Wich continent you wanna see Next?

What Continent Next?

• Total voters

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
The last thing we need is any more land mass or thought of expansion. When the current game approaches an acceptable level of polish with points of interests and content then perhaps revisit this poll.

But If I had to vote, I daresay they should develop the whole map in tandem with a view to stretch the current landmass over the planned expansions. That would mean the terrain is actually interesting and not like watching paint dry.
The Stress Test had the servers more down then up, this shows that on release this will be the case as well. With another expansion they can effectively have another area for players to migrate to enabling server stability. Though I do agree we need a ton more things in the game, it's so bare bones at the moment.

Reactions: Snozzle

Snozzle

Apr 2, 2021
The Stress Test had the servers more down then up, this shows that on release this will be the case as well. With another expansion they can effectively have another area for players to migrate to enabling server stability. Though I do agree we need a ton more things in the game, it's so bare bones at the moment.

I had not realised they planned to put the expansion in another zone. If that is the case I hope they expediate their ideas quickly to aid with server stability.

My comment was a little flippant as I know alot of people love the great expansive land mass however I find it can be a little unplayable; especially if you are time limited as everything takes so long.

The Meduli to Bakti experience was fun the first time and I guess they plan for each city and town to effectively become communities with activities and adventures specific to each region but agree it is so bare bones. My play time if I only have 30-60 minutes, which is generally a session for me these days, is basically kill zombies or go to the nearest bandit camp and theres really only so many times that game play loop is enjoyable, even if there is the chance of PvP every so often.

At this stage and so close to launch I struggle to see how they are going to fill the world or even if they have a vision and ambition to do so.

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I had not realised they planned to put the expansion in another zone. If that is the case I hope they expediate their ideas quickly to aid with server stability.

My comment was a little flippant as I know alot of people love the great expansive land mass however I find it can be a little unplayable; especially if you are time limited as everything takes so long.

The Meduli to Bakti experience was fun the first time and I guess they plan for each city and town to effectively become communities with activities and adventures specific to each region but agree it is so bare bones. My play time if I only have 30-60 minutes, which is generally a session for me these days, is basically kill zombies or go to the nearest bandit camp and theres really only so many times that game play loop is enjoyable, even if there is the chance of PvP every so often.

At this stage and so close to launch I struggle to see how they are going to fill the world or even if they have a vision and ambition to do so.
I feel your pain, I spend a lot of time making post on here for idea's to bring in new players, or for class idea's to be improved, idea's to bring in a fresh player base, and even castle defense idea's. But the community literally hates everything, and any idea anyone can possibly come up with. They don't understand how games are marketed these days, or how to bring in a fresh audience. If the idea you come up with isn't hardcore enough like travel for 12 real life hours in game to find a Cave that you have to climb mountains and glitched terrain to reach with a hidden entrance with a item hidden in the bottom that takes 50 guild people to obtain. Then they aren't interested. They are too stuck in their ways and think this game should be just like Mortal Online1. The Developers are looking for idea's from the forums. So now is your chance to impress them if you can come up with something this community actually likes.

• Haha
Reactions: Tzone

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

My game time is more or less the same as yours, Graveyard/Bandits ect. If you try for other activities you can die and lose your weapons/armor to other players and need a few days farming items to get them again before going back to the same boring loop. I fucking know right. And it takes wayyyy too long to get the metal armor and weapons. I tried to find other players to play with, but I finally gave up and made my own guild, because everyone else would sit in bank or just attack me when I was mining or testing the damn game out. I like this game, but I have warned the Developers and player base that on Launch day most people will play for about a week and then quit the game because there isn't enough to do. And the game doesn't offer any return on value for your time, so if you don't have a ton of guild players to bully other players you are kind of stuck. I tried to remedy this with a small "log in bonus" idea post, that had a mini game for returning players who played every day for a month to get a reward, but people hated it, I tried to think if smaller guilds/solo players could get a house they could defend it with Siege weapon Defenses and Guards, so they could be safe and bank on their investment away from griefers. But Guess what? The community hated that too.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I tried to think if smaller guilds/solo players could get a house they could defend it with Siege weapon Defenses and Guards, so they could be safe and bank on their investment away from griefers. But Guess what? The community hated that too.

