The new guys are figuring it out, just a matter of time. New player Perspective

Rithavian

Dec 28, 2021
I know and respect that they don't want speedy dex builds to be kings, but i mean... The fact that I can't really get away from a full plate wearing footie as a naked mage is baffling. Wearing heavy armor should have a downside over wearing lighter armor. Else, why would anyone ever wear anything but heavy armor aside from mages for mana regen?

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
The Facts are this, The gaming community that has been in other games and felt what good balance feels like all the time, with games that are similar like this are showing up here and seeing there's a clear bias in the balance to Heavy Armored FFs. just because they are new to this game doesn't mean they cant feel that something is off and clearly unbalanced. and not just in 1v1s... so we're clear, the group mechanic doesn't change basic functionality of the feel of the class to it's core.

I've found that these "infants" have more IQ and intellectual depth and insight in the game than some of the convo's I've held on this Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: Serverus

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The Facts are this, The gaming community that has been in other games and felt what good balance feels like all the time, with games that are similar like this are showing up here and seeing there's a clear bias in the balance to Heavy Armored FFs. just because they are new to this game doesn't mean they cant feel that something is off and clearly unbalanced. and not just in 1v1s... so we're clear, the group mechanic doesn't change basic functionality of the feel of the class to it's core.

I've found that these "infants" have more IQ and intellectual depth and insight in the game than some of the convo's I've held on this Forum
The facts are you took a random anecdote with no context and extrapolated it to be relevant to everything.
Mages aren’t bad in pvp. They’re bad in pve.

also do you play mmos? Support roles suck at duels.

do you lose a duel on a holy paladin 1v1 in wow and conclude the balance is off?
Mo mage gets to play dps and support you can 1v1 but it’s just not intended. That’s the actual balance you’re supposed to play support

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
The facts are you took a random anecdote with no context and extrapolated it to be relevant to everything.
Mages aren’t bad in pvp. They’re bad in pve.

also do you play mmos? Support roles suck at duels.

do you lose a duel on a holy paladin 1v1 in wow and conclude the balance is off?
Mo mage gets to play dps and support you can 1v1 but it’s just not intended. That’s the actual balance you’re supposed to play support

It wasn't a Random Anecdote, the same conversation we're having now, is the same one that was happening in Help chat, with fresh new people chiming in on the topic. and the Outlooks were the same from everyone that figured out the balance of the game, and what they are hearing from the Vets.

Support roles? yes they are weaker... the thing is technically MO doesn't have role specific classes, it's the Magic school that's more or less called the support class, but if you look at the magic schools from MO1 Ecu has more damage spells than necro, where they turn the ranged class into near Melee class, You know how close Death Hand is, There's not much synergy to the class. they take the worst ideas for it and put it out of it's element. which is damage from a distance.

and again even in Group fights these classes have so many Handicaps, and so many restrictions it doesn't even do well in it's intended role.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It wasn't a Random Anecdote, the same conversation we're having now, is the same one that was happening in Help chat, with fresh new people chiming in on the topic. and the Outlooks were the same from everyone that figured out the balance of the game, and what they are hearing from the Vets.

Support roles? yes they are weaker... the thing is technically MO doesn't have role specific classes, it's the Magic school that's more or less called the support class, but if you look at the magic schools from MO1 Ecu has more damage spells than necro, where they turn the ranged class into near Melee class, You know how close Death Hand is, There's not much synergy to the class. they take the worst ideas for it and put it out of it's element. which is damage from a distance.

and again even in Group fights these classes have so many Handicaps, and so many restrictions it doesn't even do well in it's intended role.
Yeah so it has to be balanced under a totality in mo. That is that almost all mages will have ecumenical.

now if they wanted to make a school where you had to be locked out of casting other spells for an extended period of time they could try making a pure dps class.

the deficiency of mages is really in solo pve where they have carry weight limitations and get interrupted and low dps

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Yeah so it has to be balanced under a totality in mo. That is that almost all mages will have ecumenical.

now if they wanted to make a school where you had to be locked out of casting other spells for an extended period of time they could try making a pure dps class.

the deficiency of mages is really in solo pve where they have carry weight limitations and get interrupted and low dps
See, I'm trying to understand why that's the way everyone see's the class like that? what if we restricted FFs from switching weapons in the middle of a fight? would that feel fun having restrictions on your gameplay? because it's a DPS class, we need to restrict it so it's easy to read and counter.

by that logic that's what we need to do to DPS classes

there's a clear bias when it comes to Mages where everyone has a handicap idea to put it into a wheelchair

don't forget that over a Minute of complete DPS the other classes outshine Mages in damage by a longshot it's not the strongest DPS class

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
See, I'm trying to understand why that's the way everyone see's the class like that? what if we restricted FFs from switching weapons in the middle of a fight? would that feel fun having restrictions on your gameplay? because it's a DPS class, we need to restrict it so it's easy to read and counter.

by that logic that's what we need to do to DPS classes

there's a clear bias when it comes to Mages where everyone has a handicap idea to put it into a wheelchair

dont forget that over a Minute of complete DPS the other classes outshine Mages in damage by a longshot it's not the strongest DPS class
Sure, make spells parryable and also castable and melee range only and we can increase the dps and you can have as many schools as you like.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Sure, make spells parryable and also castable and melee range only and we can increase the dps and you can have as many schools as you like.
I'd take that, with casting the same time as swing, and mana regen as fast as stamina regen, and make me move while casting, and we can even be on equal ground with damage. And the ability to wear Heavy armor without it affecting DPS. And a way to reflect 100% of the damage you could put out to me

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I think we should all agree to wait for the other magic schools. Necromancy alone opened up the ability to be in melee as a mage (somewhat) with death hand. Now imagine all the other schools that will hopefully be added. Elementalism added an air push ability that launched players backwards (sometimes off cliffs for insta kills) so as it currently stands and has stood for years just ecumenical spells are not enough to make a mage scary to deal with.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Fat mages are fine. Only problem is the fat mage and fat mage-adjacent (bulging sheev) are the only mage play style that is competitive.

