10 Year "Living Legend" EverQuest player coming to my first Mortal Online 2 experience.

Jnanislore

Nov 28, 2021
I'm interested in how well this will run on my new 2021 custom-built rig, so we shall see how good the performance is. I'm about to fire it up and see how well my rig will run it, which I don't think I'm going to have any problems with, but again, we shall see. I'm interested in this game, even with its 40-dollar price point and sub fees, so I'll be testing this over the course of the next few months to see what it has going for it, and will write a full review about the game once I'm finished checking it out. As for now. I'm out. The game just finished downloading and I'm interested to see the graphic style and first-person perspective on display, which will be to my liking, hopefully. If this game can grab me. I think I might've just found my fulltime game. I'm bouncing backwards and forwards to a few different online titles and I'd like to find something I can really have a more invested interest in, so hopefully this does it. As for now though, I will say this. The forums are really nice, so there you have it folks. A brand-new face on the forums.

Update upon launching the game and my experience so far with the game in general and performance: The game opened smoothly and I was able to get into the game with no problems, so that was a pleasant surprise, but upon entering the game I noticed the graphics quality was poor, so I made changes to my settings and have everything on ultra, but still had quality issues, so I toggled nudity and turned on vsync and the quality of the game improved dramatically, removing my initial complaints about how the lighting and overall picture quality looked. I even enabled vertical field of view and I must say. I've never played an MMO that had nudity in it guys, this is a first, and it made me feel a bit strange, standing there looking down at some stranger's body parts, but it's an interesting twist to the genre, so there is that, but I must say, the graphics here are perfect. This is what I was expecting. I wanted that quality, and this game has a really nice picture quality that a lot of games just don't have, so I've found my game as far as that is concerned and I'll continue to play this over the next few months to see how the game is overall, but I'm very happy with what I see on display. My system doesn't seem stressed and I'm under the memory mark, but I think 16GB is a good enough number for this game, and my video card is only a 3.0 and not a 4.0 card, but my board does support 4.0 cards, so I'll upgrade later, but with this setup, the game does perform well, so I'm also happy about that, because I was expecting to maybe not be able to play on extreme settings like I'm, but that's not the case here, so performance is good I'd say, and if I need to tone down settings later, like if I do run into issues later. I still have plenty of room to notch it down, but I don't think I'll need to do so, but yeah, so far so good.

Giving the game a 10/10 as I've only played part of the crafting tutorial and mostly have been messing with settings, but wow, this game is impressing me. So glad I picked this up. What really trips me out about this game is I actually feel the emersion really strong. When my graphics went from a 1 to a 10 due to settings, it really kind of blew my mind, and I played for a bit longer and looked at the sky and the moon, and really looked around at the roads and paths and it's all so fantastic looking; it really makes me feel like I'm there. Skyrim was nice looking too, but this is on another level. You did first person right. Like when I step in front of the crafting tables it really brings me into the area. Like I've seen crafting tables a million times, but the crafting tables in this game really make me believe I'm there.

It's a very immersive experience. I'd say this is the best-looking PC game I've ever seen. Also, the gathering and such is fantastic too. It's very immersive. Banging on rocks or chopping wood feels properly done. If you turn around you lose focus and stop gathering. It also all just looks and feels very realistic. It's impressive. I'm sure I'll get a lot of enjoyment playing this game, not just because it looks good, but because from the feel of it all. I can tell the people who worked on this did the game justice, and that makes me want to really play it, because I like high quality games and you don't really get a lot of them, even with the tech being like it is, you really don't get a lot of well running good looking and playing games.

Well, I finished the tutorial of the game and left Haven after many hours of adventure, so I'm off to a start in the PVP area of the game now. I was a bit confused as to how to leave Haven, so did a quick Google search and it returned me here to the forums and I then realized there are some small statues you can click on to leave town.

I was looking for big statues and it took me a while to find them, since they're so small, but I did manage to and I'm out of the started area now, so yeah, I think the game is a bit confusing with the crafting and such, but overall, it's a pretty cool game. The game is more three-dimensional than a lot of games, for whatever reason, but overall, I'd say I already like it quite a bit. The combat is slower pace and I understand the nature of the game is centered around conflict and PVP and such, and even realize I'll probably suck at this for a while, but I feel like this is something that I could have a lot of fun at and to learn how to play well given the time, and have a blast with friends with in, so yeah, great game.

Still a 10/10 for me, and I'm ending my night, but I'll play when I wake up at some point tomorrow and continue my adventure, and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into.

Game is running at 60 fps on my rig on ultra-mode at 1080p, which is what I game at resolution wise. Not one reason have I come across to turn my settings down, but if it happens, which I don't think it will. I still have plenty of room to turn my settings down, but for now, the game is running fine.

