We knew it from the beginning

Was the launch failure avoidable?

• Total voters

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
To add my two cents to this as well, people keep spreading false information that SV knew this was going to be an issue an that the game is a scam. I have to just lol why would a company intentionally sabotage their own product, an if it a scam why is SV willingly temporarily disabling the subscription time until they fix the login issue?

Ya it sucks not being able to play, but really what is SV doing that bad exactly? They acknowledged the issue, was that wrong why? They've been spending 12-15 hours a day for 6 days trying to fix it, was that wrong why? They even disabled the subscription timers until the issue is resolved, was that wrong why?

People are overreacting here, but let me tell some of you people that are overreacting the solution to your you problem. Stop baby raging at SV an spreading misinformation, accept that shit doesn't go as plan, realize that SV is doing what they can to revolve the issue an is losing both money an sleep doing it. An finally just play something else until the issue is solved, last I checked your not required to play MO2 ever waking second.

Well i think we can all agree this is not a moneygrab like COE... Everyone saw this comming tho, to be honest i almost felt i could trust Henrik on SV's stream prior to release when he said the server could endure 100k peeps. Then this memory of MO1 launch came to my mind, of him saying the game could handle a lot of people but it didn't.

I don't think they intentionally launched like this just cuz shit and giggles, they obviously had a timeframe for launch probably with a lot of pressure but they are guilty of neglecting the game. A few weeks of terrible server status don't really matter to the people that like and vouch for the game but the sole purpose of doing a steam release is to gather people, to have a healthy population and money to keep investing into the development of the game but they can't achieve that if they keep having these kind of dissociative episodes when they say openly the game can handle 100k but it doesn't.
That kind of neglectfull development behavior hurts the game and more than it should, we all wish it didn't, but it does.

One thing is to have a mistake, another thing is that the game can't handle 1/10 of the supposed and announced capacity. I wonder, how do you get to the point of saying such thing and being completly unaware its not true, cuz if he did knew it wasn't true he wouldn't have said that at all. So, theres something obviously failing over there, and i wish it wasn't a chronic behavior.

And maybe they wouldn't be spending that much time a day since launch if they made it the right way from the start, it's not like they are making you a favor by repairing what shouldn't be broken in the first place. Then again mistakes happen and we shouldn't be so harsh on SV aslong as they deliver.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
SV has a history of starting problems and then fixing them later.

They removed ur ability to carry stuff on horses and then added horse bags 2 months later.
They removed earthquake dismounting people because it crashed the server and never re added a dismount mechanic.
They made it so ur character wouldn't log out if you didn't have a campfire next to you and didn't add a campfire.
They added keeps without a way to siege them down.
They added a que without programing ur number in que.
They added a server cap without adding a afk kick.
Ect.
they also did alot of stuff like this in mo1.

This is very much a on going issue of SV adding things half-cocked.

This is why it was very easy for me to say 15 days before launch that you would not be able to play this game for a long time after it came out.

The only thing that REALLY bothers me about all of this.
All the people that would have played are now leaving.
I don't mind ques and knew the launch wouldn't be smooth but, man. Watching people leaving again is depressing.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
I mean you know - 10 k on a server is nothing, wow was doing it 20 years ago...! Yeh ok maybe layered. You know for all the flaming whenever anyone mentions wow BUT if you are a game developer then it is a goto to see HOW to do things for large numbers of people. Obviously, a layered server was the solution until you start to get rid of the layers, but a server with a max online of 8k - 10k should not be a problem for a game developer in the 21st Century and should run smoothly. There was never going to be more than 15k online realistically in this game even at launch IMO. Sorry, but there is no excuse and especially when you think about how many beta tests they had.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
StarVault is older than most of the people playing MO2 yet people still act like they're a team of 4 18 year old that decided to make their first game

hollow

Apr 10, 2021
The worst part is the long-term damage that this launch is causing.
I'm a MO 1 player and I bought the early access game, but if I was just a new player who purchased through steam and played 2 or 3 hours and then got hit by a 12h queue and not being able to play the game after that or get a refund I wouldn't touch the game not even with a pole, even more because I think that most of the players will put the game aside and if they eventually try to play again in the future they will not be able due to subscription.
So from a new player perspective this game is a scam, they will not play it now and will not pay a subscription in the future to try to play a game that gave them a terrible first impression and which they aren't involved/hyped at all.
I was hoping to see the game with a good amount of new players, but if this continues I think only the MO 1 fans will withstand this situation.

Reactions: Tloluvin

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I mean it's crazy just how bad it's taking a beating on Steam.

recent.PNG

These are the recent views, as in, the most recent of reviews as opposed to overall.

overall.PNG

And then here is the overall reviews.

That's 623 different reviews that only raise the total reviews by an underwhelming 4%. That is crazy.

To put this into a better perspective, right. The game was rated fairly well during the beta. But due to the blunders with the queues, many issues regarding bugs & staff incompetency, and other things which have cropped up to cause problems for the game as a whole - it will now carry these ratings like that of a nasty scar worn on your face.

People will see that scar and judge you because of it, think you are hideous or 'mean' and avoid you. Sure, some people get to know you, and come to find out you're actually a decent person. But first impressions mean a lot.

I know it's a weird analogy but seriously, people truly underestimate the value of Steam reviews. I don't care if anyone on these forums think they are irrelevant because you are DEAD WRONG. People use ratings as one of the quickest at-a-glance methods to judge a game when looking at it.. Not to mention the many 'hidden away' details such as a single server which is located in the EU.

Some people try to argue that people who don't "look further into games" would of never tried it or stuck it out regardless, but I hate to say you are thinking in a very biased manner to truly believe that if you do.

