Visualizing the Admixture of Bloodlines in Mortal Online

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
I always feel pretty limited by using the forums in terms of formatting, so I've made a Google Site to show off the concept. I understand this set of ideas isn't as urgent as solving the issues that have been plaguing the game since launch, but figured I'd put it out there.

The natural question is, of course: Why?

The bloodline system is perhaps Mortal Online's most innovative and unique RPG system, allowing an unprecedented amount of control when it comes to allowing a player to mix ancestries within a species. Even single-player RPGs fail to capture this realistic element of biology, culture, and history—it could easily be one of the features to make Mortal Online stand out as unique and gain the game a lot of attention for how interesting it is and how much power of customization it puts into the players' hands.

At the moment, however, this extremely unique system is invisible aside from size, and only impacts stats. Someone who is half-Sidoian and half-Kallard will either look entirely like a Kallard or entirely like a Sidoian—when they're actually both and neither. Due to the extremes of either side of their ancestry, this character should likely look distinct from both bloodlines.

The systems I'm proposing would allow for both players and NPCs to look the part of someone mixed with what they are.

Reactions: Najwalaylah