Former veteran of Mortal Online

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Is it worth coming to MO2?

It's been years since I played MO, but I've seen former guild mates back to playing this.

How much of this new MO2 has been improved on in likeness to the first?

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Combat is slower and much easier to block/parry. Because its so much easier to block everyone spins to hide their animation. Weapon balance is still very similar.

Game looks much better but runs about the same and a lot of things are still missing from MO1.

If you are thinking of trying it, do it now while there is no sub and make your own mind up.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Combat is slower and much easier to block/parry. Because its so much easier to block everyone spins to hide their animation. Weapon balance is still very similar.

Game looks much better but runs about the same and a lot of things are still missing from MO1.

If you are thinking of trying it, do it now while there is no sub and make your own mind up.

I see...that sounds pretty damn disappointing.
Ahhh well.

I do think I'll try it while there's no sub though!
Take a walk down memory lane in improved graphics. Hah

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Ahhh well.

Still worth playing with no sub right now. When sub came out population gonna have a hard drop so... enjoy it for the time it last.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Ahhh well.

If you had good ping before (EU) its mich worse, if you had bad ping (everywhere else) then its better. They basically slowed it down, and increased the blocking cone so ping isn't as much of an issue. But that makes combat slow and predictable. Everyone is a parry whore.

Biggest change is the flagging system. Have fun.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
like way worst, quite a shame because mo1 combat was awesome. The funny part is SV dont understand why we say that.

Ehhh.
Are the PVE aspects still alike?
Hopefully there's some improvement there.

Although I enjoyed PVP most...

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
If you had good ping before (EU) its mich worse, if you had bad ping (everywhere else) then its better. They basically slowed it down, and increased the blocking cone so ping isn't as much of an issue. But that makes combat slow and predictable. Everyone is a parry whore.

Biggest change is the flagging system. Have fun.

Ooh. I'll look into more info for the game then.
I think I'll give it a go.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Ehhh.
Are the PVE aspects still alike?
Hopefully there's some improvement there.

Although I enjoyed PVP most...

The AI is much better. Most npc now actually block and feint and call for help…the elite ones are actually a challenge. and not nearly as many of them are bugged or shooting you from inside walls. Thats actually quite rare now.

So yea definitely improved some aspects of pve.

However, pathing is still pretty shit and most animal mobs are just as dumb as before. Also the world is much bigger and pve is very sparse.

Reactions: Pandaleesha

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Ooh. I'll look into more info for the game then.
I think I'll give it a go.

for me it’s super worth it
Just find a cool guild that fits your playstyle.
they bring new content every 2 weeks right now.
pvp is super fun if you are willing to learn animation hiding. But in large fights it’s not that important.
mages feel a bit clunky but necromancy end of the month will change a lot.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
The AI is much better. Most npc now actually block and feint and call for help…the elite ones are actually a challenge. and not nearly as many of them are bugged or shooting you from inside walls. Thats actually quite rare now.

So yea definitely improved some aspects of pve.

However, pathing is still pretty shit and most animal mobs are just as dumb as before. Also the world is much bigger and pve is very sparse.

Ahhh! That's pretty cool.
Really thought they would have fixed the pathing for animals though.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
for me it’s super worth it
Just find a cool guild that fits your playstyle.
they bring new content every 2 weeks right now.
pvp is super fun if you are willing to learn animation hiding. But in large fights it’s not that important.
mages feel a bit clunky but necromancy end of the month will change a lot.

I used to be a mage in MO1, that was always pretty clunky.

Wanted to try it again doing more combat but we'll see now. I'll watch some gameplay and find out.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
like way worst, quite a shame because mo1 combat was awesome. The funny part is SV dont understand why we say that.

Mo1 combat was terrible. Terrible hitbox, wasnt even accurate..just swing the general direction for connect. Ghost hits, MC just shitting on everything.... was rubbish lol

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
idk how late mo1 combat was like but early mo1 was a decent pace (not too slow or fast) and felt like mindgames actually worked. now its pretty much a numbers game with pets/ranged attacks decimating everything. I would pay to actually play old mo1 again.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk for me it's been like most games I play where it's fun at first because you're learning and you're progressing but after you learn all you can learn and max out all your skills there aren't a lot of activities to do in the game purely for fun

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Late MO1 combat was literal dumsptertrash dogshit, even worse than the zerg friendlyness, pets, mages etc. in this game. You had DK's with 9999 HP doing 40s with ranged attacks and MC hitting for 70s etc etc etc. It is hard to say if we are moving in the right or wrong direction. SV are letting DKs have a comeback so i think when DKs show up it will give everyone a very good tell if SV really learned anything or not. Pets are still the most braindead shit ever, magic is a smallscale killer and cheese like MO1, mounted is actually way more balanced in this game than MO1 so thats an improvement.

