There has to be Housing at release

a.out

May 28, 2020
Looking at the updated Roadmap, it would seem that Housing got pushed back to after release. This is a bad idea. If there is no Housing, then Guilds will have nothing to do, except those 1 or 2 Dungeons. They will look for content elsewhere - i.e. at the gates of the cities. This will obviously have a severe impact on new player retention. I hope SV takes that into consideration.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I think 99% of players agree with this. Not being able to test housing and not having it on release is a bad bad play. Imagine the day they do add keeps/housing. Its going to be a rush to log in with your guild and claim/build because you'd have time to max your characters and have a resource stockpile.

So basically its gonna feel like ArcheAge house rush. and if you aren't there within the first 15 minutes you aren't getting your spot. Having housing on day one would make it much more enjoyable with people rushing to get their gold/resources up to build their houses where they want. Or guilds working collectively to make the first claim on a keep.

Basically it would just make for a much better start of a game to have in it on launch day.

We are coming up on nearly a month until persistence though. So I don't see it happening.

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
I strongly disagree. There is plenty to do outside of housing. The sand box is full of sand, you just need to bring your imagination to have fun with it.

Guilds can still fight over resources and level up crafting proffessions, gearing up for the TC release.

a.out

May 28, 2020
We are coming up on nearly a month until persistence though. So I don't see it happening.
I think they should delay persistence.
I strongly disagree. There is plenty to do outside of housing. The sand box is full of sand, you just need to bring your imagination to have fun with it.
They will make their own fun. That is my point. You are delusional if you believe that rather than looking for the pvp kick, they'll just go into the jungle and pick flowers instead. They would, however, maybe pick some wood and stone for their houses.

Looking at the updated Roadmap, it would seem that Housing got pushed back to after release. This is a bad idea. If there is no Housing, then Guilds will have nothing to do, except those 1 or 2 Dungeons. They will look for content elsewhere - i.e. at the gates of the cities. This will obviously have a severe impact on new player retention. I hope SV takes that into consideration.
Welcome to mortal online 2, " mortal online 1 " same adminstration, same performance, same bad call's, same every thing but better graphics yooo 😋.

What guilds will do! Easy kill guards 😂 kill the guards to kill player's yooo.

Reactions: Fang

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
the start of mo1 gave us roaming bands of pks hitting all the pve hotspots and farming everyone down repeatedly after maybe the first day of chaos where everyone was trying to get started. i dont suppose mo2 to be much different (tho hopefully there won't be active dupes on day 1 to ruin the economy this time).

henrik thinks rep will keep people from rampant pk action but there will always be blue guildies or alts to run supplies in/out of towns. maybe the community will surprise us but i dont see much changing for the mo2 release.

-barcode

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Unpopular opinion, but it really doesn't. We need to stop framing "release" as the be all end all of the game's ability to succeed. The game is clearly unfinished and therefore releasing in an early access state. We're buying into the idea of what the game could be, not what it is now.

So long as they keep up a regular release cadence of content whether that be bi weekly or monthly, people will continue to sub and login to check out the new content. If a particular patch releases and hooks players back in, that's a net positive to the ingame active playerbase. In turn, the game should grow over time. We only need to look at other EA titles that do this well to know that it works e.g. Rust, Valheim etc.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Unpopular opinion, but it really doesn't. We need to stop framing "release" as the be all end all of the game's ability to succeed. The game is clearly unfinished and therefore releasing in an early access state. We're buying into the idea of what the game could be, not what it is now.

So long as they keep up a regular release cadence of content whether that be bi weekly or monthly, people will continue to sub and login to check out the new content. If a particular patch releases and hooks players back in, that's a net positive to the ingame active playerbase. In turn, the game should grow over time. We only need to look at other EA titles that do this well to know that it works e.g. Rust, Valheim etc.
Everyone gets that this kind of game will always be unfinished. That is not at all the point. Try reading again.

