Zerg guilds killed Mortal Online 1. Will MO2 be different?

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
Zergs killed pvp in New World - in other words it was the PVP brigade that STOPPED open world pvp in New World as we saw in the alpha. I think the evidence speaks for itself.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
the game killed itself, we had so many issues in the game that made people not play it after trying it for 30mins and made vets rage quit, some of those issues we cant even discuss here... you know what im talking about.

zergs and alliances was just the game in fact those things made the game more interesting
Zergs themselves arent the issue, its normal for these types of games to have zergs. The problem is when there arent any mechanics to fight outnumbered, no matter your skill level. When there isnt anything else to do than "make more friendz lul" thats when the game becomes boring and not worth playing.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Zergs themselves arent the issue, its normal for these types of games to have zergs. The problem is when there arent any mechanics to fight outnumbered, no matter your skill level. When there isnt anything else to do than "make more friendz lul" thats when the game becomes boring and not worth playing.
Skill and gear will allow people to fight slightly outnumbered. But there shouldn't be any case where a small group should be able to beat a significantly large group.

Reactions: ROTLUST

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
MO2 will be a true copy/paste of MO with better graphics. We learn from mistakes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Skill will not matter just like later MO turned out. "We need to broaden our intended audience so skill is not important" They been saying this since very early Alpha testing.
Sadly another loss for our niche :cry:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Skill and gear will allow people to fight slightly outnumbered. But there shouldn't be any case where a small group should be able to beat a significantly large group.
Guys like this is the reason for MOs and MO2s fall ever since MO CBT. Sad that SV aint learning...
Im sure they will continue to have fun in the dead empty MO2 as they did in the dead MO the last half of its lifespan.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
All I know is if I hit anyone anywhere at least double my numbers in MA and fatmages show up. I havent got 1 actual anywhere near fair fight in weeks. So I expect any normal players to drop off within 1-2 months of launch and all that remains will be zerg guilds. but sadly thats expected. Thats just how open pvp games work.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Would make absolutely no sense if 5 people could take on 100 people of similar gear and weren't afk.
Well yeah, I'm not saying you should 1v1000 either. But 5v20? 3v10? 1v5? Should be doable

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
5v20? Yeah no.
3v10? Still no
1v5? Maybe if you're in the Tindrem graveyard, otherwise, no.
In the real version of MO untainted by fragile humans egos I saw legends 1v10 server average soldiers in near equal gear, the one having better in every instance but only slightly.
I have participated in slaughters of 6v24 in open terrain with no losses vs server powerhouses.

When skill matters above all other aspects everything changes, when solo players, small and medium guilds and groups can damage large zergs with low quality soldiers everything gets real. Activity blooms due to everyone having the ability to do things beyond sitting semi afk waiting for numbers to do things.

When training alone can mean you being able to dismantle large roaming bands through tactics, strategy, group coordination and teamwork it breeds activity. You also get rid of most toxicity since most toxic people wont put in hours of training in order to back up their words.
Back in the good old days we dealt with toxic players the right way since they had no way of cheesing the game, since MO went soft, they are everywhere because all they need is parry and a bear.

Just imagine a wold champion MMA fighter only managing to beat 5 completely untrained adolescents. He would be the worlds laughing stock afterwards.
But hey I just want games to be more fun then RL not more limiting. Silly me looking for entertainment in a game...

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
In the real version of MO untainted by fragile humans egos I saw legends 1v10 server average soldiers in near equal gear, the one having better in every instance but only slightly.
I have participated in slaughters of 6v24 in open terrain with no losses vs server powerhouses.

When skill matters above all other aspects everything changes, when solo players, small and medium guilds and groups can damage large zergs with low quality soldiers everything gets real. Activity blooms due to everyone having the ability to do things beyond sitting semi afk waiting for numbers to do things.

When training alone can mean you being able to dismantle large roaming bands through tactics, strategy, group coordination and teamwork it breeds activity. You also get rid of most toxicity since most toxic people wont put in hours of training in order to back up their words.
Back in the good old days we dealt with toxic players the right way since they had no way of cheesing the game, since MO went soft, they are everywhere because all they need is parry and a bear.

