The Game isn't Ready [Poll]

Should they delay persistence (Full release)?

• Total voters

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I included that to exemplify the meaning of my stance. Shadows is the same category: ensure equal footing for all players. This is Henriks stated goal and I absolutely approve. Props like this can and will be used for hiding purposes.

WYSIWYG consistency. It is part of the game.

Provide proof that shadows actually conceal and or cause an unfair advantage in gameplay, and I'll agree. Otherwise, no.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
What ? Are you trolling me right now ? :D
No.

Go in-game with shadows completely on, gather proof that it can be used to conceal and or hide people or give SOME reason it gives players who would potentially turn them off an advantage over someone who has them on.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Amadman

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I would like to say a big thank you to the community for supporting the idea of the delay, whether we had an affect or not; I would like to believe we did.

Recently someone made mention to me that making threads and trying to stir up ideas and potential solutions to our problems in the game was 'pointless' and wouldn't ever get anyone or the game anywhere.

Well I say to that, fuck that way of thinking and we should continue to come together as a community and work together in full in giving our feedback even if we disagree a lot as a whole.

Never be idle and let someone decide for you what is best, we all want an amazing game we could play for years to come and the only way we can do that is being vocal on important matters and trying to keep Star Vault accountable of everything they say and do.

Even for those of you who disagreed with a delay, realize the game needs it desperately so that Star Vault can learn some patience when it comes to developing their content. Rushing things out and pushing them to us broken and messed up is one thing in an alpha / beta, it's another when it isn't just die hard fans or super hopeful / optimistic people. You can drive away potential players and customers that way forever by doing this.

Thanks again!

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Yeah, honestly when I first saw this topic I thought it was a bit of stirring the pot or just focused on criticizing the quality of the game (ie "The game is not ready" as opposed to "the game's persistent release should be delayed"), but through discussion there was plenty of "the game is great, and it needs more time". I think the combo of a clear, well designed poll at the start with discussion after does a great job of surfacing clearly how the community feels for the devs, which is great!

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Yeah, honestly when I first saw this topic I thought it was a bit of stirring the pot or just focused on criticizing the quality of the game (ie "The game is not ready" as opposed to "the game's persistent release should be delayed"), but through discussion there was plenty of "the game is great, and it needs more time". I think the combo of a clear, well designed poll at the start with discussion after does a great job of surfacing clearly how the community feels for the devs, which is great!
it cannot be said that the game is excellent since there is no game yet. there is a prototype of the game and that requires a lot of work.

Last edited:

Moonman

Dec 25, 2020
I feel like the reason StarVault is always so persistent in releasing their efforts is because there's a money problem. They need to be able to fund the development of the game and the only way to do that is by having an active player base that subscribes. Perhaps, in their eyes MO2 is so beautiful and well put together regardless of what it is currently lacking, and it proposes such an interestingly intricate gameplay that no player would not want to wait for the full release of the game.
However, this ideal is still flawed, even if it might work.
There will be different niches of players... people will want to explore the dungeons and see the bosses with guild guides where the new players could just absorb the extraordinary experience of a MO type dungeon, which is majorly different than any other games dungeon.. But people who like butchering and getting crafting things that you get from the wildlife of the game.
If they release the game too soon, there will be lots of new players who might not want to wait for the final release. MO1 has remained generally small because it lacked a full release where anyone could just join and experience a fully built world with many features. etc..

Jinn666

Aug 11, 2021
I feel like the reason StarVault is always so persistent in releasing their efforts is because there's a money problem. They need to be able to fund the development of the game and the only way to do that is by having an active player base that subscribes. Perhaps, in their eyes MO2 is so beautiful and well put together regardless of what it is currently lacking, and it proposes such an interestingly intricate gameplay that no player would not want to wait for the full release of the game.
However, this ideal is still flawed, even if it might work.
There will be different niches of players... people will want to explore the dungeons and see the bosses with guild guides where the new players could just absorb the extraordinary experience of a MO type dungeon, which is majorly different than any other games dungeon.. But people who like butchering and getting crafting things that you get from the wildlife of the game.
If they release the game too soon, there will be lots of new players who might not want to wait for the final release. MO1 has remained generally small because it lacked a full release where anyone could just join and experience a fully built world with many features. etc..
Would you of considered mo1 a year after release to have enough core features or did it take longer

Also how long would you say till mo2 should be released? End of the year?

D

Deleted member 44

Post was made almost a year ago and we are still not ready for the game to be released.

Moonman

Dec 25, 2020
Would you of considered mo1 a year after release to have enough core features or did it take longer

Also how long would you say till mo2 should be released? End of the year?
I didn't play a year after the release of MO1. I played in 2015. At that time it did have a lot of glitches and problems people always complained about, but I found it more than enjoyable and indeed playable if you could have handled some of the glitches which I mostly only noticed were with mounts.

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
I'm going to say that not having TC and base building / houses at release in MO1 also hurt that game too. If you don't have a siege mechanic, territorial control, bases to fight over what exactly are you fighting for? Bragging rights I guess, but it seems pointless and aimless. It seems like a core aspect of the game would be to own land and fight over it, but if you can't do that from the beginning and have to wait x months, I'm not sure the game will have enough to keep people coming back till then. This is a lesson the developers of LO learned as well, they didn't have the content, the game got stale and people left. Those people never came back.

Only the pvp people who play this game with the reason to fight over something are dependent on territory control.

The pve people, roleplayers, crafters, traders etc are already having fun.

System1834

Aug 21, 2021
Now that it is almost September 2021, would you say the game is there or really close? I think it is supposed to be released in October so we are about two months away.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Now that it is almost September 2021, would you say the game is there or really close? I think it is supposed to be released in October so we are about two months away.
For me, I think it is already playable since I mostly mind my own business doing whatever I feel like at the time. I do a bit of exploration, pve, crafting, resource gathering, transporting, and occasionally get into pvp (usually in self defence).

The game has only crashed on me once in the past month or so, which in my books is pretty stable though zero crashes would be ideal of course.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020

It's always hard to say when a sandbox is "Ready for release", especially since this is an early access release. But I do agree, the game itself is pretty stable and has a variety of things to do (crafting, market broker, 2 magic schools, all kinds of weapons and armor, mounts, taming etc), I'd say the big pieces missing for me to for example introduce some of my friends is a more refined tutorial and just more NPC mobs around the world with worthwhile rewards and points of interest, both of which they are actively working on.

I think actually EA is a good fit for this game, think of games like Rust and SCUM in early access, people are used to paying for a sandbox that has things to do but is constantly expanding (the sub will be the biggest challenge, but they say they only need 8K subs to break over and keep development as is).

Last edited:

Xatras

Aug 21, 2021
I hope they delay more. Other sandboxes do not have this 1 server only persistance milestone. Maybe we need a new poll?