The Pathway Forward for MO2!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Someone deleted my thread! That's cool, because I will type it again loool. I said basically that MO2's decline in pop was not unforseen. It was at least a year coming. AND SO, these are the things I believe MO2 MUST ADDRESS to move forward and get their 2000 max players. I am thinking within the limitations that MO2 has as well. Ahem.

Melee combat has to change!

The defensive/parry meta is the worst part of the game. It's not about skill as there are other ways to add skill, and special attacks COULD be cool, but finding a way for players to actually hit each other more should be the direction they move in. Click swing damage is a good start!

Magic must be accessible!

This is true with all content, beast mastery as well. There has been enough time in game years that there should be masters of said magic/skills in the wild who are willing to sell scrolls or whatever for GOLD. They should NOT be too expensive, hundreds max. It is essential for everyone to have access to all magic. Making it gated is bad for the game.

Archery must matter against armor!

There has been talk of arrow speed increase, and while I mostly disagree with that, I wouldn't mind a SLIGHT increase for short bows and a larger increase for higher strength bows, and a leveling out of damage so that archery can be A PLAYSTYLE.

Shields must be balanced!

I've heard that they are going to do weight, and I have read that people suggested that you lose turn ability or speed while holding a shield. I am not sure what the actual answer is, but they must have a hard counter. For instance, if BLUNT weapons caused massive damage users (bang the gong) that would be a cool counter. It would switch things up and make for more diverse armies.

Siege must be easier/working!

Siege is an important part of keeping the game balanced. It should be very feasible to siege someone if you have the people + the mangs. It shouldn't be a big deal at all. The only thing that should be really hard to siege is keeps, and keeps should offer TC bonuses so that they really matter. Everyone without a keep should be vulnerable to siege + have to farm their ass off to have a large TC presence.

Clade gain must be increased somehow!

The pathway to max clade is arduous. It's easy to spec a character, but clading is tedious grind. It shouldn't be that bad. Maybe it should be for the last few levels, but there should be an easy path to clading C14-16.

____

It seems there is a lot of panic about the state of MO, and rightly so, but it has been that way. It just finally hit everyone when TC flopped. These are not complicated changes and can lead to MORE changes. These are literally one patch changes, changing numbers and maybe then going back and rebalancing a few times. The game needs to be cut throat and not 'solo friendly' but a solo player should be able to do something in a fight instead of getting mercilessly parried / blasted with S tier magic they will probably never get. Fartbox isn't wrong, but he's missing part of the point.

Peace, I might edit this cuz it's not as pretty as my first post. I usually copy them, but I didn't that one. I will from now. I SEE U GUYS. - WWF point -

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
The stuff about TC is just wrong. You say everyone without a keep should be a easy target wheres most sieges should be around keeps. Nothing will drain players more than having their villages removed over night or whenever someone feels like doing so.

Sieges should be mostly around keeps. Village sieges should not be the main thing. What they need to find a solution to is placing houses withing territory that is already claimed and is hard to remove tho.

manure

May 7, 2022
Someone deleted my thread! That's cool, because I will type it again loool. I said basically that MO2's decline in pop was not unforseen. It was at least a year coming. AND SO, these are the things I believe MO2 MUST ADDRESS to move forward and get their 2000 max players. I am thinking within the limitations that MO2 has as well. Ahem.

Melee combat has to change!

The defensive/parry meta is the worst part of the game. It's not about skill as there are other ways to add skill, and special attacks COULD be cool, but finding a way for players to actually hit each other more should be the direction they move in. Click swing damage is a good start!

Magic must be accessible!

This is true with all content, beast mastery as well. There has been enough time in game years that there should be masters of said magic/skills in the wild who are willing to sell scrolls or whatever for GOLD. They should NOT be too expensive, hundreds max. It is essential for everyone to have access to all magic. Making it gated is bad for the game.

Archery must matter against armor!

There has been talk of arrow speed increase, and while I mostly disagree with that, I wouldn't mind a SLIGHT increase for short bows and a larger increase for higher strength bows, and a leveling out of damage so that archery can be A PLAYSTYLE.

