Tutorial Feedback: Impossible to use bow in new combat tutorial on a low STR character

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
So I want to remind everyone that the tutorial is not for experienced players who know exactly how many attribute points they have to put into XYZ who're following specific charts and drafts and builds. Even some people who do follow charts/drafts/builds are going to have this issue, though, if they're not the right stats. But many won't even understand what's going on and will get frustrated.

I started off and started put my stats where I wanted them to be: High INT, High PSY, High DEX, put minus on CON and STR. Stabbed some walking dead, bought my magic books, waddled out to try out the new tutorial while reading them, and then I was asked to pick up a bow. I couldn't even fully draw the tutorial bow back on a low STR character and have to just fire up into the air at ridiculous angles and let my arrows arc down—making the archery part of the tutorial extremely challenging and likely impossible for a new player who doesn't understand they'd have to fire without fully drawing (because the tutorial tells you to fully draw).

I did eventually complete it but I don't think it would make a good impression on new players who can't draw the bow. Would've been a good experience if I could've fully drawn the bow, though. Overall, I like it, was just a pretty significant hitch.

Sinister Shadowfox

Oct 2, 2021
So I want to remind everyone that the tutorial is not for experienced players who know exactly how many attribute points they have to put into XYZ who're following specific charts and drafts and builds. Even some people who do follow charts/drafts/builds are going to have this issue, though, if they're not the right stats. But many won't even understand what's going on and will get frustrated.

I started off and started put my stats where I wanted them to be: High INT, High PSY, High DEX, put minus on CON and STR. Stabbed some walking dead, bought my magic books, waddled out to try out the new tutorial while reading them, and then I was asked to pick up a bow. I couldn't even fully draw the tutorial bow back on a low STR character and have to just fire up into the air at ridiculous angles and let my arrows arc down—making the archery part of the tutorial extremely challenging and likely impossible for a new player who doesn't understand they'd have to fire without fully drawing (because the tutorial tells you to fully draw).

I did eventually complete it but I don't think it would make a good impression on new players who can't draw the bow. Would've been a good experience if I could've fully drawn the bow, though. Overall, I like it, was just a pretty significant hitch.
Yes! Just had a friend come out of haven today and he said it was really difficult to get past that. He is making a mage so didn't build any strength at all.