Why Guilds Will Quit (To Henrik)

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
1.) A zerg comes and hits a keep owners supply stations while they are asleep or at work. The damage cost is 1k gold. If this happens every night it’s the highest grief and the guild will burn out or go broke and quit.

2.) A northern guild alliance has access to cronite and Oghmium and they are not only controlling the dungeons 24/7 but they are also patrolling GK and the Tephra mine 24/7. Which means they can come to the south and west outgearing everyone who is used to wearing incisium and reptile carapace. These smaller guilds will get frustrated and quit.

3.) RMTing is an issue. These mega guilds have endlessly gold bought with RL money and endless prom controlling the lucrative dungeons in the north. So they are superior by this RMT exploit. And if they choose a civil war they will have unlimited resources. Victims will surely quit.

4.) Supply Runs with only 1000 supply which is not enough. You expect small casual guilds to run back to town every day for supply it will burn them out, they will quit and these beautiful villages you see on the map will become ruins in 3-6 months. My suggestion is to increase the supply cap to at least 5k this means weekly supply runs instead of every day.

@Henrik Nyström

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
Further issues leading to player attrition:

• Lack of POI in specific areas. There are far more dungeons and camps in the North as opposed to the South - particularly the Canteri and Jungle regions - providing fewer locations for players to farm for prominence, gold or trinkets available to Northern players. In combination with OP's points, the content is essentially locked to the larger, RMT, or exploiting guilds. Players will get bored with the same old thing if there aren't more options.
  • Supply Crates are not sufficiently rated to make anything but the nearest location worth the transport. The Risk vs Reward to transport further than the nearest town limits the amount of traffic intended to create content. Taking supply crates from the area around Bakti to Hyllspeia should be worth far more than to Mohki or Toxai, but it's hardly even worth 10% more. The gain for transporting further should be worth closer to 25% to 50% more (IE Canteri to Mohki is 76 Prosperity, Canteri to Hyllspeia should be 126 or similar, not 96. (I used random numbers, don't come for me about the exact amount because I don't know them.)
  • Seige Mechanics Timings should scale with housing style. The larger the buildings, the shorter the time allowed for the players to loot. Strongholds should be closer in loot timer to keeps, and Medium houses should have more time than small houses, but less than keeps, or strongholds. Also, many guilds don't HAVE keeps and without a properly scaled timer guild sieges away from a keep are pointless. To make it fair on single players the guild claim stone should adjust the timer so that there is more to gain by claiming the stone (greater defense), but there is also the risk reward (higher siege potential and shorter loot timers).

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Main issue is that sv can’t design a good system. Even if the system is good on paper the execution will be so poor. All of this is on top of the game being client sided garbage with maximum clunk. The game just isn’t worth the time investment.

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
Main issue is that sv can’t design a good system. Even if the system is good on paper the execution will be so poor. All of this is on top of the game being client sided garbage with maximum clunk. The game just isn’t worth the time investment.
Ok then, if the game isn't worth your time, why are you here? Maybe if it's not worth your time, you can find something else to do instead of wasting ours with pointless whining?

• Wow
Reactions: Serverus

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
Besides the points listed here where I fully agree.... With the addition of TC and the need for guilds to farm prom the lackluster pve in most areas is more obvious than ever as there is just a handful of dungeons and solo spawns and a total lackluster of good spawns the more south or west you live. 99% is riding around checking empty spawns.

How hard would it be after all this time that at least every area has a few spots where small groups could farm together... like big bandit forts/camps or outlaw hideouts, bigger sartor areas... whatever... Naahh running around looking for solo spawns is The Way, in an mmo where such small scale pve spawns would also be super nice pvp hotspots and dunno encourage ppl to play you know together 🙄

Not gonna talk about offline protection of villages and keeps... this will get frustrating soon enough 😕

Reactions: Serverus and Rahz

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Ok then, if the game isn't worth your time, why are you here? Maybe if it's not worth your time, you can find something else to do instead of wasting ours with pointless whining?
It took me like 4 seconds to make that post.

You devoted more time to being mad about it than I have spent on the forums in the last week.

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
It took me like 4 seconds to make that post.

You devoted more time to being mad about it than I have spent on the forums in the last week.
Who said I was mad? I'm just confused why you are apparently wasting your time on a game that's a waste of time (your words, not mine BTW).