Shields must be balanced!

I've heard that they are going to do weight, and I have read that people suggested that you lose turn ability or speed while holding a shield. I am not sure what the actual answer is, but they must have a hard counter. For instance, if BLUNT weapons caused massive damage users (bang the gong) that would be a cool counter. It would switch things up and make for more diverse armies.

Siege must be easier/working!

Siege is an important part of keeping the game balanced. It should be very feasible to siege someone if you have the people + the mangs. It shouldn't be a big deal at all. The only thing that should be really hard to siege is keeps, and keeps should offer TC bonuses so that they really matter. Everyone without a keep should be vulnerable to siege + have to farm their ass off to have a large TC presence.

Clade gain must be increased somehow!

The pathway to max clade is arduous. It's easy to spec a character, but clading is tedious grind. It shouldn't be that bad. Maybe it should be for the last few levels, but there should be an easy path to clading C14-16.

EMDASH, there are some good ideas, but you fail miserably in one thing : Your focus is only PvP and battles !!
MO2 is much more than that, or at least it should be !

Take me, for example... I dont care, and even do not like PvPing. Im on this game ONLY for one thing : THIEVING ! Since they promised there would be Thieving on this game since the beginning, I started to play and have been PKing since day one while I wait. The only thing I do on this game is to Ambush people and PK them (Much different from PvP)... As soon as they release thieving, I will NEVER EVER fight again.

Plus, there are those who prefer fishing.... Why not adding cool stuff for them in the game ?
What about those who enjoy treasure hunting ? Why not adding hidden treasures and Picklocking for them ?

What about people who enjoy hunting ? Why not adding new animals ? Alligators ? Sea monsters ?

And those people who loves alchemy ? Why not adding POisoning ??

What about who enjoys breeding horses ?

What about Tailors ?? Fancy clothings....

Do you see ? Theres many cool stuff to gather all kinds of gamestyles... But the devs only focus on PvP... and BADLY.... They are not even capable of pleasing PvPers !!!

For god´s sake, we need content ! We need more than PvP ! Actually, I think we need new devs... :(

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Ever since I started using my footie more often than my beastmaster mage I couldnt agree more. What gets me the most is that players can parry a hit when their back is facing towards you. Its wild that a guy can just run away while down blocking my spear. Seems really janky and unrealistic in my opinion and makes fighting against veelas complete hell. In what melee PVP game does this make sense????

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Ever since I started using my footie more often than my beastmaster mage I couldnt agree more. What gets me the most is that players can parry a hit when their back is facing towards you. Its wild that a guy can just run away while down blocking my spear. Seems really janky and unrealistic in my opinion and makes fighting against veelas complete hell. In what melee PVP game does this make sense????
now there are other rules. now, in order to attack someone with a spear from the back or lying down, the attacker must first suck the penis of his victim

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
now there are other rules. now, in order to attack someone with a spear from the back or lying down, the attacker must first suck the penis of his victim
Such a shame too because everyones dong looks the same regardless of race and weight :/

What if I only wanna give sloppy toppy to hairy Ohgmir dong with Foreskin? Or cheesy thursar dong with that forbidden delacacy known as fromunda cheese

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Such a shame too because everyones dong looks the same regardless of race and weight :/

What if I only wanna give sloppy toppy to hairy Ohgmir dong with Foreskin? Or cheesy thursar dong with that forbidden delacacy known as fromunda cheese
and you, Mister, it turns out to be a connoisseur of refined smells:D

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
EMDASH, there are some good ideas, but you fail miserably in one thing : Your focus is only PvP and battles !!
MO2 is much more than that, or at least it should be !

Take me, for example... I dont care, and even do not like PvPing. Im on this game ONLY for one thing : THIEVING ! Since they promised there would be Thieving on this game since the beginning, I started to play and have been PKing since day one while I wait. The only thing I do on this game is to Ambush people and PK them (Much different from PvP)... As soon as they release thieving, I will NEVER EVER fight again.

