Haven in MO2

How to prevent farming in Haven?

• You can not take any items from Haven to Myrland.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • SV will assign all items a fictional value and you can only take a small amount of that value.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • You can only take CRAFTED items and coins of X value.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • No restriction, let the pay to win begin.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Only raw materials.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Severely restrict skills available on Haven, so that farming there is a pain. (might be ineffective)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • No trading allowed on Haven.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • None of the above, other, please post.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Restrict spawn ons Haven to the first created character on any account

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Severely restrict farming rate on Haven

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
I think the plan is to set a time limit if it's not long enough to skill up fully and then get resources there won't be an issue.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Look, farming in Haven has for the most part been fixed with horse bags patch. Anything you can farm in Haven is now done 10x faster in real world. The only thing you can do is farm zombies for Clade exp & zombie/bandit heads for gold. The Haven bank being worldwide may be broken, but realistically it's not, and gives new players a little bit of a cushion.

Haven needs to remain the place to max out a character, no matter what. We can't have new players being farmed just for griefs sake like in MO 1. If this means you can't transfer items out, then so be it. I would personally change it so that your Haven bank overwrites the bank of the town that you first travel to if we really thought there was an issue with Haven bank.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Pet bags change nothing for gold farming. Haven farming is literally better than anything on Myrland. SV would have to add something stupendously lucrative to Myrland to offset the difference. And once they do that those spawns would be overrun by players killing each other, putting Haven in the lead again.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Only thing i would say is remove bandits from haven, too ez to make money on them savely and undeads provide everything a new player needs

Reactions: Valoran

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Pet bags change nothing for gold farming. Haven farming is literally better than anything on Myrland. SV would have to add something stupendously lucrative to Myrland to offset the difference. And once they do that those spawns would be overrun by players killing each other, putting Haven in the lead again.

I'd agree with the general sentiment. Haven is once again, WAY too large, and has way too much stuff.

Bandits, razorbacks, bears, three different types of wood, none of these things belong in Haven.

Make a town with a walker spawn , tutor NPCs, no bank, firmwood (because it's such a "meh" middle of the road wood for damn near everything), granum, dogs and donkeys. Make it so you can catch minnows or some crap when fishing makes it in. Heck even make the walker heads sell for 50% what they do on the mainland. They should be there to learn the basic systems and move on. Not farm up a weeks worth of gold and resources.

However, I also disagree with the idea that Haven is the best way to make gold. Even just straight gold farming, bandit spawns yield gold faster if there are veteran bandits in them. And there is a lot more opportunity to make gold in player-to-player trades on the mainland if you go after the more rare/valuable things you can't even find in Haven.

What Haven IS good for right now is farming up certain resources that aren't easily available in towns you intend to visit and then withdrawing them in those towns with zero transportation time and risk. And that's why I say banks need to disappear from Haven. With no mounts, and no banks, it becomes very difficult to abuse Haven to any degree with a major impact on the overall game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
We can disagree on the efficiency of gold farming. I´m fairly certain that I could outfarm anyone on the main continent on Haven with the current content.
Trading of course can be more profitable, but it´s unstable, prone to be loss (scams, ganks) and requires game knowledge. Farming on Haven requires none of that.

I think your ideas for Haven would be best since Haven as a concept seems set. I highly doubt any such will happen though since SV has INCREASED all resources, utilities and options on Haven with every patch. There is no reason to believe that they are going to change course which ultimately will have an overall negative impact on the game. (as lined out in my other thread on the subject)

It is what it is.

Reactions: Xunila

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
And that's the sad part. I'd consider myself one of the more pro-Haven members of the community but even I don't agree with what they are doing with it. I just want it to be a place of learning where newbs don't get ganked 20 times before learning the basic controls and mechanics. Overall this community (including me) is rabidly against the idea of Haven as a place to gain a significant economic jumpstart. But that's what they are making it. It largely tells me our feedback on this subject is irrelevant to them.

Reactions: Xunila and Eldrath

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It largely tells me our feedback on this subject is irrelevant to them.

Just looking at their activity on the forums shows me they have little interest in forum feedback at this time.

Nearly half way through and neither Seb or Henrik have even visited the forums yet this month.