In contrast, I spent my time in my OP pointing out aspects of the game that's currently in development. That with the intent being to show the devs where they can make improvements. You came in to the thread, insulted the devs and tried to piss on someone trying to do a positive thing in the thread.

Also, if I'm mad then you must be apoplectic at being challenged.

Reactions: DarkWizz

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Resolve resource disparity
Increase Content outside of the 1/10th of the map the majority of it is stuffed into
Add multiple Dungeon exits/entrances
Remove houses/strongholds close to Dungeons
Rework siege cost/benefit
Implement an actual item/asset tracking solution to remove all Dupe/Exploited/RMT gold/assets

(They fucked up when they put Dungeons/Resources on the map based on where they were in MO1 which was a much smaller map. They had the opportunity to balance things and make it more dynamic and competitive by spreading things out evenly or consolidating in the middle of the map. We are also missing resources/content from MO1 making it even worse. Tag Queen, Sarducca, Tephra nodes scattered, Demons....)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Who said I was mad? I'm just confused why you are apparently wasting your time on a game that's a waste of time (your words, not mine BTW).

In contrast, I spent my time in my OP pointing out aspects of the game that's currently in development. That with the intent being to show the devs where they can make improvements. You came in to the thread, insulted the devs and tried to piss on someone trying to do a positive thing in the thread.

Also, if I'm mad then you must be apoplectic at being challenged.
Ok well you got your answer. I'm not spending any meaningful time on it at all. The small amount of time I do spend on it is because it was a game I played and enjoyed extensively for 8 years. This absolute garbage we have been given is rightly being called out for being absolute garbage. I also have a duty of care for newer players to inform them that they are dealing with an absolutely unprofessional gaming company that jury rigged some client sided garbage into an unoptimized asset flip that plays at the pace of world of tanks. Like seriously brother its been out how long almost 2 years and we still don't have a guild UI that is remotely functional or can do mega advanced features like sort alphabetically. This is a company that can't even design a whisper system. Seriously get real before you ever dare ask anyone why they're "wasting time" by being critical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnidex

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Actually you're correct my apologies. I've devoted way too much time to this game and i'm trying to bring these overally high numbers down.

The only way I can get the number to go below 0 is to detract from the game to others.

1695401672424.png

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I'm serious man, I see your comments on here constantly, just trashing on SV or the game -- you need help. You are acting like a girl dumped you and you're showing at her work and talking shit on her and stuff. Its really pathetic, lol.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
1.) A zerg comes and hits a keep owners supply stations while they are asleep or at work. The damage cost is 1k gold. If this happens every night it’s the highest grief and the guild will burn out or go broke and quit.

2.) A northern guild alliance has access to cronite and Oghmium and they are not only controlling the dungeons 24/7 but they are also patrolling GK and the Tephra mine 24/7. Which means they can come to the south and west outgearing everyone who is used to wearing incisium and reptile carapace. These smaller guilds will get frustrated and quit.

3.) RMTing is an issue. These mega guilds have endlessly gold bought with RL money and endless prom controlling the lucrative dungeons in the north. So they are superior by this RMT exploit. And if they choose a civil war they will have unlimited resources. Victims will surely quit.

4.) Supply Runs with only 1000 supply which is not enough. You expect small casual guilds to run back to town every day for supply it will burn them out, they will quit and these beautiful villages you see on the map will become ruins in 3-6 months. My suggestion is to increase the supply cap to at least 5k this means weekly supply runs instead of every day.

@Henrik Nyström
Regarding #3 - proof? People say this bullshit all the time about every big guild in every pvp game.

Regarding #4 - Henrik has said in the past that they are looking at fixing supply etc

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
Ok well you got your answer. I'm not spending any meaningful time on it at all. The small amount of time I do spend on it is because it was a game I played and enjoyed extensively for 8 years. This absolute garbage we have been given is rightly being called out for being absolute garbage. I also have a duty of care for newer players to inform them that they are dealing with an absolutely unprofessional gaming company that jury rigged some client sided garbage into an unoptimized asset flip that plays at the pace of world of tanks. Like seriously brother its been out how long almost 2 years and we still don't have a guild UI that is remotely functional or can do mega advanced features like sort alphabetically. This is a company that can't even design a whisper system. Seriously get real before you ever dare ask anyone why they're "wasting time" by being critical.
Being critical means you have something to criticize. You are wasting time because you AREN'T point things out, just calling it a piece of crap and insulting the development team. You've played a complete game in MO1 - which you can still play BTW, go play that - and are complaining that a game that is LITERALLY still in production doesn't have all the same stuff implemented yet, but is actually working towards it. Go away and think about your position. What you've contributed to this thread is nothing more than ineffective whining because you're not here to offer suggestions. By your own admission you are trying to pull people away from the game.

