When someone is using the integrated voice chat, add a small sound animation...

Nov 29, 2020
When someone is using the integrated voice chat and is speaking, please add some small sound animation like a sound wave so we know who is talking. Right now it feels like disembodied voices and we have to ask who is talking. Just a small sound wave animation coming out of the heads of the player talking will make a big difference. Or some subtle indicator will do.

What do you guys think?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I find a few of the voices I've heard in the "Mortal Online community" since 2009 (and before, for certain players) to be dinstinctive, and distinguishable, but a lot... I mean, many... sound too much alike to me to tell them apart after a few exposures. Complete strangers? No real chance.

You could say there's
r e a l i s t i c a l l y a time & a place to ask "... Who said that?", but I think there's a sane limit to how realistic an MMORPG with full-loot and guilds and large battles and big crowds* should be. Even if most of them are wearing helmets, and especially when there may be individuals you just have to mute to save your sanity. Positional audio can't do it all.

----
* Does anyone else remember the MO1 Cheese Riot? If not, let me just add that crowds form easily.

Last edited:

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
They could just add directional audio and be done with it. They already have the sound icon on the target nameplate to verify.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
My biggest issue with the game voip is with people that are spamming the chat while hiding.

If you can not see them, then it is hard to target and mute them.

One possible solution would be to have a chat tab that kept a running text log of who used voip that you could hear on your client.

And then be able to mute or what ever from there.

Reactions: Najwalaylah