This game needs INSTANCING

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
because it should be one world. you want to pickpock and trade and fight everyone, not just the people in your town. instanced cities would be chaos, just imagine of you want to trade with a guild member or a friend and he tells he dont see you, how would you instance it ? per guild? no sir. thats a really bad idea in total. just get rid of the instance idea :D

Every town is its own SINGLE instance, not 50 instances per town.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The issue is they made a way too big walking sim world that was supposed to hold "10k" (LOL) players. so instancign it and having way less people per world, especially when TC is in and people dont all live in town, will feel wicked dead.

They need to instance like haven, and make the world way smaller. But that would need a big map overhaul to cut out dead space between towns.

Regardless of what some players with way too much time on their hands think. Travel from point A to point B isnt fun 99% of the time. And if it was, the travel wasnt the fun part. They could easily half the distance between all towns and have no negative effects.

What happens when they want to leave town?
Ya this is the issue I see with the town instancing idea. Because it would be good. But it gives me MO1 tekton bridge vibes. Which had a ton of issues and was easy to camp. Towns would need like a safe zone gate area it spawns you at or something that cant be fully camped so you cant just spawn in next to a ton of reds.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The issue is they made a way too big walking sim world that was supposed to hold "10k" (LOL) players. so instancign it and having way less people per world, especially when TC is in and people dont all live in town, will feel wicked dead.

They need to instance like haven, and make the world way smaller. But that would need a big map overhaul to cut out dead space between towns.

Regardless of what some players with way too much time on their hands think. Travel from point A to point B isnt fun 99% of the time. And if it was, the travel wasnt the fun part. They could easily half the distance between all towns and have no negative effects.

Ya this is the issue I see with the town instancing idea. Because it would be good. But it gives me MO1 tekton bridge vibes. Which had a ton of issues and was easy to camp. Towns would need like a safe zone gate area it spawns you at or something that cant be fully camped so you cant just spawn in next to a ton of reds.

that too @ camp, but I'm more speaking of server stress. People could ostensibly deliberately crash the server by mass leaving in an event (like a siege.) If the game isn't ready to hold those people and they are stored somewhere, that's cool, but once they come out, unless you put a queue on town (has its own problems,) it could really spike the game or, at worst, crash it. It's a new wrinkle of cheez that is possible. My mind is always thinking of how cheesy people can be altho I admit some of the things people in MO have done surpass even my wildest thoughts.

Reactions: Jatix

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021

Just add like lictors or whatever at the spawn out point.

Or have 1 safe spawn out point and 1 unguarded one.