The Problem is there. Nothing should ever be 100% safe. Because that is what makes this game unique.
As A solo player your house will be kind of safe, if you dont piss off people.
Why would someone siege your shit if they dont hate you.

Just for the castle thing here (houses are different story):
A few people requested more and more defense mechanics for castles becasue they were unable to defend thier castle against alot more people.
The thing is If you can't have other guilds who also protect your castle and your guild dont have the manpower to defend a castle than the guild shouldn't own a castle.

But we should make a own thread aobut that I guess.

Game Time:
The game time is not 99% action like many other games. The travel times and exploration is also a key factor.
Its part of the game is more slow paced than other.

Reactions: Xunila

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
I actually don't think we should get a new continent as the next 'region' expansion, I think we should get an oceanic map.

In my opinion, they should figure out sailing content before we get Sarducaa/Nordveld this time around. In-lore there's a large island in-between Sarducaa and Myrland) that we never got to see in-game where Tindremenes historically built up a large fortification. It sits right on the bridge/fault line, you can walk to it, players could rebuild the bridge there like they did to access Sarducaa in MO1, then when SV's ready for Sarducaa the second bridge going from that island to Sarducaa could be built up. "Ocean Maps" are important imo since sailing without them is going to be incredibly limited because every continent's map is shaped like a giant square, meaning we can only sail around the perimeter of a giant square. They're all shaped like giant squares because as of right now, big bodies of water have little-to-no content capability—so without boat's it's "wasted space".

The Inner Sea could easily be the first 'ocean map' expansion, since in my opinion it's the perfect transition from land-to-sea-content opportunity.

SV could a harbor city on the main island, throw a bunch of smaller islands out there that guilds can take over and people can build on, work on underwater content, develop unique AI in the form of pirates/raiders, have some small islands function like dungeons, there could be a 'red island' or two where there's a red priest in a pirate town.

Sailing opens up the ability to visit locations such as Sidoia and Lykia without us going "How will we get there? Just talk to an NPC by a boat and teleport?" That's the only reason I don't think they're good 'next continent' options (they're actually maybe two of the regions I'm interested in the most) and why I think we need sailing if we're ever going to visit them. The entire point of Sidoia is that it's many islands, we can't just be swimming to each one. Nordveld has an entire large broken-apart ice sheet/iceberg region that it'd be crazy to not have sailing to go through. Sarducaa does 'work' in theory because they aren't really known for their oceanic features, but I really do think the 'sea map' idea is a huge content opportunity.

Herabalter's a close second only because I'm curious about it (but I'm curious about all of them) and because it doesn't require ignoring the sea content opportunity, so I voted for that one.

Also just nitpicking: The map posted in the first post is also a fan-made edit of SV's map trying to 'make sense' of it and add stuff that the fan liked, and not the very old map SV had. SV's is this one:

cx5CFMN.jpeg

(Massive changes have happened since this, like Lykia being entirely split off and made into its own continent call Urmothȃr. Lykia isn't the continent's name anymore, it's now the name of a region in the continent of Urmothȃr.)

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
I would like to have my own drakkar and a Viking team, so that I could drive along the coast and land wherever I want and rob and kill civilians. Oh, I'm sorry, "to help civilians in this difficult time." )) Therefore, Norveld! Norveld! Norveld!

ROTLUST

Oct 9, 2021
Herabaltar for a few reasons 1. it will mix up the political of mortal online as to not repeat the power plays of mo1 2. it will place the blast furnace in the middle of the map 3. i think it will fill in some blanks in mo lore and add to low key rp 4. its smaller and probably easier to add to the game 5. i want to see people fall in to a volcano.

Reactions: Tuhtram

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
All that long distances scare me In case of low population.