Plus, there are those who prefer fishing.... Why not adding cool stuff for them in the game ?
What about those who enjoy treasure hunting ? Why not adding hidden treasures and Picklocking for them ?

What about people who enjoy hunting ? Why not adding new animals ? Alligators ? Sea monsters ?

And those people who loves alchemy ? Why not adding POisoning ??

What about who enjoys breeding horses ?

What about Tailors ?? Fancy clothings....

Do you see ? Theres many cool stuff to gather all kinds of gamestyles... But the devs only focus on PvP... and BADLY.... They are not even capable of pleasing PvPers !!!

For god´s sake, we need content ! We need more than PvP ! Actually, I think we need new devs...

I got all kinds of ideas. haha. I'm not even a hardcore pvper, but I see what I see. Like I've repeated, I am out there doing Raylie Reports, too, and listening to what actual players are saying about the game. We do need content, but the point is SV could balance the pvp and make the game more interesting basically overnight. All of their content has been fail thus far. I chuckle when I see someone riding a terror bird for instance. I feel like shooting them. WITH NO ARROW TIP AIM augh.

Trust me, I have written so much. Some of it I was just wilin out and bored, but my writing edits itself, what I repeat are what I think are good ideas, or at least good in theory, as in the 'core' that I am trying to suggest from is correct. Someone might have a better way to correct the problem, though, but I am pretty sure I know the problem.

All the stuff you are talking about was in MO1! Remember I was a main cook in MO1 haha, I know what it's like to get derped out and feel like they are gonna add all the content to the game on day 1 of release ( like they acted haha,) and get nothing. Still can't even name food.

The stuff about TC is just wrong. You say everyone without a keep should be a easy target wheres most sieges should be around keeps. Nothing will drain players more than having their villages removed over night or whenever someone feels like doing so.

Sieges should be mostly around keeps. Village sieges should not be the main thing. What they need to find a solution to is placing houses withing territory that is already claimed and is hard to remove tho.

Yeah, but a keep is a huge accomplishment. They should control things. Villages will get sieged, they will get rebuilt. If you get someone mad enough at you, they should be able to siege your village imo. Where as it should be a big thing, like you should have to involve other keep owners (mafia style) in order to siege keeps. I don't mean easy target, but I mean it should be doable. I built a house in Hyl and the guild who owns the area hates me, and they put a guard post outside of my house instead of knocking it down. I am one of the only people with a house there that isn't allied with them. I feel like, in this system, they are taking the L if they siege, and they wanna see it fall to taxes. Not til sub! I don't even enjoy MO anymore, but I'm gonna hold that out at least.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Yeah, that's a ping issue, sometimes, too. It's tough to make skill based combat when both people's screens aren't showing the same thing. But I do think people can parry almost directly behind them, I dunno if that's what is happening, can't be sure til you see their screen, too. The thing is with a spear, it'd actually be hard to block in life, but in MO it's just center.

But other than the people who put hours and hours into practice ( and most of them see it now, too) nobody appreciates the defensive meta. It should be BLOODBATH. There are plenty of skills w/ swing reach and lateral movement, kiting, dpsing people at the right time in team fights. They made it too much about 'charge' and 'parry.' It hurts my head because ONCE YOU CHARGE AN ATTACK, if someone knows what direction you charged, there is nothing you can do. It's not like you could charge right and go after the left side of their body with movement.

Edit: also bc about talking to Melly, he will have you talking about dicks in no time.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Yeah, that's a ping issue, sometimes, too. It's tough to make skill based combat when both people's screens aren't showing the same thing. But I do think people can parry almost directly behind them, I dunno if that's what is happening, can't be sure til you see their screen, too.
We run a weekly PVP training and you can in fact down parry a dagger veela that is stab spamming you from behind without actually looking at them. If a hammer user is attacking, we practice overhead parrying from behind because apparently, we can stop hits from directly behind us lmfao. I live in Europe and got pretty good ping