If it's too hard for you to see the progress that's been made in the last several years, just go. If you've played MO2 for multiple years, you remember when there was ONLY ONE magic school and horses died going down a gentle slope. To say this game is not progressing and improving is ignorant at best, and closer to to actively ignoring reality in favour of your own petty feelings about something that's literally a work in progress.

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
Regarding #3 - proof? People say this bullshit all the time about every big guild in every pvp game.

Regarding #4 - Henrik has said in the past that they are looking at fixing supply etc
Re no. 3: Several guilds and individuals have been caught with RMT trinkets, money, and use real world trading sites for IG assets. It's a common thing in many games that ruins the IG economy if too many people are doing it, there are other exploits the devs are away of, but someonf them need to be reported to be dealt with. SV has removed players and their entire inventory for things like duping and RMT

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
To say this game is not progressing and improving is ignorant at best,
I mean I got a guild UI and whisper system that hard disagrees with you.

Are you seriously advocating for a CLIENT SIDED asset flip?

Like there's just dead giveaways that this company is not serious.

How can they improve the game? by shutting it down at this point honestly.

Reactions: Gnidex

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
I mean I got a guild UI and whisper system that hard disagrees with you.

Are you seriously advocating for a CLIENT SIDED asset flip?

Like there's just dead giveaways that this company is not serious.

How can they improve the game? by shutting it down at this point honestly.
So, instead of just saying "Hey Devs, here's a thing that you can work on that will help keep players from getting frustrated," you think they should just not try? You must be a fun person to watch sports with when your favourite team is losing.

Reactions: DarkWizz

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Besides the points listed here where I fully agree.... With the addition of TC and the need for guilds to farm prom the lackluster pve in most areas is more obvious than ever as there is just a handful of dungeons and solo spawns and a total lackluster of good spawns the more south or west you live. 99% is riding around checking empty spawns.

How hard would it be after all this time that at least every area has a few spots where small groups could farm together... like big bandit forts/camps or outlaw hideouts, bigger sartor areas... whatever... Naahh running around looking for solo spawns is The Way, in an mmo where such small scale pve spawns would also be super nice pvp hotspots and dunno encourage ppl to play you know together 🙄

Not gonna talk about offline protection of villages and keeps... this will get frustrating soon enough 😕
There are a lot more spawns nowadays, I rode from Tindrem back to Fabernum the other day and ran into no less than 5 camps or ruins occupied by bandits, scoundrels or outlaws, a black bear, alpha wolf pack, and zombie adventurer. And that's just me heading in a straight line through the woods.

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
There are a lot more spawns nowadays, I rode from Tindrem back to Fabernum the other day and ran into no less than 5 camps or ruins occupied by bandits, scoundrels or outlaws, a black bear, alpha wolf pack, and zombie adventurer. And that's just me heading in a straight line through the woods.
Yes, there's a lot more now than there was even just a few months ago. There's plenty of spawns and camps and dungeons in the NORTH. However, there is a huge lack of (specifically) larger POI as soon as you dip south of the line of Keeps from Spider Valley Keep all the way across. There's a distinct lack, given that there are literally fewer camps in the south than there are just riding from Tindrem to Fabernaum. When a camp loop in the north takes an hour to hit 4 spots, and one in the south takes 1 hour per camp just to get there... it's not spread very well (yes, it's exagerated, example only, not indicative of the exact time it takes one player to travers the map as is).

There's also the fact that people are literally building houses inside POI like the caelano caves, and logging in/out right at the boss. I've been in groups where we literally scanned the area repeatedly with the Alvarin clade for body spotting, finding no one on our way down at all, and no more than 5 minutes later at the bottom we have half a dozen players attacking us at the boss.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
And what did you make from that? 10 gold?

10-20k gold for an entry level ring btw.