User Interface in MO2 is still one of the best, but...

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
...personally, for me, this game has just one flaw in the interface. If your weapon is hidden you are not always sure which one is chosen.
Maybe I do something wrong, but I moved my weapon icons on the bars on the right side.
So if I press the key bound to draw a weapon, sometimes I draw not this which I intend to - because just do not remember which is actually "loaded". Ofc, I know I can press "c" and check it, but there is no time for that if some idiot is shooting at you while mining, fishing etc.

The solution is that:
If I have weapons hidden I expect the game when pressing an appropriate (bound) key to draw what it shows. Press it again - hide.

Next thing:
if I have a DRAWN sword and press an icon with the bow I expect the game to swap them automatically. I accept the holstering weapons system is slow but why do I have to press two buttons?

There are a lot of games like Skyrim or No Men's sky where we have to fight but mainly with User Interface. Skyrim has the worst UI I have ever seen anywhere. Mortal 2 Online has a very good UI just except for this one issue.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you look down and to the left you can kind of see the pommel of your weapon when you have a sword equipped.

If its a bow you can look up and to the right and see it behind your shoulder.

Other than that yea there is no instant way to tell what you have equipped. Most people just open their character sheet hotkey real quick.

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
I agree. It would be nice if:

- There was an icon in the UI to show which weapon you have equipped
- Pressing a hotkey for a weapon would automatically put your current one away and swap to the other

The way it works currently, while I am used to it, is pretty clunky and unintuitive.

I think SV said they are working on improvements to make weapon swapping smoother. Not sure if any details or timing around that has been shared, thoogh.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Yes, my dear creators.

WoW - 100% perfection in UI. Nothing to fault.
Mortal 2 - 95% perfection in UI, one of the bests but weapon swapping is unintuitive and uncomfy, sometimes I take out my bare fists.
Guild Wars 2 - 50% of perfection in UI, playable but cannot match to Mortal 2.
Skyrim - 0% perfection in UI. Someone completely does not know how to write games:)

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
No idea how anyone can think this game's UI is perfect or even good when button presses change their context depending on whether you have a bag open or not and the ui does not even highlight your equipped weapons on the hotbar.
And don't get me started on weapon switching which is so damn clunky it negates playing a hybrid by itself.
Personally i find it the worst UI i have ever had the misfortune of seeing in an mmo.

Hell it took a year to get horizontal hotbars lol.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
mhm, wouldn't say perfect, but it's fine. Ui is pretty simple, mostly just text and boxes, not really breaking the ground on smart UI design