The biggest time waste ingame and how it affects the playerbase

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
This.

It is defensible because the design is SUPPOSED to be a vulnerability window.

In a heathy PVP sandbox there needs to be vulnerability throughout the procurement chain. If miners are the only ones taking risk and once it is banked by them the materials are ‘Safe’ until lost by an end user the system is out of balance. Ideally (especially in a limited skill point system) the processor and crafter also have vulnerability and risk to contend with.

That is the swing and miss of SVs current extraction timers. You could probably pull them for now. Ideally though the game would best be served by revamping everything to ensure people can disrupt more than just the miners/ gatherers though as that is a lot of missed opportunities for PvP content.

I think the problem with most pvp full-loot / semi-loot games is that the reward for killing an attacker is not enough. Most people have maybe 5g worth of gear on them. Either baseline gear needs to be more expensive or I think that attackers should lose xp and a % of their bank on death like some games. The argument is usually 'they waste time', but you don't benefit from their wasted time at all

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
So I get where AC is coming from, but I also get where you are coming from, even though you are coming across like a complete elitist prick. I know because I used to say the exact same thing.

I dont make steel because of the time grind in doing it, which is easily 5 times as long as ANY other material in the game. I can make cuprum maces in 1/4th the time of a steel sword. I am talking from nothing to refined material and then the finished product. Now you could say, and I do this personally, "You dont have to make the metal yourself you can just buy it." Well some people dont want to be reliant on others for something like that. While again I dont do that myself, I can understand it.

There is a reason why my main is a fat mage with taming. Because nothing I use has to be made of steel or any metal for that matter.

There is a reason why my second toon is a melee toon who uses clubs. Because I can make them out of cuprum or incisium and be just as effective. I can wear plate out of pansar carapace and ironfur which is just as good as steel and 1/8th the cost in time and effort.
I think the issue is that the time investment, like other things in this game, don't feel balanced start to finish.

Its not that the philosophy is wrong, its just, like a lot of other things in MO2. Not very fun.