Thymoricals Ban is Concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
I have known Thymorical a long time and I highly doubt he was using any cheats. This like his chat ban I believe is either a false positive or he is being targeted in some way.

The chat ban was because he was in proximity to someone making sexual grunting noises.

This ban was for???

This is a big reason why I don't play this game or invest my time into the community. At any point you could just get griefed by some random GM for something you didn't do. I know this as well because I myself was permanently banned while not even being online for days for something someone did while I was offline. It was absolutely bonkers. I had to message Steam Support and make a big stink about it to get unbanned. So I know for a fact these unfair bans happen.

My other friend who also was not even online or had anything to do with a video that got I believe 10 people banned is still banned btw with no response from support. He didn't make as big of deal about it as me as he barely even wanted to play the game to begin with but that's still whack AF.

Hopefully in the future staff can improve on there abilities to moderate and police the game and ensure people are not being banned for unwarranted reasons. It's a shame that people invest there time and money into something to have it taken from them for something they didn't even do.

• Haha
Reactions: MrDodger

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
If you play the bad guy in MO2 it does seem the scales of justice are against you. The Oghmir ban comes to mind not for breaking TOS but for just being crafty with his scam despite scamming being a part of Mortal. Henrik 2.PNG

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I have known Thymorical a long time and I highly doubt he was using any cheats. This like his chat ban I believe is either a false positive or he is being targeted in some way.

The chat ban was because he was in proximity to someone making sexual grunting noises.

This ban was for???

This is a big reason why I don't play this game or invest my time into the community. At any point you could just get griefed by some random GM for something you didn't do. I know this as well because I myself was permanently banned while not even being online for days for something someone did while I was offline. It was absolutely bonkers. I had to message Steam Support and make a big stink about it to get unbanned. So I know for a fact these unfair bans happen.

My other friend who also was not even online or had anything to do with a video that got I believe 10 people banned is still banned btw with no response from support. He didn't make as big of deal about it as me as he barely even wanted to play the game to begin with but that's still whack AF.

Hopefully in the future staff can improve on there abilities to moderate and police the game and ensure people are not being banned for unwarranted reasons. It's a shame that people invest there time and money into something to have it taken from them for something they didn't even do.
So you, the pinnacle of honesty and fairness which somehow was the victim of an “unfair and unjust ban”…..which also plays with honest and fair friends that ALSO are victims of totally “unfair and unjust bans”……..think that this Tymorical dude is a totally stand up guy and only a victim of being “unfairly and unjustly banned”……because thats just what happens to fair and honest players….

As a player that has never been banned myself, let me just totally trust you and take you on your word sir. You seem like totally trust worthy and honest fellow….😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rahz

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
I find it hard to believe he got a ban even if he was making the grunting noises in voice. Other day in MK I was at the bank and someone stood behind me and started howling then said he was going to bang me hard all night. I'm guessing does this to every woman and probably not banned as no one bothered complaining including me.

Usually someone just gets muted from voice, unless its hate speech in which case it can lead to a temp/ban from game.

If I remember Oghmir got banned for duping trinkets, not for scamming. He found a way to copy over the data from a good trinket to a bad one, but it only showed new stats in trade window. Once someone got it in inventory it reverted to real stats.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Sorry but wasn't Thymorical this miscreant dude who was constantly shittalking and could not keep his identity politics bullshit to himself?
Yeah sorry but Im pretty sure he was warned A LOT of times but he still chose to be an angry, edgy little 14 year old right-winger with a fedora anyway.
Being a dick in game is okay in my book but some people, including him, just overdo it. He most likely got warned multiple times and just kept going on because he wanted to be a entitled little brat.
Thats how warnings turn into a ban.

Last edited:

ZenWit

Jan 3, 2022
The miscreants were leftists just peaceful protesting.

But the game is better off without their input.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Thymorical was able to build and maintain a gaming community however and is known to most players. His actions have had an impact on the game world for good or bad but nonetheless impactful, which is more then most players can say. Losing this player permanently when there are already so few players is detrimental to the game. I believe a compromise should be worked, potentially a 1-4week ban depending on the severity of his infraction. Unless of course he compromised the integrity of the game with cheats and exploiting which IMO is the gravest offense as it undermines confidence in the game. Infractions of those nature do warrant a capital punishment. I am not aware of what rule he broke or the circumstances surrounding it, I'm just chiming in here.

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
For every Miscreant that gets removed from game, probably five new players will stay. Since Miscreants intentionally bait newbs in helpchat then report them to GM's. Usually it starts by a newb getting killed by someone and writing one line in helpchat where they rage. Then someone from Miscreants baits them into raging at them, by being condescending to them and trying to humiliate them. Then they mass report to GM so the new player gets a chat ban and sometimes just leaves the game.

