Patch Notes 0.0.0.97 Discussion

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
However in my opinion it still sucks enough as AI, for various reasons.
1) Often they try to climb mountains reaching a slope that they cannot overcome and start turning in circles, and it seems absurd to me, to solve such a thing a well-set NavMesh is probably enough
2) The escape is currently a "look for a random point X away in the opposite direction of the arrow", but this point X is too close, with the result that every 10 steps the spring stops and runs in a potential opposite direction, and this I think is an attempt to avoid point number 1, the closer the point is, the higher the probability that the point in question is reachable.
3) It happened to me several times to get on him, even in front of them and they remained still for 5 seconds, also here, is in a good use of the sensors, but I think they do it to save tick operations on the server maybe

I hope for improvements in future patches
sv need to hire employees from rockstar games who did AI and animations for rdo2 :))

Marrech

Nov 18, 2020
sv need to hire employees from rockstar games who did AI and animations for rdo2 :))
Don't need rockstar games developers, at SV have the right experience, it is just a matter of using all the resources made available by new technologies

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Don't need rockstar games developers, at SV have the right experience, it is just a matter of using all the resources made available by new technologies
I think the riding animation, hunting mechanics, and animal animations and their AI in RDO2 should become a benchmark in the gaming industry to be measured against. They conveyed almost perfectly the behavior of animals in the game. no one argues that SV has experience

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I try just some minutes but kill or hit a springbok is almost impossible ? also I don't know if just my impression or not but naked I can reach the sprinbok a little closer than with an armor.