Melee combat is overall more skillbased already than MO1 combat was but it's subjective if it's more fun or not. I believe it's miles better and more fun and think that people who cry about it just refuse to adapt because their "playstyle" in MO1 consisted of running around like a retard doing figure 8ths and spamming their weapon hoping to hit the target. Seeing as the whole melee combat in this game is based around the block system, you can see how people who didn't have their right button bound in the first game would dislike this, I on the other hand adapted away from a pure aggressive playstyle in the first game, to a defensive one in this, but that's not to say that aggressive play doesn't work. It is absolutely miles more ping dependent than the first game was though ironically (since SV keep pushing their "ping normalization" shit) which is a downside. The combat has slowly been getting better mostly, since the start of the game so the future is looking good for it in that regard and more complexity will probably be getting added.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's prol worth if you aren't morally offended by any of the mechanics. Like I said I am a pseudo purist. I do some crazy swings but that's just some stuff I've been doing. You'll get Ws if you just guard up. If you can guard and pressure people you will eventually win unless they are really good and most of dudes aren't. lol IMO.

But yea I couldn't do the whole run around spam thing in MO1 because of lag. As I said before in another thread (why not spam more of the same shit!!), the block system is sad. I def think that having a wrinkle of defense is GOOD and that clutch blocks could be the difference, but there are a lot of things that it'd miss, like the ability to tank hits for low dmg, like if someone does a feint and ends up in a direction I'm not parrying, If you kinda move into them the right way you can really take a lot of the muster out of their swing if it's on the move. That change is HUGE. I mean handle hit think in MO was big, but the arcs are way nicer than in MO1, at least when I played. I mean you can legit tank people for 2-8s if you kite right. They will (probably) figure it out, but in the same way a few clutch blocks can get you a W, in a functioning pvp game there would be multiple play styles.

Cerq it's not that it's whining. It's just really unfortunate to have to play one way to win. That's something I really dislike, and as I said, it was lagging too much in MO1, so I would get some moments where I'd get some tiny team fight action, but in 1v1s I'd just be seeing people move around. The hits aren't as lagged as before, so you can actually hit people w/ crazy swings and play aggressive. I just wish both were equally as powerful and I think SV owes it to themselves to fix it, but how, dunno! I mean there are many ways, it just depends on the player. But yea I feel like MO1 was a diff kind of skill set. This is very technical. I feel like MO1 was more about picking your targets and such.

Again IMO, you don't want the average skill needed to get a hit to be too high. lol The combat isn't bad... that's not the word for it. But I don't think it's the direction of 'skill based' you should be going in a MMO. All of the tools are there to make the game right though. Just need small changes. It's def got TOOLS to be better than MO1.

But yea I mean I can parry people (usually... I don't lol) way more than MO1, really get some good clutch parries ( I remember realizing the MO1 parry window was way bigger than I thought, too; I learned how to parry basically on contact.) I haven't experienced the swing I can't react to. Even w/ flake and the buff, but i've def had some swings coming so fast it was overwhelming, but it wasn't too laggy to make a play. I just didn't get it. So who knows, you MAY like it. If you like a really technical poke fest, yeah it's pretty advanced. I don't like it tho. I don't think it's the style that fits an open world pvp game. Just my 2c! Trust me I was trash at MO1 so it's not like I was good at it and suck now lol. I was just happy to see the combat system working as I thought it was intended but with a few buffs... then it just seems like parry overwhelmed everything.

The whole it takes x seconds to charge a swing and x seconds to put up a parry + you can pull a parry out of a charged swing almost instantly. So that means y'know 1000% skill ceiling, basically unlimited, but it's all gonna be in that small (imo again!) sphere. Would like to keep some of that and expand it laterally.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I would say the game is a lot more fun (speaking for myself) than MO1, some things have changed to some degree while others have remained more or less the same. Crafting, for example, is a bit more streamlined, such as handle's outer grip can no longer use wood, and may only use soft materials.

My only complaints so far are that holding torches in the offhand is still not implemented, the UI isn't as fleshed out as EVE Online's (which is probably the best I've ever seen in an mmo), and the server location. For the latter, I used ExitLag which completely solved the lag issues for me.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game. 🙂

Reactions: Najwalaylah