while now Im smithing them for free if asked kindly. And its not just steel. Gathering good amounts of Gamun and Salvia is also a painful grind and imo not really something Id be willing to pay 15€ a month for.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
This game need a sub, as you pay for quality GM´s and their tools to check for cheaters and remove them as fast as possible. Follow a player and
observe suspicious players for a longer time period, check the logs and so on.

What i would like to see is a machanic for no lifers wo a job to pay the sub in Gold, as a Gold sink. Its should be expencive. Maybe 800 Gold + Prominence. 80 % of the players would rather pay 15 Dollar, instead of having to work 1-3 days ingame for a sub, but there are players that can´t even affort the sub. I think every "Nolifer" wo a job bring 3-4 players that pay sub, as they are playing all the day and keep the economy alive during the downtimes. I have seen that in Albion and the sales after there sub mechanic. It would also be nice to gift other palyers sub.

I thinkt here should be no DLCs, that split the community but imo there should be supporter packets.
Pay to bring content packages.

Every consmetic Item lower the quality of the game, becuase that skin or whatever could be locked behind content. If aplayer see a rare skin he must have the feeling he can work for it and not that he have to pull out his wallet and pay real money.

What i think we need is pay to bring content supporter packets.

Pay 3k dollar and design your own Monster. Pay 2 k to design an unique skin for a sword and so on. Get a statue from you ingame (in tindrem)
I would pay for a Monument of the anabolic Man in Tindrem XD
I even have a suggestion

1691666134528.png

I have seen how well it worked in Path of Exile. Everytime when a player bought such a packet the community was happy, becuase it brought new content.

Last edited:

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
This game need a sub, as you pay for quality GM´s and their tools to check for cheaters and remove them as fast as possible. Follow a player and
observe suspicious players for a longer time period, check the logs and so on.

What i would like to see is a machanic for no lifers wo a job to pay the sub in Gold, as a Gold sink. Its should be expencive. Maybe 800 Gold + Prominence. 80 % of the players would rather pay 15 Dollar, instead of having to work 1-3 days ingame for a sub, but there are players that can´t even affort the sub. I think every "Nolifer" wo a job bring 3-4 players that pay sub, as they are playing all the day and keep the economy alive during the downtimes. I have seen that in Albion and the sales after there sub mechanic. It would also be nice to gift other palyers sub.

I thinkt here should be no DLCs, that split the community but imo there should be supporter packets.
Pay to bring content packages.

Every consmetic Item lower the quality of the game, becuase that skin or whatever could be locked behind content. If aplayer see a rare skin he must have the feeling he can work for it and not that he have to pull out his wallet and pay real money.

What i think we need is pay to bring content supporter packets.

Pay 3k dollar and design your own Monster. Pay 2 k to design an unique skin for a sword and so on. Get a statue from you ingame (in tindrem)
I would pay for a Monument of the anabolic Man in Tindrem XD
I even have a suggestion

View attachment 6132

I have seen how well it worked in Path of Exile. Everytime when a player bought such a packet the community was happy, becuase it brought new content.
You're full of good ideas, but i do think 15€ is a little high for this game. Trading Gold for Premium (like in Albion) could be a good idea but it could also destroy the economy because you give in-game gold a real money value and with the amount of exploited/ cheated gold already in-game, i just can't see it being a successfull business-model in general. You see, the Cheaters and Exploiters that absolutely ARE in game will make SV lose actual money, sell enough gold for the 15€ sub for 10€ and make a business out of it. And every noob will be griefed for every single piece of copper, coz it now holds actual value.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
You're full of good ideas, but i do think 15€ is a little high for this game. Trading Gold for Premium (like in Albion) could be a good idea but it could also destroy the economy because you give in-game gold a real money value and with the amount of exploited/ cheated gold already in-game, i just can't see it being a successfull business-model in general. You see, the Cheaters and Exploiters that absolutely ARE in game will make SV lose actual money, sell enough gold for the 15€ sub for 10€ and make a business out of it. And every noob will be griefed for every single piece of copper, coz it now holds actual value.