This is the rig running the game:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 390
Memory: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 16GB
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming

Last edited:

Jnanislore

Nov 28, 2021
gpu maybe, afaik 3600x is legit af for gaming. If you're just playing for ambiance, it's cool to get like 40 fps (even tho hitches are augggh), but I'd suggest lower setting for most fighting including pve.

Also I have nudity off (carebare? lool), real shit. After awhile you've just seen way too many dicks. I had a full Khurite on my second re-roll (tho I still say from MO1 day 1, full sard is the hottest!) and I had spawned naked after dying and dood was like OH I LOVE ASIANS, like really getting into it, talkin' about how great the model is on Khurite, and it's like man you're making me uncomfortable lool. Not really, but yea. It's all fun... mainly the idea in MO is don't get too serious. When people try to make it srs, just tell em to fuck off. There's a lot of fun stuff to do, but we are all waiting for mooooore content!

Dude, I was getting like 300+fps in Cyberpunk 2077, uncapped. I think my system can handle this even with fighting on full force on ultra-settings. My build is a top build for a mid-range system. It's right now, even on low settings, meaning with my current hardware configuration, a nuclear submarine. I might even be a UFO with a 4.0 video card. Trust me. It's more powerful than it looks.

I'm used to running old office computers for gaming. I was running Wow on 246 megs of ram at one point in my development. I even have all my old cards over the last eleven years, except one, because I blew it up. I have a 1.0, a 2.0, this 3.0 I'm using now, and I will upgrade into a 4.0, but not right now, but trust me, this 3.0 is rocking this game just fine. I'm going to stress test it some more, but I think it's good to go. I don't even need to turn it down. If it starts to bog down, I'll turn it down, but I can go, I know for sure, to at least medium settings with full battle, but I think I can rock it--as is--with ultra-settings on a full scale battle field. We'll test and see though, just for fun.

Trust me, even on ultra-settings and my system being the way that it is; not working at full speed, etc, it's still pushing 100s of frames if not 200-300 fps even in this game. I'm getting really high-fidelity graphics with my current hardware. I'll test with Fraps to see what it goes up to.

The old way I used to monitor my frames isn't working. They updated the program that I used, so my fps doesn't work anymore, but I can tell by looking at the picture that I'm pushing into the 100s of frames per second, but I capped it out at 60, so let me uncap it and see through Fraps or the in-game counter. Fraps is broken on my PC now for whatever reason, so I can't use that and I don't even trust the in-game meter, so I can't use that either.

I can tell by looking though, and it's pushing 60 at the 60 cap, and if I uncap it, it's pushing north of 250 fps, regardless of what the fps meter says in any program or what the game says either. I don't trust fps meters anyway, and my eye can tell, and it's pushing north of 250 fps even with the old video card in there, and I'm sure of it, because I know what my system can do, not because I can see 250+ fps, but it's a 3.0 card, so it's not that dated and it's pushing at least 60 at the 60 cap and I can see that, but I'm sure it's actually pushing into the 200-300 range uncapped, because of back testing on other games as new as this, running similar tech.

Video cards go by versions, and I have a good version of a 3.0 card, so it's pushing harder than most 3.0 cards, so yeah, it's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Well, coming from everquest your graphics bar is set pretty low 😉.

all kidding aside, welcome. Just fyi this game is pretty brutal once you leave Haven. Mostly because of the people that play it. Hope you got the stones for it.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
If you're like me, you won't notice the nudity after the first five minues.

I remember when Nakieon stood (nekkid) right in front of me while I was sitting, mditating, on the lawn at Wentus Castrum (code for "a long, long time ago") and asked me "What do you think of this" about the most personal & visible item of his avatar's equipment.

My answer was the one recommended for all such occasions: "It looks just like a penis, only smaller."

Welcome to Mortal. I think I shall call you "Leeroy".

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You need like top end GPUs to run this game outside of low settings. Even with low settings you still get like sub 60s most places. Mid range just doesnt cut it for the game.

you need like 3000x t o have decent performance with decent graphics.

This is a big open world streaming MMO but other games you are having much better fps

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
@Jnanislore Welcome to the community, and I'm glad to hear that your experience with the game has been positive, so far.

As @Jackdstripper said, once you leave Haven it will be the real pvp anywhere anytime with full looting upon death that this game is known for.

If you can weather this aspect of the game, you'll probably stay for the long-term going forward seeing that you seemed to have enjoyed Haven so far.

