Your thoughts on the bottleneck to spiritism?

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
I know it's an unpopular opinion but i like it. The only rant i have to do is the damned Sator boss that still bugged and doesn't reset/spawn making almost impossible to farm for spiritism stuff. Other than that i love when certain skills require very difficult tasks or costs lots of money. I know, you hate me for what i said, i'm sorry.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
i have the impression that animalism will become a theme after release and spiritism will end up dying
Animism is basically the same as the ecumenical school in a lot of ways.

Regardless if it has precasting or if its instantly cast upon completion it has about the same spell focus.
Its like a druid themed ecumenical with a little extra sprinkled on the side.

Not a bad school by any means, but don't really see how you are comparing a school of magic that is centered around support spells and playing around an entire different game world to a normal spell school.

If anything, once we get elementalism back, that's when spiritism will lose more popularity and value. The next school of magic we are getting used spirits as casting reagents in the previous game, and probably will in this one too. Elementalism was a really strong school of magic, but one you did NOT use often in direct fights. Necromancy+ecumenical will be the baseline/milktoast school combos for your everyday combat mage until we get some of the extremely diverse and useful for combat ones. Like illusionism(to a degree), mentalism and staff magic.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
As a new player to MO, but a veteran at games in general, spiritism in this game is the first time I find ANY kind of ability that does not offer the basic functionality of it easily, but which lets you acquire elements of it that you cannot use without getting the basic functionality. It is kind of game design basics that first you get to try that "oh this is what this thing is about," not like "here you can buy these spells which do nothing for you unless you find yourself a big guild and manage to kill a lot of hard bosses or invest ridiculous time to farm gold".

And then after this all work you find out that farming these spirits is not for you, then you have just wasted it all. Unfathomable design, which really is made worse by this game having so limited options for magery.

Also random cast interrupt chance on hit is an unacceptable mechanic for magic in this game.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
tbh i think there should be some more chokepoint like this for other schools, Weapon expertise book for example 1 for all melee weapons and 3 for each bow type.
Expertise book should unlock a tree like the clade but for weapons each should have like 10 skills or passive tied to them and every 20 points in expertise level activeskil grants 1 skill so you can take half of them. Would be nice to see some skills for weapon attacks to seperate them a bit more, could do it aswell with magic aswell but there fairly diverse as is.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
As a new player to MO, but a veteran at games in general, spiritism in this game is the first time I find ANY kind of ability that does not offer the basic functionality of it easily, but which lets you acquire elements of it that you cannot use without getting the basic functionality. It is kind of game design basics that first you get to try that "oh this is what this thing is about," not like "here you can buy these spells which do nothing for you unless you find yourself a big guild and manage to kill a lot of hard bosses or invest ridiculous time to farm gold".

Have to agree with this part. Resurrect should be what is locked behind bosses, not experiencing the basics of the etherworld spirit farming .

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
i have the impression that animalism will become a theme after release and spiritism will end up dying

Spiritists are needed by groups in dungeon and therefore will never be removed by all mages. But you are right, the other magic schools in MO1, Necromany and Elementalism, have been much more interesting than Spritism.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
It's a pity how unapproachable entering the ether world is, I bet there would be a whole lot more spiritists if it main gameplay loop of spiritism wasn't so heavily restricted.

Considering there is a whole mechanic of fighting other players in the ether world, I think it's a pity that without more people having the ability to enter the ether world, such encounters basically don't exist.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
ether world should be given by the magic tutor on haven the rest of the skills can be locked behind from boss