No thief in mortal ii

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
One thing I will say for sure. Whether or not thieving even makes it into the game. With 0 skill in thief trees everyone should have a 100% chance to successfully pickpocket anyone in mercy mode.

Point being when I am out in the world and I kill someone, and they kind of seem like a newb to me, if I kind of want to spare them I should have zero cause to question that based on "but what if they weren't really a newb and had something good"? I'm not going to put pilfering in my build because it doesn't do ME enough good to justify it. I'll just take more killshots than I otherwise would have.

Don't give us reasons to kill every newb we see if we don't really want to. Enough people will do that already because that's who they are. If they're in mercy mode we beat them. Let us loot.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
One thing I will say for sure. Whether or not thieving even makes it into the game. With 0 skill in thief trees everyone should have a 100% chance to successfully pickpocket anyone in mercy mode.

Point being when I am out in the world and I kill someone, and they kind of seem like a newb to me, if I kind of want to spare them I should have zero cause to question that based on "but what if they weren't really a newb and had something good"? I'm not going to put pilfering in my build because it doesn't do ME enough good to justify it. I'll just take more killshots than I otherwise would have.

Don't give us reasons to kill every newb we see if we don't really want to. Enough people will do that already because that's who they are. If they're in mercy mode we beat them. Let us loot.

There are still a few moral questions SV hasn’t removed, hopefully they remain.

At least you’re aware that you murder even the most defenseless for profit.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Non-realistic mechanics like not being able to pilfer freely through the pockets of a helpless person shouldn't be left in the game for the sake of "moral choices." Especially when half the people in the game are going to kill anyone they can because they can. Choosing not to do something most other people do because you can is enough of a moral choice already.

Last edited:

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
Thievery is not wanted or needed? There's lots of long time players from MO1 who won't even play MO2 until it's added lol.... It's one of the core and only playstyles in the game for some people..... It also one of the things that makes the game unique, only other games you can steal from players is what UO and Shadowbane? Why are there so many people on these forums who want to change the core aspects of this game, it's really pathetic and sad. If you don't like how the game works, it's not for you......get over it. There's so many ways to counter thieves and make sure nothing of value ever gets stolen from you, some people are just too unintelligent or bad at the game to figure that out though i guess.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree with Aerson. I liked the fact that you could steal. Never did it myself very successfully but it added charm to the game. Made it unique. Also it’s very easy to not get stollen from if you know what you are doing.being able to look in peoples pockets is kind of cool. I hope they do implement it just like it was but wouldn’t say it’s priority right now.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Non-realistic mechanics like not being able to pilfer freely through the pockets of a helpless person shouldn't be left in the game for the sake of "moral choices." Especially when half the people in the game are going to kill anyone they can because they can. Choosing not to do something most other people do because you can is enough of a moral choice already.
You are able to pilfer and steal. If you invest.

You are able to fulfill your lust and greed through murder, if you are willing to pay.

The cost is your soul, reputation damage, and murder counts.

You want your disgusting avarice enabled without the burden and consequence and without investment.

This is the path of the heathen.

A heartless, soulless spreadsheet shrouding the corruption that weighs a mortal’s life by the contents of his pockets.

Repent!

Reactions: Valoran

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If I can find something on someone's lifeless body then I should be able to find it while they sit there helpless in front of me as well. Why should I need to invest extra skills for that? Are you for this game being somewhat believable and immersive or not? What about knocking people unconscious and taking their stuff demands more skill than killing them and doing the same?

fb81081ee73b313fdf88bae6d19f0157.png

Your desires go against the core design philosophy of this game. If you want to talk about if I should get a murder count to loot a helpless person then fine. I don't really care. I'll likely be perma-red after the first week anyway. But I shouldn't need additional skills to loot someone sitting there completely at my mercy. Realistic choices shouldn't be taken out of the realm of player agency by braindead/nonsensical mechanics.

Making me gimp a combat build because it's somehow taxing on my skillset to loot helpless people is indeed a braindead and nonsensical thing to suggest. It may be how MO1 worked but it's still as dumb as the fact Khurites are trash tier mounted archers. The choice to just knock someone out and take their stuff because I feel like it rather than killing them is indeed realistic when mercy mode is already automatically a thing for physical combat.

Last edited:

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
If I can find something on someone's lifeless body then I should be able to find it while they sit there helpless in front of me as well. Why should I need to invest extra skills for that? Are you for this game being somewhat believable and immersive or not? What about knocking people unconscious and taking their stuff demands more skill than killing them and doing the same?

fb81081ee73b313fdf88bae6d19f0157.png

Your desires go against the core design philosophy of this game. If you want to talk about if I should get a murder count to loot a helpless person then fine. I don't really care. I'll likely be perma-red after the first week anyway. But I shouldn't need additional skills to loot someone sitting there completely at my mercy. Realistic choices shouldn't be taken out of the realm of player agency by braindead/nonsensical mechanics.

Making me gimp a combat build because it's somehow taxing on my skillset to loot helpless people is indeed a braindead and nonsensical thing to suggest. It may be how MO1 worked but it's still as dumb as the fact Khurites are trash tier mounted archers. The choice to just knock someone out and take their stuff because I feel like it rather than killing them is indeed realistic when mercy mode is already automatically a thing for physical combat.

My desire is for you is to repent and stop your murderous and thieving ways.

As for ways to check your bounty before you steal from helpless victims, there are options including a clade gift for humans, /drop loot commands, unlocking pilfering but investing no points, which will work at very low success rates, and trade.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Reasons were never needed. I suspect you want this mechanic in order to avoid some kind of consequence for killing?

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Already stated previously in the topic I'm fine with racking up a murder count to loot someone if that is the hang-up. Nope. I legitimately just am not going to kill and loot some naked I get to mercy mode if I open their inventory and find malus fruit and rye. Even if I already had a murder count at that point. It's pointless to me.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Already stated previously in the topic I'm fine with racking up a murder count to loot someone if that is the hang-up. Nope. I legitimately just am not going to kill and loot some naked I get to mercy mode if I open their inventory and find malus fruit and rye. Even if I already had a murder count at that point. It's pointless to me.
To more fully understand the depravity, do you have a standard amount of loot that justifies murdering someone in cold blood?
10g?
50g?
Does it depend on market conditions, mood?

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To more fully understand the depravity, do you have a standard amount of loot that justifies murdering someone in cold blood?
10g?
50g?
Does it depend on market conditions, mood?

If I recognize them as an older player we aren't allied/have no NAP with, or they're carrying enough stuff I know they didn't start yesterday I will likely kill them and take it. If they're clearly some runt who doesn't know combat they'll have the option of coming with us and learning to fight, or getting out of my sight as fast as their legs can carry them.

Killing them is as pointless as gutting and cooking a fry. I'd rather let them fatten into a meal before I consume them so I will toss them back into the water until we meet again.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Killing them is as pointless as gutting and cooking a fry.
Sir, I have cooked fries and I have even eaten some but never did I find it necessary to gut one. (I hope against hope that you meant "fly" or that you were referring to very small fish.) However that may be I understand the impulse to let some potential prey of small abilities 'go', giving them 30 seconds to get beyond the horizon and out of my sight-- I did that in Shadowbane, long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valoran