Why we don´t need Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
*Wipes the his mouth with the table cloth, pauses, and then blows his nose into it*

Alright back to our "classy" circular argument then.

A slippery slope argument is considered a logical fallacy, it's a point generally made to back up a weak/baseless argument. And that's precisely what "If you give them Haven they'll just beg for more carebear features" is. It's a textbook example of the slippery slope fallacy. I assume you're making it because you on some level realize your other points are too weak to hold water. Haven is no true threat to the hardcore PvP status of the game so you need some "but it will get worse" style nonsense to throw in there and scare the gullible.

The reality is there is not a single good reason to expose newbs to ganking before they learn game controls. When they learn the game controls they might actually have some fun getting attacked. But the "they need to be exposed to PvP early" argument really loses all validity when you consider how short of a time the average player's Haven experience should be. They will experience it early, they just won't experience it while entirely helpless.

The only losers in this situation are griefers who want to pick-off helpless newbs as they start the game. And if those players quit... good. They have a negative value to this community.

You should stop because you have no idee what you are talking about. I sended you a private msg and told you that people here have around 5k-10k Hours of MO1 and you still arguing ... I just dont get it. Im really starting to think that you are trolling.

Its fine to say your opinion here but that it. Stop arguing and acting like a ForumWarrior.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I never understood the disdain for a "carebear" area. It's a game with PvP, sure, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to PvP. There's plenty of crafters and PvErs who will prefer to do just that. I say Haven should be 100% pvp free (Weapons and Magic do no dmg to players) AND you should be able to return to it any time you would like. I don't think you should be able to take things from Haven to the rest of the world and vice-versa.

On top of that, I think Tindrem and a small area surrounding it should be heavily guarded and uncapturable by players. An area where you can start PvP conflict, but will likely not live long enough to profit from it. I'd make the resources around the area rather low tier. Things that are abundant most anywhere on the map.

"Carebears" need an area of relative safety so that they can build up the courage to eventually step out into more dangerous territory to find cooler things. I say this as a guy who actively hunts others in most open world PvP games and rarely spares anyone not in my group or allied with my group. Games like Albion and EvE do this, and those are both full loot PvP.

Taking those areas away just makes the game less fun for players who wouldn't really be participating in PvP to begin with.
its not about the carebear, its only about review and reputation.

if you dont make atleast a little small starting area, many people will hate the game just because its the game. To get killed and thats totally fine. theres no problem with that, thats good. but for normies and other shit people its a bad starting experience if they just start right up and getting griefed in the first 2min in the game.

And the mgazines and the top websites and what not will give mortal a very bad rating because people will rage and people will hate it. and a lot normies and what not will hate it.

With atleast a mini little starter area you can reduce the damage to the reviews a lot. just because the first impression is not fucked up shit for a normie.

Noone here in this forum want carebear shit, i dont want carebear shit ever happen, im stil for removing the shitty compass and chanign the thing to be more hardcore.
so stop making assumptions on people. Noone here is a carebear because if they would be one, than they would be long gone and would play a game that is carebear like.

if someone here suggest carebear shit. please throw them out of here. But its just bottom ground concrete logic that a little shit retard normie fuck island is needed.

its all about reviews and viewpoint from outside. if the game would have a constant rating from 2/10 from people than, youtubers will hate the game, than game website will hate the game. and someone who maybe searching for a new experience will never touch mortal becasue the reviews and the reputation is damaged beyond reasonable.

thats why a little start area atleast is needed. We dont want to have 2015 happen again. Or we can all search for a other game to play. because without alteast a mixed reputation, all will be ruined what henrik tried to serve us the last 11 years.

so please open your mind to the long term consequences of not doing the right action right now.
Better reputation give more players that try and if someone become a constant player than the whole shit was worth it a lot.

We are all here on the same side. Everyone here wants more players. Everyone here thinks his ideas are the best.
I dont say i have eaten wisdom in barrels. But we saw the past and it was shit. SO we need a other approach that is doable and makes the most sense. and noone of us now.

In the end henrik must know whats the best, and we all have to eat it.

So all discussion and throwing shit on each other dont get results, besides pissed people.

So we all can work and discuss together what the better options.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I never understood the disdain for a "carebear" area. It's a game with PvP, sure, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to PvP. There's plenty of crafters and PvErs who will prefer to do just that. I say Haven should be 100% pvp free (Weapons and Magic do no dmg to players) AND you should be able to return to it any time you would like. I don't think you should be able to take things from Haven to the rest of the world and vice-versa.

On top of that, I think Tindrem and a small area surrounding it should be heavily guarded and uncapturable by players. An area where you can start PvP conflict, but will likely not live long enough to profit from it. I'd make the resources around the area rather low tier. Things that are abundant most anywhere on the map.

"Carebears" need an area of relative safety so that they can build up the courage to eventually step out into more dangerous territory to find cooler things. I say this as a guy who actively hunts others in most open world PvP games and rarely spares anyone not in my group or allied with my group. Games like Albion and EvE do this, and those are both full loot PvP.

Taking those areas away just makes the game less fun for players who wouldn't really be participating in PvP to begin with.
Yeah lets give vets the ability to go farm in complete safety and then transport all of it to the main continent, over and over again, not even needing to make a new account. What could go wrong?

Reactions: KermyWormy
Status
Not open for further replies.