1 versus 2 Accounts...

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I think 2 char per account is the sweet spot.

realistically speaking, solo players will get super-shafted by the 1 char-per-account rule. but small guilds might have some troubles as well, when not all the members are online 24/7

No, I like the one char per account system very much. In MO1 I used five subscribed accounts for a short time and had four characters on each account. A standard problem of players in guild lead or alliance lead.

StarVault already increased the primary points in the profession area to 1200 and I hope to get even more. The issue of "one profession per character" which we had in MO1 is already solved when a number of skills changed from primary to secondary. And we have the 70 points system in the crafting skills (armor, weapon, bow, shield). Both helps to be able to run two professions on the same character. With 1500-1800 primary points this would become even better.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
No, I like the one char per account system very much. In MO1 I used five subscribed accounts for a short time and had four characters on each account. A standard problem of players in guild lead or alliance lead.

StarVault already increased the primary points in the profession area to 1200 and I hope to get even more. The issue of "one profession per character" which we had in MO1 is already solved when a number of skills changed from primary to secondary. And we have the 70 points system in the crafting skills (armor, weapon, bow, shield). Both helps to be able to run two professions on the same character. With 1500-1800 primary points this would become even better.
As we get more primary proffesions it would be nice to see a boost in skill points to accompany it. It would definitely make the 1 char per account more enjoyable. But I also think this will heavily depend on how many people play the game. More people means a more diverse playerbase so it would be easier to find someone to do the thing you can't for you.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa

another way then to help would be to make crafting/extraction primaries re-skillable once you have secondaries maxed out. this way a really dedicated player can swap around primaries between making resources and crafting with a sizable time investment (but still doable)

Reactions: Rorry and Xunila

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
another way then to help would be to make crafting/extraction primaries re-skillable once you have secondaries maxed out. this way a really dedicated player can swap around primaries between making resources and crafting with a sizable time investment (but still doable)

Yes, that's what I'm thinking about too. Especially for rarely used skills like engineering I would reduce a primary skill of the material lore area and read engineering when planning to build a house. Re-reading the primary skill has always been possible in MO1 and is also in MO2. But maxing again takes time.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

Having multiple accounts is pay to win. You pay to have an advantage over others that do not pay extra. If you don't have more than one account you will always be at a disadvantage.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Having multiple accounts is pay to win. You pay to have an advantage over others that do not pay extra. If you don't have more than one account you will always be at a disadvantage.
people like to say this but ... what do you want them to do to prevent people from having multiple accounts? how can they police for this?
ok lock it down by ip. people got vpns
ok lock it down by cpuid. people got multiple machines.

trying to prevent multiple accounts is a fool's errand.

your best chance is to provide more reasons why multiple characters per account should be allowed.

-barcode

D

Deleted member 44

people like to say this but ... what do you want them to do to prevent people from having multiple accounts? how can they police for this?
ok lock it down by ip. people got vpns
ok lock it down by cpuid. people got multiple machines.

trying to prevent multiple accounts is a fool's errand.

your best chance is to provide more reasons why multiple characters per account should be allowed.

-barcode
Well, SV already collects your IP and MAC address. Pretty simple really. Two account limit per IP and one account per MAC address.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well, SV already collects your IP and MAC address. Pretty simple really. Two account limit per IP and one account per MAC address.
Its been discused already here by players and by Henrik us house holds will have multiple people playing on one machine.
So two siblings using the same PC cant play, or a child cant play if there parent also plays. To include couples.

Xatras

Aug 21, 2021
Not everyone has static ip. They can be shared by thousands of people. I have 2 pcs capable of running MO2, now what?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

reading comprehension is hard
-barcode

I don't understand why you are trying to personally attack me. What I said was true, and it will prevent most people from abusing the system. Of course there are work arounds. There are work arounds for anything in life.

Its been discused already here by players and by Henrik us house holds will have multiple people playing on one machine.
So two siblings using the same PC cant play, or a child cant play if there parent also plays. To include couples.
This is an extreme outlier and a bullshit excuse. I don't care.