Housing means hotspots, means areas of conflict, means resource and money sink, means logistics, means less bored people farming new players out of the gate. Two dungeons wont cut it. This is not mortal online one, where there is some grace period cuz people are busy figuring shit out.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Everyone gets that this kind of game will always be unfinished. That is not at all the point. Try reading again.

This will obviously have a severe impact on new player retention. I hope SV takes that into consideration.

EDIT: I can appreciate that not having enough content for your players to do could encourage them toward griefing new players for the lulz. That said, I think this will always be an issue especially considering there will always be groups who don't have a large investment in TC/Housing anyway.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
We need to stop framing "release" as the be all end all of the game's ability to succeed. The game is clearly unfinished and therefore releasing in an early access state.
Some of us already do not frame it that way ("relsease" as the be all, end all of the game's ability to succeed). We know better. We know it might not be. Probably won't be the end.

And, yes, the game is clearly unfinished.

But don't discount the fact that a portion of the people following it now, playing it now, playing it off and on and waiting for "release" are doing so in order to see how fast they can make it fail, if they can make it fail, once it's released. It's a meta-game.

• What the proportion of this portion to the whole is, I don't know.

As a matter of fact, the game is unfinished and developers plan to keep on developing, enhancing, reworking, imroving , expanding, and correcting it.
Now let me tell you the story, the legend, the narrative that's already being told and will be enhanced by whatever whinging about what's not in the game yet at persisence:

It's already failed and dead.
It's just a re-skin.
Everything in it is broken.
It's going to fail on release because it's never going to get another feature/update/something we had in MO1 that isn't here anymore.

These are the big, round frames.
These things are not proven and in some cases laughably untrue. But it's a game for some to say these things to see if they can look like they knew best all along, or to bolster recruitment to their various playstyles, or because they're pissed that there's a Haven for newbies, or
whatever.

Now: I agree with the poster sometimes known as
@a.out that Housing should exist before "lrelease" and that persistence should be delayed. There is, as someone else said, plenty of other stuff to do, but not all of what could be done will make guilds who want to build want to stay.
Housing means hotspots, means areas of conflict, means resource and money sink, means logistics, means less bored people farming new players out of the gate. Two dungeons wont cut it. This is not mortal online one, where there is some grace period cuz people are busy figuring shit out.
Some people, bored or not, are looking forward to bottom-feeding / farming new players, somehow.
Some just want a combat arena without a lot of the depth & features already extant or already planned.
Some are even looking for any means possible to punish Star Vault for not being out of business, yet.
But they will wait.

Let me repeat, they will wait if the release into persistence is postponed. Some of them will talk shit about it, but they would anyway. You (and Star Vault) couldn't get rid of them if you tried.

#MarkMyWords

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokolo

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021

Only difference is that those games dosent charge a sub.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
make it 500 million granum stacks per hold, that should give enough time and gameplay.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
I agree that housing should be in at persistence and that it should be delayed until we have it.

Personally though I find enough enjoyment in the game as it is and will play it. I do hope we get at least some hints like skills before launch that ensures housing in the next patch after persistence or the one after.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I think we all agree that it would be better if "release" started with the most features possible, housing being a big one. However we all probably also agree that devs need to get paid so SV has to do what SV has to do - this is just the reality of game development, especially for small niches like MO.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Personally though I find enough enjoyment in the game as it is and will play it. I do hope we get at least some hints like skills before launch that ensures housing in the next patch after persistence or the one after.
Yes, I understand that. I'm not worried about my personal enjoyment. I'm worried about another missed opportunity. By announcing "persistence" as actual release date on steam, there will be some hype build up and I fear it will go poof for aforementioned reasons. Not to mention it will be a completely untested core system and its first iteration.

It's just a lot of risk SV is taking here on top of it being a risky niche in the first place.
I think we all agree that it would be better if "release" started with the most features possible,
It's not about quantity, but quality. Housing/Territory Control is a fundamental core component that creates the actual gameplay and not just "a" feature.

Last edited:

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021

Guilds can still fight over resources and level up crafting proffessions, gearing up for the TC release.
why do that then you can just kill anyone going to town, just wait and they die. no reason to hold a resource

Reactions: Draug