Too Anti-Solo

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
How do you expect people to get a footing in your game if they can't even play it solo?

Not everyone wants to talk to a bunch of weird mouth-breathers.

You CANNOT have a speed buff that stacks in a group. That is NOT fair on solo players built for speed.. How the fuck do you expect solos to survive against a group if they can just stack speed and even the fatties can outrun you??????

Guilds already have the numbers, they SHOULD NOT be able to catch someone who is built for speed unless an individual amongst them is ALSO built for speed.

Solos NEED a way to survive against groups. Normally this would be fixed with stealth mechanics that allow people to sneak, but since you don't have that, we have speed.. But this??? You didn't think it through.

Remove the stack effect of the buff, if two people use the same buff, it should only go as high as ONE person using it. It should then go into a phase where it cannot be chained on after another, with a debuff that prevents the effect occurring again.

You MUST make the game more accessible for solos, because there is a HUGE portion of the playerbase that likes to play solo.

Also.. No thievery?? No stealth??

You should make putting a stealth class into the game a priority for your solo players.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Not healthy for your player base to require people to always be in groups. You can make it harder to be solo and thats fine but they do to much to the point they really try to make it impossible to solo or live away from towns.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
SV has admittedly gone for a more group focus with PvP and PvE - Since it "Looks cool/epic in videos" with large groups doing things.

SV needs to add some sort of boss difficulty scaling dependent on how many people are in the boss room. So it makes it viable for small and large groups. You can cheese special mobs and bosses, some can be done solo and some can be done with small groups - But you have to abuse the lack luster AI and Pathing, but no everyone knows how, so only option is numbers check.

PvP mechanics need a lot more fluidity and additional design elements with 1vX in mind, to make smaller groups and solo PvP more viable. Most of the mechanics in-game entice zerg warfare, which is boring and very limiting. Not everyone wants to be in some giant group that holds hands just to win. Seems like everything that gives small groups a slight advantage or chance to survive against a mindless zerg, it gets nerfed due to mass complaints and ticket spam.

It's been said since beta that there needs to be a more balanced focus when it comes to these things, shit it's been said since the last half decade of MO1's life cycle.

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
You guys are crazy. I play entirely solo, have a great time, make decent money.

I dunno what you're doin, but you're doing it wrong.
Gold is easy to make, that isn't the argument. The argument is majority of the meaningful content in the game is large group focused.

Once you pass the initial grind and reach end-game, you'll find out quick what people are talking about.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dont consider living out of a blue town as playing solo.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You should make putting a stealth class into the game a priority for your solo players.

This is kind of what spiritism does already but yeah I actually wouldn't mind seeing a proper rogue. The one thing is it would be hard to balance with the current method of balance that is primary points. If it's too low of a cost EVERYONE will have it. If it's too high of a cost it will gimp builds that have it entirely.

If you had it with a bunch of prereq skills that have other uses that wouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure what current skills would make good prereqs for a stealth ability.

Though... word is they are going to misclassify the profession of thieving as an action skill the same way they did with taming making it another main-gimping alt-only skillset in a single character per account game. Giving someone with all the thievery skills trained stealth as a secondary would actually create the value they SHOULD give as actives.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Alvarins are the only survivable solo build because you are 40% smaller and can speed boost away from ganks.

Every other race gets chased down and chopped up, since griefers are majority Alvarin(which are too fast IMO)

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022

Sarcasm aside, the problem is if you build for solo life, aka speed, you can still be caught by people who are fat pigs because they got buffed by a stacked clade, it isn't fair.

D

Deleted member 44

It sounds like you do nothing but PvE content. Sooo much fun...

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Apart from the fact that this kid doesnt realise that only the buff duration stacks, yes the general point is true.

Game is WAYY too zerg friendly and needs to stop catering 0 skill zerging and start focusing on smallscale PvP and 1vX.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
It sounds like you do nothing but PvE content. Sooo much fun...

One, people like different things, so, good game on mocking someone for liking PvE content, lol.

Two, my point was that I'm not getting zergged constantly, so people who complain about it just seem like they don't understand how to avoid it. I never argued that pvp should be soloable. The only way pvp would EVER be soloable is if people are not allowed to have friends, lol

Reactions: Raknor