Generally Miscreants just do two things in game. They either bomb pets being levelled in town or they bank bomb and use alts/guildies to use the crawling hand exploit, so once they loot someone they bombed, they use crawling hand on their own crim and get the stuff. Other guilds do this as well, but mostly they target rich players in good gear for their loot. Miscreants will only target newbs when they do this, either because they know a vet will just brush it off as experience, or they fear it will effect them diplomatically. While a new player fresh out of haven will often rage about it, sometimes in coms. Which then gets them muted when they report it.

I know other guilds are almost as bad like Guttersnipes and Pergshite, but they lack sadistic bullied self harming e-kid energy that Miscreants seem to have. I understand that games like this are only way they can compensate for feeling powerless in real life, but just because they are hurt nobodies does not fill me with pity considering they intentionally try to kill the game by specifically griefing newbs only.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Thymorical was able to build and maintain a gaming community however and is known to most players. His actions have had an impact on the game world for good or bad but nonetheless impactful, which is more then most players can say. Losing this player permanently when there are already so few players is detrimental to the game. I believe a compromise should be worked, potentially a 1-4week ban depending on the severity of his infraction. Unless of course he compromised the integrity of the game with cheats and exploiting which IMO is the gravest offense as it undermines confidence in the game. Infractions of those nature do warrant a capital punishment. I am not aware of what rule he broke or the circumstances surrounding it, I'm just chiming in here.

agreed. He was like the redheaded stepchild of Miscreants, but at least he drove people to make a decision. I was cool w/ some misc dudes, but he wasn't one of them. haha. I don't mean I had anything against him, either. It was just more of like "this guy..."

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
For every Miscreant that gets removed from game, probably five new players will stay. Since Miscreants intentionally bait newbs in helpchat then report them to GM's. Usually it starts by a newb getting killed by someone and writing one line in helpchat where they rage. Then someone from Miscreants baits them into raging at them, by being condescending to them and trying to humiliate them. Then they mass report to GM so the new player gets a chat ban and sometimes just leaves the game.

Generally Miscreants just do two things in game. They either bomb pets being levelled in town or they bank bomb and use alts/guildies to use the crawling hand exploit, so once they loot someone they bombed, they use crawling hand on their own crim and get the stuff. Other guilds do this as well, but mostly they target rich players in good gear for their loot. Miscreants will only target newbs when they do this, either because they know a vet will just brush it off as experience, or they fear it will effect them diplomatically. While a new player fresh out of haven will often rage about it, sometimes in coms. Which then gets them muted when they report it.

I know other guilds are almost as bad like Guttersnipes and Pergshite, but they lack sadistic bullied self harming e-kid energy that Miscreants seem to have. I understand that games like this are only way they can compensate for feeling powerless in real life, but just because they are hurt nobodies does not fill me with pity considering they intentionally try to kill the game by specifically griefing newbs only.

minus said exploit, MO needs villains.

Reactions: CherryKush

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
The guy is 40 years old with a wife and family. He is a stand up dude. Every time I seen him trolling someone they came to him crying about something and tbh it's funny AF.

This is not some schizo basement dweller who's out there to just screw with people.

• Wow
Reactions: Rahz

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022

If the carebear rage mob succeeds in canceling all the "baddies" who will the good guys fight? Villain's are a necessary evil for a game like this to work.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
He's 40???? Poor dude.
So you're telling me a GROWN MAN whos raising a family and paying bills is commenting on other players ingame tits, spews out every word in the book and after multiple warnings (GMs give you warnings..had a few myself for telling rather mild dirty jokes lol) gets banned and then its "concerning"?

"nah the au are cuck bitches and they wanted req to be there bull.. but the req thing didnt work out so au no longer exist." taken from one of his reddit posts ;)

Thats how a 40 y.o. man conducts himself? He desperately needed his timeout xD

• Angry
Reactions: Backpackface

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
He's 40???? Poor dude.
So you're telling me a GROWN MAN whos raising a family and paying bills is commenting on other players ingame tits, spews out every word in the book and after multiple warnings (GMs give you warnings..had a few myself for telling rather mild dirty jokes lol) gets banned and then its "concerning"?

"nah the au are cuck bitches and they wanted req to be there bull.. but the req thing didnt work out so au no longer exist." taken from one of his reddit posts ;)

Thats how a 40 y.o. man conducts himself? He desperately needed his timeout xD
Why are GM's even giving warnings for dirty jokes in an M rated game with nudity? That alone makes zero sense.

Reactions: CherryKush

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
This has started to turn into people insulting eachother. Before it gets crazy, we are going to locked the thread.

If your friend was banned, appeals are handled via help centre.

• Haha
Reactions: MrDodger
Status
Not open for further replies.