Your thoughts on the bottleneck to spiritism?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
So I don't get the issue about not being able to go via the priest to the ether world. Just hit the suicide button and pick up your own spirit box.
Am I missing something?
If that actually works they really haven't achieved anything but not making you able to go ether with priest out of sheer lazyness.

That's pretty funny, lol.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
So I don't get the issue about not being able to go via the priest to the ether world. Just hit the suicide button and pick up your own spirit box.
Am I missing something?
I misunderstood. You can pick them up when alive, I have no idea if you can while dead, I haven't tried it.

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
yea this sucks.

So just to be clear,

Multiverse lore is unavailable?

ether lore comes from magic librarian

ether portal knowledge comes from Sator dungeon boss or Minotaur boss?

and the actual spell ether portal comes from turning in a troll head?

EDIT:
Multiverse is from mino king i think
Portal spell is from troll head
ether lore is from librian
Ether portal knowledge i think is from sator boss

Last edited:

Rithavian

Dec 28, 2021
yea this sucks.

So just to be clear,

Multiverse lore scroll comes from trading in an item that drops from minotaur king.

But I agree with other above commenters. Locking us out of spiritism almost completely until you can acquire all of the above is insane, especially when it's 50% of all magic in the game currently.

We need the feature that allows the priest to send us to ether world for half our spirits on return. Or lock other spells behind difficult hurdles, not the one spell that makes the entire skill usable. The skill is mostly useless without it, in my opinion. Just a resurrection slave at that point.

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Locking us out of spiritism almost completely until you can acquire all of the above is insane, especially when it's 50% of all magic in the game currently.

ya i wish they would explain their thinking with this. I get that it's a beta, maybe they just wanted us to understand right from the gitgo that magic is a sunuvabitch to get?

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
Like once you became a spiritist, you'd be more crippled than the mega builds are, and may be barried to experience such shits except group runs. In my opinion, It's really brutal to play a specialized support class that would limit your playstyles and even, it doesn't allow you to create more than one character on one account. Very brutal.
Spiritism links with necromancy ... its vital unless you want to buy all your spirits. Im full ecu and spiritism so you arent going to be just one school anyway. I agree however that the obstacle of getting the spell from the troll king is going to restrict BOTH necromancy and spiritism. Necromancy is next magic school after persistent. If you mage up ecumenical and maybe a tame with, two or three mages with bears could easy take down a troll. Heal bears and fulm, so the scrolls are accessible to a small group. Im thinking of making a guild called solo, where solo players can group for dungeon bosses.

Reactions: Napkin

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
In MO1 you were able to pick up spirit boxes that someone dropped due to death in normal world, am I wrong?
Does the same thing work in MO2?
You can (although it was bugged so it wasnt working) pick up banished players boxes in the etherworld. I think you can also pick up spirit boxes if they drop loot in the normal world as well. So if a spiritist dies/banished to a spirit with say 1 or more orbs I think you can pilf their box, it just wasnt working last time i logged in.

Rinoal

Nov 19, 2021
In MO1 you were able to pick up spirit boxes that someone dropped due to death in normal world, am I wrong?
Does the same thing work in MO2?
It does work. The spirit box will drop right next to the player's loot

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
It does work. The spirit box will drop right next to the player's loot

I just tried suiciding with a spirit box in my inventory and it didn't appear in the etherworld.
The box drops next to my loot bag but I have no way of accessing it from the etherworld unless I go there with a portal it seems.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I just tried suiciding with a spirit box in my inventory and it didn't appear in the etherworld.
The box drops next to my loot bag but I have no way of accessing it from the etherworld unless I go there with a portal it seems.

Yeah, it's not super clear, but if you drop spirit boxes in the real world, people (and you) can pick them up in the real world, not the etherworld.

If you are "banished" in the etherworld, you drop your spirit boxes in the etherworld and you can go back while in ghost form to pick them up (as can others who are in the etherworld I believe.

Btw, Henrik said on his latest stream that all the boss mob drops are intentionally being changed at release so people don't know where to find stuff initially, so if Multiverse Lore/Ether Portal drops from the Mino King right now (which I believe I heard), it could drop from something much less challenging at release.

Reactions: Shadowmist

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I personally don't play mage builds in game just because my personally preferences, but even I can tell magic is unrewarding to play right now. It a lot of work to unlock spells that aren't even that strong or special. I personally only ever see mages cast 3 spells, corruption, fulmenation, and heal. I rarely see people casting anything else, an I know there like 30 or 40 spells in game right now.

Wibbles

Jan 13, 2022
yea this sucks.

So just to be clear,

multiverse lore is available.

I bought a copy off the trade broker for 200g, which seemed like a bargain tbh.

so it is possible to grab without killing the mino king. Was scary running the cash from meduli to fab tho….but totally worth it.

ether portal is super cheap from the trade broker too, if you don’t want to go killing forest trolls as well, there’s dozens on the broker.

Raize

Apr 19, 2021
multiverse lore is available.

I bought a copy off the trade broker for 200g, which seemed like a bargain tbh.

so it is possible to grab without killing the mino king. Was scary running the cash from meduli to fab tho….but totally worth it.

ether portal is super cheap from the trade broker too, if you don’t want to go killing forest trolls as well, there’s dozens on the broker.

You still need Ether Portal lore AND Multiverse to enter a portal. The head is just for the spell

Wibbles

Jan 13, 2022
I have multiverse lore, that’s the purchase I mentioned.

AlthoI do still need the ether portal lore……

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Where does mental projectile come from?
the sators with spears in the sator dungeon. Pretty sure the sators with spears that are just at camps dont drop it. u have to get the ones that are at the dungeon. Sators apparently have different drop tables even tho theyre all just called "sator"

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
the sators with spears in the sator dungeon. Pretty sure the sators with spears that are just at camps dont drop it. u have to get the ones that are at the dungeon. Sators apparently have different drop tables even tho theyre all just called "sator"

Thanks Dremlock. Same Dremlock from Wizardry?

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
i have the impression that animalism will become a theme after release and spiritism will end up dying