Not everyone has static ip. They can be shared by thousands of people. I have 2 pcs capable of running MO2, now what?
Not true. You are provided a single public IP address from your ISP. Your IP lease rarely changes and the change wouldn't affect your ability to access the MO servers. You also didn't read what I said. If you have two computers that means you have two different MAC address both using the same IP. If your ISP gives you a new IP address you again have 1 IP address and two MACs. The IP address that you are no longer using goes back into the pool for another person to use. If they decide to play MO with that IP address (which chances are they won't) they will have different MAC address for the IP they are using. This system was already in place in MO1.

Xatras

Aug 21, 2021
It was not. In Mo1 we could launch 2 different ftp accs on 2 pcs using the same router. Now I have 2 pcs just for myself so I would still be able to play on 2 accs. There is no way you can enforce it

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
With that logic then every single mmorpg is pay to win.

You simply cannot stop people from having multiple accounts if they really want to. All you can do is make it expensive so that most players wont bother with it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
With that logic then every single mmorpg is pay to win.

You simply cannot stop people from having multiple accounts if they really want to. All you can do is make it expensive so that most players wont bother with it.

no it’s not stop lying

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Why get another account when you can just get another friend? Is that pay to win too?

If you want to play another class you can simply change up you character. With the new alchemy recepies you will be able to change size and age too.

Just spend 2 weeks changing stats and skills, bro!

No thanks. I'll get 4 accounts instead.

Ligator

Aug 28, 2021
Well. I like the New World system where it is easy to switch between the roles, but then you need to develop the skills and get good gear etc. I am a new player to MO but have played lots of other games. I tend to change my "role" ingame in different games. And i want to be able to shift quite easily.

So to be able to shift char is important for me. Lets see how they solve that.

On second account. I have had second accounts to some games. In Naval Action I had 5 accounts, that is the most I have had. If i continue to like the game i will probably get a second account. One that stays in the base and the second that explores. With different roles and such.I usually ran several accounts to do trading and that stuff. Ill probably trade a lot in MO2 too but I am fed up with having too many accounts in games. 1 more is maximum.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Well. I like the New World system where it is easy to switch between the roles, but then you need to develop the skills and get good gear etc. I am a new player to MO but have played lots of other games. I tend to change my "role" ingame in different games. And i want to be able to shift quite easily.

So to be able to shift char is important for me. Lets see how they solve that.

On second account. I have had second accounts to some games. In Naval Action I had 5 accounts, that is the most I have had. If i continue to like the game i will probably get a second account. One that stays in the base and the second that explores. With different roles and such.I usually ran several accounts to do trading and that stuff. Ill probably trade a lot in MO2 too but I am fed up with having too many accounts in games. 1 more is maximum.

Hey so just on the basis that you're new to the game, welcome by the way, a headsup is that it's almost with 99% certainty going to stay as 1 character per account. That said you should use the time now in the beta to try lots of different builds, skills and clades, to see what sticks for you. That way you'll be happier with your decision come launch and less likely to feel the restriction (while justified) of one character.

Gorf

May 8, 2021
I personally plan to have 1 account and 1 character only at release. Once my character will be finished I hope Henrik will realize till that time that someone who choose thursar footfighter will hardly make this character a mage tamer without reroll and allow 2nd characters. Saying we made characters wide so you can do almost anything with your 1 character is just sorry to say BS.
I personally love all aspect of the game magic, pets and meele, but sheevra build with decent magic pets and some meele is super weak in any meele (rightfully so), but you will hardly enjoy meele with this char.
I will for sure end up with two characters. One meele fighter probably hybrid and another tamer either with magic or archery.
I still hope they will allow 2 chars even paid on one account. Same name or family name and locked proffesions.
I dont care about crafting. 2nd char can be even without proffesions, I dont care. I just want to enjoy all aspects of the game and do not stick to one play style only or be forced to either reroll or spend huge amount of time loosing weight, changing age, skilling new skills jut to enjoy another play sty for a while. Not to mention that I havent seen any competent thursar mage build yet.
Beside of having possibility to experience other playstyles I do not see big advantage in having multiple accounts so this will never be a reason for me to have 2 accounts. But Im sure there are people who will have more characters with all proffesions, kept them logged off at certain spawns and farm them on CD and such. This is something I do not intendnto do and dont care if someone will does this as he is just taking away best element of this game player interaction and special feel of MO where anything you do can be nice adventure and fun instead of mindless farming the game.

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Guys they will sell you extra slots after SV has milked all they can out of the people who buy multiple accounts.