War Declaration

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
I dont think you should ever be able to declare war on random guilds for no reason because it would obviously just be another deterent for small guilds in the game.

However, I feel like if a certain guild kills any member of you guild then your leadreship should have a timeframe in wich they can declare war on that guild without them accepting. Would add another layer of possible consequences to murdering someone and make the wardec more than just a pvp flagging system.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
War can be so much more than a GvG duel.
I dont think you should ever be able to declare war on random guilds…
What do you imagine is random about the decision to declare war?

"Rule: We don't assume the enemy is stupid."​
--quoting an anonymous source​

We certainly can't expect other groups to explain their reasons for declaring war. It is not a permit process.
Nor could we be certain they were telling the whole truth and nothing but if they did supply an explanation.

Not that its up to the rest of us to deny the results of a random decision, on the basis that it is randomly made. This is an -RPG, and among the many things people do is prophesy, dream about portents, have visions, and go stark raving mad— in-character, at least.
…for no reason because it would obviously just be another deterrent for small guilds in the game. …
This is precisely a game that can and will simulate a world where some folks are not your friends, and do not care about 'fairness'. Percisely the kind of world where a small guild forms & tries to survive, "facing fearful odds, for the ashes of (its) fathers and the altars of (its) gods". If they're here, that premise did not deter them.
However, I feel like if a certain guild kills any member of your guild then your leadership should have a time-frame in which they can declare war on that guild without them accepting.
Who decided this was the condition under which permission would be granted for a war to start? The United Nations? Nave doesn't have one.

The time-frame part of the idea is irksome to me. Whether I serve my revenge hot or cold should be left to me when I am the leader. Likewise to a group, if the guild is led by consensus.
Would add another layer of possible consequences to murdering someone and make the wardec more than just a pvp flagging system.
How about giving those seeking revenge for the murder of a guildmate a time-frame, if you will, in which to kill the guild of the one who has offended them *without* even having to declare war? Would that suit your sense of justice?
…make the wardec more than just a pvp flagging system.
The declaration of war is, mechanically, a PvP flagging system. It's really had to make it more than that.

If there exists such a thing as a bad reason for a war (doubtful, in a game with wars), nevertheless I think that good wars (the ones you might give your approval to) may drive out bad wars (the ones you'd see no reason for).

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
I mean, not allowing people to start war on small guilds isnt about fairness as much as it is about stable game mechanics, a guild is nothing more than a tag under your name if you dont own a keep anf if people could just start war with you simply for having a tag people would opt out of joining a guild altogether. I guess never was a bad way to word it because if a guild is holding a keep anyone should be allowed to wardec them and attempt to take that land from them, just not anyone you choose because you want to.

The decision is obviously made by your guild leaders or whoever already has access to make such a call, no reason it would require any further heirarchy to decide if your death was worth starting a war over or not & timers are just a product of gaming environments to keep things within reason, like why you cant just report a muder 1 hour after being hit anymore.

You technically already have a timeframe with the 60 second crim timer, the issue is that 60 seconds is almost never enough time for anyone to retaliate unless they are in the direct area and killing random players by themselves isnt considered a risk at all because you can scoot out of the scene before anyone shows up, if that players guild could potentially start a war with yours over one kill, you might think twice about yours and your guilds reputation

Reactions: Najwalaylah