A majority of these reviews wont change. People will review, refund, and move on. They will never come back now due to the staggering amount of issues.

I'm disappointed in Star Vault, and I'm disappointed in the members of the community who continuously egged on their rush to launch among other things. We as a community should have been more vocal and put our foots down to tell Star Vault this was a bridge they didn't want to cross, but with enough voices hailing & praising it in.. we are now where we are.

I love Mortal Online, but this was just such a slap in the face from the developers. I never want to hear that repeated line of "the game will be fine with one server." It clearly wasn't and wont be.

All we can do as players now is twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best, and watch as our playerbase goes back to the numbers we saw in beta and then some over time. Where we could of encapsulated way more, bullheaded and naive minds ruined the potential.

Hope things turn for the better, but this is honestly just sad at this point.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I mean it's crazy just how bad it's taking a beating on Steam.

View attachment 3513

These are the recent views, as in, the most recent of reviews as opposed to overall.

View attachment 3514

And then here is the overall reviews.

That's 623 different reviews that only raise the total reviews by an underwhelming 4%. That is crazy.

To put this into a better perspective, right. The game was rated fairly well during the beta. But due to the blunders with the queues, many issues regarding bugs & staff incompetency, and other things which have cropped up to cause problems for the game as a whole - it will now carry these ratings like that of a nasty scar worn on your face.

People will see that scar and judge you because of it, think you are hideous or 'mean' and avoid you. Sure, some people get to know you, and come to find out you're actually a decent person. But first impressions mean a lot.

I know it's a weird analogy but seriously, people truly underestimate the value of Steam reviews. I don't care if anyone on these forums think they are irrelevant because you are DEAD WRONG. People use ratings as one of the quickest at-a-glance methods to judge a game when looking at it.. Not to mention the many 'hidden away' details such as a single server which is located in the EU.

Some people try to argue that people who don't "look further into games" would of never tried it or stuck it out regardless, but I hate to say you are thinking in a very biased manner to truly believe that if you do.

A majority of these reviews wont change. People will review, refund, and move on. They will never come back now due to the staggering amount of issues.

I'm disappointed in Star Vault, and I'm disappointed in the members of the community who continuously egged on their rush to launch among other things. We as a community should have been more vocal and put our foots down to tell Star Vault this was a bridge they didn't want to cross, but with enough voices hailing & praising it in.. we are now where we are.

I love Mortal Online, but this was just such a slap in the face from the developers. I never want to hear that repeated line of "the game will be fine with one server." It clearly wasn't and wont be.

All we can do as players now is twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best, and watch as our playerbase goes back to the numbers we saw in beta and then some over time. Where we could of encapsulated way more, bullheaded and naive minds ruined the potential.

Hope things turn for the better, but this is honestly just sad at this point.

The deniers will tell u steam reviews mean nothing and if they actually do something its a niche game and it wasn't ment to be "that" populated and its allright, henrik's vision skill matters.

Many people including me saw this comming, and people did voice it but how could the community know the launch was going to be such a fail due to severe developing mistakes. I personally expected the game to be broken for weeks cuz i've played MO1 long enough to never expect SV to deliver shit in good state.

They managed to be overwhelmingly neglect the game to the point of telling openly the game could handle 100k when it was a lie and the server is struggling to even reach 1/10 haha. They are so unaware, clueless and so in panic mode that now after 11 days of making a queue system (which the game didn't had on launch) they realize the server can't handle people, and at this point they have to mount extra servers without any prior contingency plans, so good luck expecting that shit anytime soon and in good shape.

How could people not give negative reviews if SV had the time and people to test and if they didn't had enough time, there should have been a production role and a QA role in their team to make sure shit like this doesn't happen. We all understand its an indie company bla bla bla bla bla, but fucking seriously u gonna keep doing the same un-professional shit from MO1? I really thought they haved moved on and matured to the point of getting a solid production team that could prevent these kind of problematics, but hell no. This shit is failure after failure and maybe with all this steam reviews they gonna learn, or not cuz in MO1 happened exacly the same and they fucking didn't learn haha.

I won't lie had this little spark inside of me, the spark of hope that these mofus would deliver, that they were pulling the swedish christmas miracle.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
It really is a shame, if they started with multiple servers from the start and people had the ability to get into the game we may have ended up with the same population 6 months down the line but the reviews for the game would have never gotten as low as they did. 75%-45% and counting is a huge difference and no doubt will turn tons of players away even if the servers are stable, full of content, and fun as hell to play.

We'll still have fun with 2-3k players on one server so atleast we can be assured of that.

Awki

Jan 7, 2022

I was waiting to make this thread until the game hit 52% on Steam, which is the same rating the original game had. But at this rate MO2 is looking to surpass them.

Star Vault. You have learned nothing. Your idea is outdated and you should of stopped trying to be unique by forcing everyone into one fucking server. This was possibly the biggest oversight I have ever seen in a launch of a video game.

Stop using this "we are a small indie company" bullshit of an excuse line. People have told you time, and time, and time, AND TIME again to make an additional server or two but ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL people did including you guys was go "NAH WONT HAPPEN".

Now you guys can't even give straight answers on very simple things.

Go ahead. Start flooding in shills and tell me I'm wrong because its X, Y, and Z and I should learn to be grateful that they put a game out.

1. They didn't have a working queue system.
  2. They didn't put in better strictness to Haven, even THOUGH people already knew it could be abused and reported it.
  3. You force us as players to deal with having skewing pings, globally, for a one world experience only to have the server be unable to handle the amount of players present.
  4. You delete, censor, and silence any kind of criticism or opposition that doesn't praise you guys for failing.

I don't even need to go on LOL. I could, oh I certainly could. But this is just a fucking joke at this point.

See ya' guys in Mortal Online 3.