The speed gap.

Do you like the current speed gap?

• Yes, its fine as is.

• No, it needs to be larger.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The Stam refill clade I don't think even works at all at this point.
Just tested it...yeah its just literally nerfed into the ground. I have 318 stam on my character...got to 8, timed 10s without, gained about 210 stam. Got to 8 again and popped the buff and got to 300......so SV thinks I'm going to stand still for 10s to get my full stam bar back now?

The ONLY way this small of an increase is viable is if the buff lasts 60 s minimum so you can have better stam regen over a period of time. If its 10s duration that stam regen needs to be SIGNIFICANLY higher...that's pitiful that they'd go from 1 extreme to the next....

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
SV just wants thursar supreme at this point and its extremely obvious from all the bias theyve gotten since day 1 mo1.

Like how they gave bonus attributes to other races based on their con + dex difference from thur khur in later mo1 patches, and all of the times they show them over the other races in media.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I haven't tested recently because I'm currently playing fat mage due to the int curve. But last time I tested alvarin clade regen buff it was a 10% faster regen while standing still:

1617680871296.png

I would agree this could use a buff. I'd consider adding a lesser buff while walking (in or out of combat) but not sprinting and potentially raising the numbers.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
if the stam regen buff works while running/sprinting and not just standing still then perhaps its still got some use, perhaps it simply gives x many stam per second for the duration

-barcode

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
if the stam regen buff works while running/sprinting and not just standing still then perhaps its still got some use, perhaps it simply gives x many stam per second for the duration

-barcode

Standing still bonus IS useful. Every time a mage goes to cast a spell that's 10% more stam regen while they do. There also are generally points you can stand still temporarily in most fights, particularly group fights, if you are aware and choose to consciously make use of this bonus. I got a lot of use out of this buff as an alvarin when I had it.

But it is true that it won't come into play much if any when you need it most (when attempting to run from a target that isn't breaking off). If you had faster restam while walking, it actually would come into play during hot pursuits.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Given that 71% so far feel like things are NOT ok as they are now, it seems rather obvious this needs to change.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I tried telling Henrik and his fanboys that veelas were trash after he nerfed them (from 450 spd stout to 434), but they wouldnt listen. Apparently their clades make them super op or something. I used to roll one in early alpha but human paladins are better in every way, the only thing veelas got going for them is the fall damage clade. But its clearly not enough. Being unable to disengage from fights has made the game completely zerg based, unless your somewhere like GK or Kran.

I keep hearing that in MO1 speed was "king", but thats bullshit. A Thursar was very capable of stickying down even a lean veela if they were any good at stickying, and if the veela was good at juking it was hard. But it felt balanced. I think Henrik only played MO1 at Awakening when veelas had turbo and got that idea stuck in his head.

And no stam bows are just as retarded, if not even more than in MO1. But at least there you had a counter play with tower shields. Now archers can just stay on you while using almost zero stam to peg you for 40s. Very balanced. I guess trying small scale in anything other than ogh or cron is pointless atm
So much truth in one post. +1

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
This probably won't change until more and more people reroll off Alvarin.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I just wanna say I kited a 5 man group from Loveshack to Vadda and lost them in the woods without dying. I was on my OGHMIR and one of the guys chasing was a naked Alvarin. He might could have eventually killed me if he was a melee because he wouldn't have had to stop to cast his fulminate. But still...Oghmir lmao.

Oh and when I took too much damage from the bow/fulminate combo I'd just smoke the crap pipe and bandage up while still kiting. Tell me again why I'd want to play Alvarin? Oh right, the fall damage...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BongRips

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
You guys need to reroll your Alvarins to another race SV needs to see people are not using them as much and then they might do something.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Apparently balance changes won't happen until after the stress test, according to Henrik they are fully focused on the servers. (Which is fair)

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Every race is gonna get nerfed if everyone decides to reroll into different clades until every race just sucks across the board or are skins at this point.

The mo1 style stat cap system is just bad and is impossible to balance without having anything stick out as being overpowered or unsalvagable garbage.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Alvarin, humans and thursars are all viable and oghmirs smoke rocks live on scene mid fight.

It’s definitely not mo1 racial balance

belad

Apr 8, 2021
I used to play this shoddy first person shooter, I used to use a sword in it. I would always be in the top ranks in deathmatch, sometimes even pulling unrivalled scores. no one else ever used a melee weapon. I maxed out speed and jumping to do this. when I found out there was a fast moving, high jumping race in this I was super excited so I could balance out with the harder hitting thursars in the sword despite all their clade advantages for swordsmanship that you could use your specific personal skills which relies on speed and high jumping to beat them and not melee related clades. that really hardcore sucks, got my hopes up, was hoping to put my skills to use. I hope they fix this speed, for my play style I don't need melee effects just a bit more speed. :/ I wouldn't even care about an archery skill.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
There is, if you listen to Henrik's streams. Apparently they go off of number of players playing the race to determine if it's "doing well".
this is a *terrible* metric to use. while it may be an interesting datapoint to consider, it should be of only minor relevence as not enough time has passed (and the systems are not flushed out enough) for it to have any weight. i get that henrik doesnt want this to be thur/khur online again but balancing via popularity is simply idiotic.

-barcode

Reactions: BongRips