I think the old idea for this was to have sv sell something like a tradable sub token for real money.

This way SV actually gets paid for the sub and the players could trade/gift them ingame to other players.

Basically those that don't have real funds could make it ingame and buy from those that do have the funds.

This would allow for players to indirectly buy ingame gold. Since they could buy sub tokens and sell them ingame.

But the ability to buy gold tends to happen illegitimately anyway. Which opens up lots of risks for scams and such.

So I would rather see SV making the money and removing the risks.

I know there is still may be issues with something like this.

But it is one of the things I could except to be sold by SV. Seeing it is still a sub they are selling.

Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
I think the old idea for this was to have sv sell something like a tradable sub token for real money.

This way SV actually gets paid for the sub and the players could trade/gift them ingame to other players.

Basically those that don't have real funds could make it ingame and buy from those that do have the funds.

This would allow for players to indirectly buy ingame gold. Since they could buy sub tokens and sell them ingame.

But the ability to buy gold tends to happen illegitimately anyway. Which opens up lots of risks for scams and such.

So I would rather see SV making the money and removing the risks.

I know there is still may be issues with something like this.

But it is one of the things I could except to be sold by SV. Seeing it is still a sub they are selling.
Yes that kind of token is what you can buy in Albion for in-game currency. The problems i see with a solution like this is a): cheaters get subs for free and b) the RMT-prices. I dont know if anyone actually buys in-game items at these playerauction-sites but were talking hundreds of dollars for some stuff. So buying a sub for in-game currency when you could just sell your stuff for double at a rmt-site and then buy the sub while making a profit will be a less viable option and play in the hands of RMTers
Id say a sub for 10€ would be fine. But id also really want SV to speed up gathering in general, so the fun part of the game takes up a little more space in gameplay time. The only thing thats bothering me about the sub is the amount of time it takes to gear yourself compared to the time you're actually having fun.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The day you can buy anything ingame in a "cash store" with RL money I will quit playing MO.

bopkasen

Jul 21, 2023

There are going to be people, like myself, who don't like microtransaction. It is a childish system of online gaming. Buy this, for $5, buy a "special" crate for $5, etc. Star Wars Battlefront II was ruined for that reason. I don't count on the majority population to buy microtransaction because the last thing we want is to turn them away. They have to like the game first before approaching the microtransaction system.

Because MO2 is dedicated to Steam, without the login page, I feel that would hinder StarVault from assigning multiple account. They would have to setup a back-office, player's admin page to select multiple account and subscribe, just like MO1.

IMO. I am deeply attractive to multiple accounts discount. I am already paying for the server's bandwidth if I am paying for one account. In MO1, for 2 accounts, the subscription costs was already nut - paying $100 a month. They should never have push the costs too high because it would turn away new player before even marrying to the idea of subscribing.

I do want to warn dev that we are already at a modern age where new network technology sped up network communication while upsizing the hardware performance. This put me in a position where I no longer want to pay a lot for something on the internet.

Using GeForce Now as an example, they are offering beefy virtual machine for Steam gaming, for free. If you want to skip the wait and have longer session, it would costs $10. Granted, it is still limited time. But, the limited time allows player to self-govern the usage of the service. None of this would have been offer by any dedicated virtual machine host. They would have charge you $60-$80 a month.

Between $60-80 and $10, I choose $10 because I already benefiting from the superiority of the virtual machine performance.
Newer computer network technology really does decrease the cost of network service and increase the performance. I wouldn't agree with Star Vault going back to MO1's cost of subscription. It is no longer a viable compared to today monthly subscription based MMO, like Eve Online.

The point is, we aren't living in 2018. The cost of internet and server have been lowered. Star Vault shouldn't have to ask for too much money. $5 - $10 per account, are something that I am counting on. And, if they want to give me discount for buying 3 months, then by all means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahz