1 versus 2 Accounts...

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I think you guys are a little hung up on the p2w debate when the real issue here is that we want to play more builds.

They should just add an NPC in the game you can give gold to choose another race (yay gold sink). Or make it a cash shop item I don't care.

And nah everyone shouldn't "just make a human" if you think you'd want a different build. Being locked into one race forever sucks since its also your crafter. Exploring new builds and playstyles is fun. Its part of the RPG experience. Having to buy and sub another account to do that is garbage.

I agree two being the sweetspot. It literally won't make any negative impact on the game. If people are actually worried about that player rep, then display our Surnames and make those account bound.

But alas, most of us will do it...gg SV plan worked.

Reactions: Kokolo and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah just like molag said. We want to play more builds. There is so much content in this game that most players cant access based on the one account.
I got three now :(

I dont mind the money I spend for it. I can see people put off by the price for the per account ratio. People saying its p2w would probably not even put in the time required to get a benefit that two accounts could possibly provide.

I think the reason SV went with one account was to stop people from being fully sufficient and to force cooperation. I just want different combat playstles. Any new system could lack life skills for alternate accounts and I would be happy still.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
i feel i am alone with my oldsql RP view on this.
Multiple chars are immersion breaker for me, i wanna RP my alter ego in a virtual world...
and it would be cooler if i know everyone else does so as well and wont start exploiting and circumvent intended gamemechanics. limitations
roleplayers are annoying i know ^^

well i dont mind, but play the hardcore way with only one account :D
Everyone else can choose to be a little less hardcore :p *ironic*
I dont have time and money for 2 or more accounts and as i said to me it is far more interesting to play one alter ego and fully immerse and deal with the limitations etc. like intended.

there is no way to stop it, i get that and therefore it's everyone as he likes!

regarding competition it is an advantage to have multiple accounts, but it wont help be to become more competetive anyway XD

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
feel i am alone with my oldsql RP view on this.
Multiple chars are immersion breaker for me, i wanna RP my alter ego in a virtual world...
and it would be cooler if i know everyone else does so as well and wont start exploiting and circumvent intended gamemechanics. limitations
roleplayers are annoying i know ^^
Yes, this is a sort of tangent that does not apply generally.

Multiple characters break your immersion? Fine; they don't break mine.
SPOILER: It's irrelevant how long either of us has been roleplaying, but possibly I've played that way longer than you have. Almost always multiple characters in the same family, even characters shared with another 'author'. Different egos, motivations, points of view. Guess it depends on the range of immersion; it can be deep but in different wells.

"It would be cooler if I know everyone else does so as well" etc., you say. That begins to sound like 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE', after a while.

The intended game-mechanics are: one avatar per account. Note the period at the end of the sentence.

If you believe for a second that 'one man, acting alone' in one avatar or one character can't exploit-- don't. We may not discuss exploits here, so it will be left at that.

Roleplayers who would pretend to speak for all other roleplayers could be annoying to me-- and I am a roleplayer.

The issue of multiple characters per account or NOT is more of a business decision with effects on community management and morale. Star Vault needs one-per-account, the game will benefit most from it, and the community will also benefit. The other ways? (Up to four avatars per account? Free-to-play accounts?) They've been tried.

It is true that if you want to play a role with your character in MO2 that calls for not being able to do all the things you actually could do with it in this second version of the game, you'd have to just suck it up and say, in-character, (for instance) "I am not a mounted singing cook". And you're stuck with one race, etc., on a daily basis. Constraints sometimes produce great art, that's all we can say.

Last edited:

KevinDL

Mar 26, 2021
I'm a big fan of sandbox games. I really like a lot of what MO2 is doing. I, on the other hand, cannot support the one character per account concept because it severely limits a player's options unless they are willing to pay for multiple accounts. This debate took place months ago during the last round of mass testing, and the arguments for and against are all the same... and frankly, those in favor of only having one character are a little silly.

People will simply purchase multiple accounts, but only those who can afford to do so will do so. There were numerous suggestions last time as to how they could allow multiple characters without causing the issues that occurred in MO1. Examples include...
  1. Reputations are shared among all characters on an account
  2. Accounts join a guild, not just single characters
  3. Where you log off on one character is where any character you have on your account will log in
  4. Limit crafting on an account to a single character

-------------

There is such a thing as overemphasizing the hardcore aspects. This single character per account concept will turn off a lot of people because they won't be able to try out different builds without making a significant sacrifice.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
It's irrelevant how long either of us has been roleplaying, but possibly I've played that way longer than you have. Almost always multiple characters in the same family, even characters shared with another 'author'. Different egos, motivations, points of view. Guess it depends on the range of immersion; it can be deep but in different wells.

Oh if that is you on the Avatar, then i boubt that, because i start RP'ing in 1985 :D
But nevertheless this is not relevant and i see your argument of RP'ing a whole clan, family or whatever.
All fine, i was allways only one per world.

Roleplayers who would pretend to speak for all other roleplayers could be annoying to me-- and I am a roleplayer.
I hate nothing more than RP Police who tells you what is what etc...
So no grduges, play as you like. I just shared my opinion on this and wanted to get a picture of the community about it. [/quote]

It is true that if you want to play a role with your character in MO2 that calls for not being able to do all the things you actually could do with it in this second version of the game, you'd have to just suck it up and say, in-character, (for instance) "I am not a mounted singing cook". And you're stuck with one race, etc., on a daily basis. Constraints sometimes produce great art, that's all we can say.

Well there is pro and cons about that for me.
Well isnt it the 2+ Account people who exactly circumvent the constraint that "produce great art" ?

everyone can play like he want to, and nobody will ever be able to restrict this, but the facts are, people with more than 1 Account circumvent intended limitations and are able to do more than someone with just one character, they can RP more, they can maybe craft more, can help their clans with more than 1200 attribute points, have more bank storage, can switch characters to move quick and cross half the map by just logging and switch account.
Yes it wont transport stuff etc., but the benefits are obvious and it costs money.

again, everyone to their own, but if it becomes a meta and everyone else suffering competetive wise in some case, because this game is also about having stock, having storage, crafting and a player driven economy, then it maybe will make me not playing, because i just cannot contribute that much.

That is also fine, if it is that way. I dont want to tell others what and how. I will try it and i will see if it is for me or not in the long run.