Good first impressions write-up. 👍

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
I'm interested in how well this will run on my new 2021 custom-built rig, so we shall see how good the performance is. I'm about to fire it up and see how well my rig will run it, which I don't think I'm going to have any problems with, but again, we shall see. I'm interested in this game, even with its 40-dollar price point and sub fees, so I'll be testing this over the course of the next few months to see what it has going for it, and will write a full review about the game once I'm finished checking it out. As for now. I'm out. The game just finished downloading and I'm interested to see the graphic style and first-person perspective on display, which will be to my liking, hopefully. If this game can grab me. I think I might've just found my fulltime game. I'm bouncing backwards and forwards to a few different online titles and I'd like to find something I can really have a more invested interest in, so hopefully this does it. As for now though, I will say this. The forums are really nice, so there you have it folks. A brand-new face on the forums.

Update upon launching the game and my experience so far with the game in general and performance: The game opened smoothly and I was able to get into the game with no problems, so that was a pleasant surprise, but upon entering the game I noticed the graphics quality was poor, so I made changes to my settings and have everything on ultra, but still had quality issues, so I toggled nudity and turned on vsync and the quality of the game improved dramatically, removing my initial complaints about how the lighting and overall picture quality looked. I even enabled vertical field of view and I must say. I've never played an MMO that had nudity in it guys, this is a first, and it made me feel a bit strange, standing there looking down at some stranger's body parts, but it's an interesting twist to the genre, so there is that, but I must say, the graphics here are perfect. This is what I was expecting. I wanted that quality, and this game has a really nice picture quality that a lot of games just don't have, so I've found my game as far as that is concerned and I'll continue to play this over the next few months to see how the game is overall, but I'm very happy with what I see on display. My system doesn't seem stressed and I'm under the memory mark, but I think 16GB is a good enough number for this game, and my video card is only a 3.0 and not a 4.0 card, but my board does support 4.0 cards, so I'll upgrade later, but with this setup, the game does perform well, so I'm also happy about that, because I was expecting to maybe not be able to play on extreme settings like I'm, but that's not the case here, so performance is good I'd say, and if I need to tone down settings later, like if I do run into issues later. I still have plenty of room to notch it down, but I don't think I'll need to do so, but yeah, so far so good.

Giving the game a 10/10 as I've only played part of the crafting tutorial and mostly have been messing with settings, but wow, this game is impressing me. So glad I picked this up. What really trips me out about this game is I actually feel the emersion really strong. When my graphics went from a 1 to a 10 due to settings, it really kind of blew my mind, and I played for a bit longer and looked at the sky and the moon, and really looked around at the roads and paths and it's all so fantastic looking; it really makes me feel like I'm there. Skyrim was nice looking too, but this is on another level. You did first person right. Like when I step in front of the crafting tables it really brings me into the area. Like I've seen crafting tables a million times, but the crafting tables in this game really make me believe I'm there.

It's a very immersive experience. I'd say this is the best-looking PC game I've ever seen. Also, the gathering and such is fantastic too. It's very immersive. Banging on rocks or chopping wood feels properly done. If you turn around you lose focus and stop gathering. It also all just looks and feels very realistic. It's impressive. I'm sure I'll get a lot of enjoyment playing this game, not just because it looks good, but because from the feel of it all. I can tell the people who worked on this did the game justice, and that makes me want to really play it, because I like high quality games and you don't really get a lot of them, even with the tech being like it is, you really don't get a lot of well running good looking and playing games.

Well, I finished the tutorial of the game and left Haven after many hours of adventure, so I'm off to a start in the PVP area of the game now. I was a bit confused as to how to leave Haven, so did a quick Google search and it returned me here to the forums and I then realized there are some small statues you can click on to leave town.

I was looking for big statues and it took me a while to find them, since they're so small, but I did manage to and I'm out of the started area now, so yeah, I think the game is a bit confusing with the crafting and such, but overall, it's a pretty cool game. The game is more three-dimensional than a lot of games, for whatever reason, but overall, I'd say I already like it quite a bit. The combat is slower pace and I understand the nature of the game is centered around conflict and PVP and such, and even realize I'll probably suck at this for a while, but I feel like this is something that I could have a lot of fun at and to learn how to play well given the time, and have a blast with friends with in, so yeah, great game.

Still a 10/10 for me, and I'm ending my night, but I'll play when I wake up at some point tomorrow and continue my adventure, and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into.

Game is running at 60 fps on my rig on ultra-mode at 1080p, which is what I game at resolution wise. Not one reason have I come across to turn my settings down, but if it happens, which I don't think it will. I still have plenty of room to turn my settings down, but for now, the game is running fine.

This is the rig running the game:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 390
Memory: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 16GB
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming
TLDR, but an R9 390 is destined to die within its first couple years. Mine lasted 2.5 and I was a lucky one. Godspeed!

Edit: now that i think about it... I actually had the 290.... Hope they fixed the faults in the next line.

Deathshroud

Dec 2, 2021
I played EQ2 from release and that game was utter shite lol

I didnt play EQ i was to busy playing UO TSA at that time