The game is not even released yet. I have many friends who told me that they played many early access games and rather want to
experience the full experiance, to not get burned out before all the mechanics are added. Some told me that they want to wait, till we can bind all directional blocks/attacks on seperate Keys, becuase they want to use the attack modifiers charge attack option, but his is not possible, becuase we cant bind the mid and overhead block on seperate Keys. If you enable that option you have to aim upwards and downwards with the mouse to block and this lead to imput errors, if you are surrounded by several opponents which you try to block and have to move your mouse horizontally. You cant move your mose horizontally and look up and down at the same time, without getting imput errors. Another friend told me that he not gonna farm like crazy to get materials such as tungsteel, if everything get wiped. It have reasons, why the population of a test Beta is not very big. SV only added the mobs for testing the AI, so that the testers not know all spawns and creatures in advance, becuase SV want to have us something to explore after release. Many pathways in the dungens are still locked. I think Steam is making great advertising for new games.

The population will increase a lot after release ! At least that´s my speculation. 80 k keys were gone during first stresstest. MMOGA went down.
i have some real life friends who played Chivalery with me for years. They all told me that they want to wait tillt he game get released and that they are exited. I think my friends aren't the only ones who think that way.

Only the most loyal players from the first game invest so much time in testing an unfinished product, because they had a lot of fun with MO1 and know what the game offered in the endgame and how much potential it have, if it have a nice grafic and won´t be a buggy mess as MO1.

In MO2 a lot of content is still missing.

But what does the game need to succeed ?

Does the game have potential to get very popular ? That depends on the development. I see great potential in crafting, if SV adds more dungens, roleplay features, gambling and boad games. I think there is a lot of potential in the gambling games. If you can play games such as dice poker, checkers, Chess or mill with other players and be able to gamble away your money in the pub. I could imagine that many players only play the game because of that, because of the crafting and hunting, becuase they want to build their own town, keep or base, but we will see. A good game must be fun and deliver content for all types of gamers. The PVP players, the roleplayers, the traders and the PVE adventurers on the same Server. This is exactly what SV is trying to do this time. It is important to have enough dungens, world events and terretory controll as fast as possible, so that the dungens are not the only PVP hotspots. There is a lot of feedback in this regard. https://www.mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/map-feedback-the-dungens-are-distributed-unfairly-the-way-is-too-long-from-some-cities-we-need-more-strategic-located-dungens.3200/#post-37855 I find the graphics very appealing this time and MO1 provided a lot of content. I think the game has a lot of potential, because all the mechanics don't have to be reinvented, but just have to be taken over from the first game one by one. SV had over 15 years to gather feedback and balance the mechanics. The team now consists of 30 programmers. Richard Garriot always said that a good MMO needs 15 years of development. Most of the mechanics are still not imlemented, but that will happen over time and we get a huge Patch every 15 days. So I'm pretty confident that the game could become very popular. Never as popular as a theme park MMO, but for players who appreciated MMOs like Ultima Online and love crafting and played such games for years. I prefer a game with a lot of endgame content. Better a smaller but loyal player base who plays the game every day for years than a theme park MMO, which millions of players buy and stop playing as soon as their characters are leveled because the game does not deliver an endgame, a working economy and PVP does not reward the players. In most MMOs, PVP is meaningless. It make no sense to play as a crafter in Theme Park MM0´s. I can´t get it how players can enjoy games such as WOW and New World. I could not play that game for more then 3 days.

Here a list of all activities we will get in MO2 https://steamcommunity.com/app/1170950/discussions/0/2962796621645555474/

Many developers can deliver a lot of content, but in the end it all comes down to the netcode. I think SV has achieved a lot here. This 500 man fight and the technology behind it convinced me. Each node is a server and when a region is overcrowded, the other servers provide their computing power. In the beginning it was unplayable with 500 players fighting on the screen. There was a lot of lag in the beginning and I was thrown on the login screen. But that was due to a bug that caused the spawns to double, triple and quadruple, when the other servers provided their computing power. The video was recorded during the stress test. I think SV will still optimize a few things before release. If a fight with 200-300 players works well, the game definitely has a lot of potential. I think this is a brilliant achievement, considering that it is a game with hitboxes and a Mount and Blade combat system. In MO1 the game was already unplayable with 50 players on the battlefield. This is not the case in MO2 ! Regarding the netcode, SV has done a good job ! At least that's my opinion and I've played the game for over 700 hours and participated in all the big fights and try to review the development.

Last edited: