Fish encyclopedia

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
You will need all the piscis lore with fish meat lore on animal materials.
Also scales lore on the materials for the gutta(crustaceos carapace) and not sure about sandray/silkray.
Boarfish i believe its only butcher stuff

Reactions: Chaines

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Hello fellow fishermen, I caught some new fishs (for me) today and was wondering if I could miss some mats du to lack of lore while butchering those:
Sand ray, Trudis, Boarfish, Giant Gutta
I would greatly appreciate any help !
For those fish specifically you only need the animal lores (pisces) and crustacea for the crabs. Then you need Placoid scale lore and Crustacean carapace lore. Only a few fish will give scales but all the materials are following: Leptoid, Placoid, Ganoid, Pansar, Crustacean carapace. You will need the ganoid lore unlocked before you can get it from butchering

Reactions: Chaines

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Gatekeeping secrets like this about pve skills is one of the reasons so many people left MO1, this will just be a case of history repeating its self due to a secretive style of elitist gameplay. Its just sad.
The problem is you think there some mystical power you get from being able to catch all the fish in the game. From what I have gathered about 3-4 fish are useful between alchemy and eating. Now if the fish don't have any value then what's the value in keeping it secret? Many others and have spent a long time to figure out what is what and have shared absolute loads of info on this thread. Why I keep some things to myself because I have spent 300h fishing. I'll help you but I won't hold your dick so you can piss.

Caroen

Mar 14, 2022
Yeah not wanting to spoon-feed your hundreds of hours of research to strangers on the internet is being an elitist, how entitled are you to think the other guys are in the wrong on this scenario... it amuses me.

EDIT: Also, its funny that for me this is the most interactive and rewarding fishing system i ever saw on a videogame, yes the system is currently nerfed to the ground on meat vendor value, but its up to you and other players to find the true value on the rest of the fishes, for example im selling Calxfish to other players at 60g per 1k, so if you know how to target a specific fishes you can have a lot of value there if there is demand for them.

This is precisely of what iam talking about. I dont want to know all the secrets. I do like to explore and figure shit out by myself and i do. With all that i said it is still just soul crushingly bad.

It is funny how all of the elitist assholes in every damn thing in this world immediately thinks that everyone needs to know all the secrets in one seccond. This is not about that at all.

It is just bad the way fishing is now. Reeling small fishes takes way too long.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Too bad Trudis meat is really in the shit. I get they had to tank meat price but the prices rn is just unreal.

You can go pick flowers and get more money and that doesnt cost 100 primary.
Why just not put fishing behind the 100 skill point..i dont mean like only be able to get x fish with higher skill but increase yielding of fish for ppl that have 100.

i think i was catching the same fishs with 50 fishing and with 50. Same as the size.

either put it like that or make it a secondary

Reactions: Favonius Cornelius

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Too bad Trudis meat is really in the shit. I get they had to tank meat price but the prices rn is just unreal.

You can go pick flowers and get more money and that doesnt cost 100 primary.
Why just not put fishing behind the 100 skill point..i dont mean like only be able to get x fish with higher skill but increase yielding of fish for ppl that have 100.

i think i was catching the same fishs with 50 fishing and with 50. Same as the size.

either put it like that or make it a secondary
Skill increases bite rate and reel in time. Yeah trudis is worth the least out of all fish (1.5g) I think after a stack is butchered. I don't care about there price It just sucks always getting those fish and then out of 20 catches you get the 1 decent fish. That's were it gets out of hand. I knew what worked for a lot of fish before launch and now I don't know anything. At least that's how it feels

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Skill increases bite rate and reel in time. Yeah trudis is worth the least out of all fish (1.5g) I think after a stack is butchered. I don't care about there price It just sucks always getting those fish and then out of 20 catches you get the 1 decent fish. That's were it gets out of hand. I knew what worked for a lot of fish before launch and now I don't know anything. At least that's how it feels
I dont feel its right the meat value.
Its locked behind an exclusive 100 primary because everyone needs to have mammalia do be able to ride a horse.
I know you have safety fishing and town other than going out and hunt for mobs , but i take 5m to fill an horse with animal carcass and get 5,6g.
To do that as fishing i dont even know if 2h is enough. Probably not. Not counting the rarer fishes ofc but the way it is right know its how you said..

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
sigh i gotta get my hands on that and so many other fish.

How do the rest of you stave off suicidal thoughts while trying to figure out where different fish are?
It's all in the fun of it man. Listen to music, do some work, chat with your friends! That's the beauty of fishing in MO2.

Reactions: Balvrikk

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
It's all in the fun of it man. Listen to music, do some work, chat with your friends! That's the beauty of fishing in MO2.
Look thats how i normally approach fishing in most games, however this one requires so much maintenance. If you want to test a new bait you have to spend literal hours upon hours casting on the off chance that one of these stupid fish is a low bite rate. For each depth, hook size, location, time, and bait type.

This entire system worked fine when formula a produced fish b, but with the introduction of trash fish taking up a majority of bites, TAKING TWO MINUTES TO REEL IN A CANNA, it's completely lost it's charm in my eyes. The only reason I continue to force myself to fish is because my guild needs the materials.

It's not fun, it's sleep-inducing, and frankly an insult to all fishing players that they made that change.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Most people who fish do it for the sport of it, or to get a particular fish
Look thats how i normally approach fishing in most games, however this one requires so much maintenance. If you want to test a new bait you have to spend literal hours upon hours casting on the off chance that one of these stupid fish is a low bite rate. For each depth, hook size, location, time, and bait type.

This entire system worked fine when formula a produced fish b, but with the introduction of trash fish taking up a majority of bites, TAKING TWO MINUTES TO REEL IN A CANNA, it's completely lost it's charm in my eyes. The only reason I continue to force myself to fish is because my guild needs the materials.

It's not fun, it's sleep-inducing, and frankly an insult to all fishing players that they made that change.

I could not agree more. The fishing system is cool when you first look at it, and I really appreciate the work that has gone into it, but when you try to fish for effect, it turns into an arduous affair. From the moment you cast to the last turn of the spool, you have to be pretty focused. When you chop wood for lumber, all you have to do is let the game take over. Same for mining. Butchery is linked to fun because you get to hunt. Fishing? Fishing is rough and unrewarding, and all its principle locations for supplies or best fishing are artificially difficult to reach.