Just imagine a wold champion MMA fighter only managing to beat 5 completely untrained adolescents. He would be the worlds laughing stock afterwards.
But hey I just want games to be more fun then RL not more limiting. Silly me looking for entertainment in a game...

I think you are overexaggerating MO1. Generally situations like that came down to one side cheesing a mechanic to gain advantage or all running meta builds against a team of non meta.

We did a 6 vs 14-16 2 days ago against some decent players. Mostly because we had a good comp, good builds and they did not. It can still be done but it requires very niche circumstances.

Reactions: ROTLUST and Chef

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I think you are overexaggerating MO1. Generally situations like that came down to one side cheesing a mechanic to gain advantage or all running meta builds against a team of non meta.

We did a 6 vs 14-16 2 days ago against some decent players. Mostly because we had a good comp, good builds and they did not. It can still be done but it requires very niche circumstances.
Only cheese we got back then was the slightly better FOTM(Flavour of the month) weapon. But and a big but at that, the difference between things was minimal.
Most used the fabled pokey stick, a dagger on a spear handle that counted as spear. Hit for 5 compared to GB at 25 but was crazy fast due to having dagger head.

Thing was movement was king, you could dodge, you could even run away from swings to "dodge" without doubble tapping. It took less time to kill eachother, that is if you managed to hit someone with the tiny arcs we had. We didnt have parry, and it was hard af to manage a perfect block that simply negated all damage with no further advantages.
Most without shield didnt block at all due to the tiny blocking arcs, sweet spots was aswell tiny and bad hits did little dmg.
Stamina was spent fast but regained quickly unless you spent all.
You could kill 2-3 players in 1 stam bar and would regain it in around 5-10 sec.
In combat healing was almost non existant compared to now.

Basically game was harder, more and harsher penalties as in stam out and die in seconds. Lower reaction times made trained individuals a great deal above untrained peasants.
Material differences was lower making near everything useful.
a naked could flawless a tungsteel warrior since you could perfect block as naked and receive 0 dmg and wouldnt get hit by massive but slightly more than if you where in armor. That last part is only good it changed.
But yea I seen nakeds with noob weapons slay several steel armored warriors after rezzing (back then at full health with no reserve system or food system to drain you from rezzing).

And this is simply the top of the iceberg. Much has changed my good Kuthara, and little for the better sadly. This is the second coming, I seen exactly the same before although the start of MO skill was way more important then the start of MO2. MO was before its time though and had many technical limitations they cant use as excuse this time.
This time its all about broadening the intended audience and not finding bad ways to get around tech limitations.

You know I wish I was overexaggerating. I know how wacky it sounds when we all remember where MO went and where it was when you joined, at that point it was already too late. The AQ era waws the last time of the good state of the game even though MO had declined for well over a year by then. Release was a let down compared to beta when they actually had the balls to develop their game to what they promised. Then they lost 23 of the 25 devs and the game totally went to shit.
Theres a reason why guilds like AQ suddenly after 2 years got way better you know, it was through magic patches :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
5v20? Yeah no.
3v10? Still no
1v5? Maybe if you're in the Tindrem graveyard, otherwise, no.
Why tho? Would it be too embarrasing for you and your 19 friends to lose to a 5 man group? Would you rage quit the game and never come back?

• Love
Reactions: ThaBadMan

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Why tho? Would it be too embarrasing for you and your 19 friends to lose to a 5 man group? Would you rage quit the game and never come back?
No, because the only way that would happen is if my "19 friends" were understatted, undergeared footfighting oghmirs against 5 MAs out in the open.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
No, because the only way that would happen is if my "19 friends" were understatted, undergeared footfighting oghmirs against 5 MAs out in the open.
In this game, because it has so many zerg friendly mechanics. It was actually possible in early MO1

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
In this game, because it has so many zerg friendly mechanics. It was actually possible in early MO1
You mean when the game was so underdeveloped it was possible wipe an entire mounted squad by baiting them into touching a small body of water?

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
You mean when the game was so underdeveloped it was possible wipe an entire mounted squad by baiting them into touching a small body of water?
Yeah there were bugs, but it was faster paced with a lower TTK which allowed you to fight zergs more easily.

Its not really a concept that applies only to MO. In Darkfall it was possible as well.