tools durability loss rate

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
are the numbers for durability loss for tools like pickaxes and axes final? right now they feel a tad harsh

after making a pickaxe with 100% steel (arond 350 durability), it almost got destroyed after mining THREE stacks of rocks.

I can't imagine at persistent release, when we have to make tools out of animal bones and such, the pickaxes will break after half a stack...

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Hopefully durability as a whole is revisited at some point before release, as most everything has a far too low durability.

Reactions: PatWins

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
The planned crafting skill system is not implemented yet. So I´m guessing there will be changes once we get that.

I like how certain weapons have low durabilty and I think it´s a good way to diversify especially handles in weapon crafting.

The easiest fix would probably be to increase the durability coming from the pickaxe/woodcutting axe head dramatically.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Tools definitely need more durability. Weapons could use a slight increase but Henrik did mention weapon repairing is making a return, probably not in the half life system they had previously however.

If we do see repair come back, it should be through the weapon crafting menu. Add a repair button, drop weapon into a slot; shows the required mats and the amount to repair.

That way people can calculate costs based in amounts used rather than just having X amount to hopefully cover what is needed.

This would also be useful for weapon smiths as they could then identify the composition of a weapon. Say you loot a weapon from a player you like but don't know what its made of, take it to a weaponsmith for repair and he'll find out.