Every other class has at least 2 meta specs.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I know and respect that they don't want speedy dex builds to be kings, but i mean... The fact that I can't really get away from a full plate wearing footie as a naked mage is baffling. Wearing heavy armor should have a downside over wearing lighter armor. Else, why would anyone ever wear anything but heavy armor aside from mages for mana regen?

Cuz they want stam haha. If they can land hits and get in and out, in the end, everyone else is gonna be bled out. If you can go without face tanking everyone you can really do some work, IMO. The dmg difference is substantial, but so is the stam. It's not in a good place, but it's getting closer.

You get balance ( the skill), you roll elf, and you get those run buffs, nobody is going to be killing you unless they do it w/ ranged. But they could kill people with ranged (magic, etc) if you had on heavy armor. You are getting more sets, less money invested, more running around the world, more JUMP which people really underrate. Everyone is saying they wish jump cost less stam, but being an elf and being able to jump w/ wep out is already sooo OP, esp if you're in light armor and are jumping like 500+.

People think they understand the game right now, but they don't. That's all I can say, people are sleeping on a lot of things. They are sleeping on light armor (if anything, there is not enough gear diff imo for heavy armor), they are sleeping on Thursar clade for a banger fighter... like I said all I've seen from being in this community is it's REALLY SLOW at learning. You look at alchemy and shit and how it's basically just dumping shit on top of a base and people were struggling with that. Of course, it was harder cuz of the time it takes to get salv oil, but compared to cooking lool. And nobody really figured that shit out pre-extra soph ingredients. Maybe like one or two people.

These kids got the mental toughness, some of them, but a lot of them don't understand anything in a broader view. I think the game is fucky in a lot of ways, but it only needs minor tweaks. There is a lot of good stuff. If you get kilt by a footie on a mage you blew it, or they did a perfect push. Either that or you gave up your life to throw a spell at someone haha.

Put it this way, every time I play MO I am like MAN I SHOULD BUY ANOTHER ACCT TO ROLL AN ELF. If you're already an elf, why hamper yourself with stam penalties and jump penalties? It's def a 'more serious' playstyle, but it also has less loss and is WAY more fun. Feeling the wind thru your hair, jumping up on stuff people can't jump on. Skating away from dudes trying to finish you off. If you're gonna go straight in every time then yea heavy armor is for you, but if you're gonna let the armor bleed their stam out (cuz they aren't gonna be able to regen)... I dunno. I just don't wanna be getting knocked for like 40+ with regular weps and I'm good.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
This game will never be balanced for 1v1s. You'll have some builds that are OP for solo roaming, some are OP for groups, an some are OP in certain situations/environments. Than you'll just have some builds that are hard counters to certain builds. So the question isn't really how do we balance the game the question is how do we keep everything viable?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This game will never be balanced for 1v1s. You'll have some builds that are OP for solo roaming, some are OP for groups, an some are OP in certain situations/environments. Than you'll just have some builds that are hard counters to certain builds. So the question isn't really how do we balance the game the question is how do we keep everything viable?
You can balance it for both 1v1s 1vXs and group v group. Of course some builds with be better at solo vs group but doesnt mean ignore 1v1s which are still very important in the game. The game needs more viability and solo to small group content.

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
Well, as it all started with my thought I think I will have to state something.
I have a mage. Foot human mage. And a heavy sheevra warrior. Guess who excels better at solo pve? Yes, footie. In Group pve? Mage as he supports others. In small Scale pvp mage is nothing but an addition to good foot Group. Its powerful But on footie I can jump into enemy Group with my clades up and kill them all in Split second. Then I run out. Power of heavy dex warrior.
And Yes, I should be opposed by magic and weakspot. It is sick how much dps I can squeeze from my footie vs my mage.

• Love
Reactions: AssassinOTL

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Well, as it all started with my thought I think I will have to state something.
I have a mage. Foot human mage. And a heavy sheevra warrior. Guess who excels better at solo pve? Yes, footie. In Group pve? Mage as he supports others. In small Scale pvp mage is nothing but an addition to good foot Group. Its powerful But on footie I can jump into enemy Group with my clades up and kill them all in Split second. Then I run out. Power of heavy dex warrior.
And Yes, I should be opposed by magic and weakspot. It is sick how much dps I can squeeze from my footie vs my mage.
I agree and the fact that they are trolling that it's not the best and most OP thing in the game currently while everything gets a nerf is just dishonest and shameful, i dont want their gameplay to change, by all means let them keep their baseline, but make everything else compliment the class instead of nerfing everything around it, so others can have fun engaging gameplay loops