Taming is broken...?

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
So I've spent the last ~20 hours of gameplay exploring taming. This skill is legitimately broken and I hope it's fixed soon.

I have had almost every single animal tamed disappear on me. They didn't run away, they glitched out of existence. They were still in my pet log, but there is no way to recall them.

After first thinking that this was just because I was running too fast on a horse, I switched to only walking. This didn't fix anything, with the most recent example being 2 young black bears I had just tamed and literally disappeared when I pressed follow.

I've had horses glitch into walls, a shore prowler that could only attack once and then both it and the mob would freeze, multiple bears disappear, a dire wolf disappear.

I bought a black bear from the pet broker for 30g only to have the gold disappear and the black bear nowhere to be found (it was not in the stable, and not in my pet tab)

I know it's beta, but this is literally broken and I don't see any posts about this in the search so I hope this brings it to attention.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
The game has a pet commanding range. If you tell a pet to attack something and it runs a certain distance then you will lose control over it. Ik it's stupid I agree, but they aren't really going to fix it. They want it to be like this, they have a Beast Influence ability in the future that makes it so you can control pets over longer distances but it would probably only be like double the distance of the way it is now. Pets will also get stock on the road for no reason, certain parts of the map especially the jungle the horse for example will disappear under the map, sometimes Tindrem Gate will have you disappear under the map or fly into the sky and die. Pets being bought on broker has been broken for like 3 patches now, they also moved all pets from Stables to other cities, no one seems to know what cities they are even in. Iv'e had a White Bear attack someone in a graveyard and there was no guards around, but then a few moments later it disappeared and about a few minutes I was told it had been killed. The combat log wouldn't even tell me why it was killed or what did damage to it. Worst of all full release is in a few months lol.

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
Yeah - I understand the distance part and why they likely won't change it. It would be nice if pets teleported to you when you got into town or something though just to fix this for when they get lost. Also had the shore prower disappear then like 30 minutes of travel later just suddenly reappear next to me.

How long did you manage to have your white bear before it disappeared? I can't seem to get much of anything accomplished before they glitch and die/disappear.

Maybe my bear will be in one of the other cities :/

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yeah - I understand the distance part and why they likely won't change it. It would be nice if pets teleported to you when you got into town or something though just to fix this for when they get lost. Also had the shore prower disappear then like 30 minutes of travel later just suddenly reappear next to me.

How long did you manage to have your white bear before it disappeared? I can't seem to get much of anything accomplished before they glitch and die/disappear.

Maybe my bear will be in one of the other cities :/
It's interesting that you say you wish they could teleport to you to town. Not so long ago you could Teleport spawn Pets by telling them to stay and logging off and back in and the pet would come to you. But recently for whatever reason the Developers made it so that no longer works. It only works a few feet now, so it's literally useless now.

I can keep a White Bear or any pet forever. Put your Hot keys for pet commands on the toolbars. And whenever you have your pet attack something don't let it run after it. Examples like Wolfs in the forest and Razorbacks and Springboks that run around, just don't even bother sending your pets to attack those things until those things are right on top of you. And just make sure you always put your pet commands to follow and stop attacking. As long as you don't let your pet run further then like 20 feet away you shouldn't really have a problem losing it. But some bugs in the game exist, for example pets won't follow you in a Area around Meduli that is a slope that leads to taur dogs, also the road around Fabernum pets stop moving so you gotta manually tell them to follow command over and over to get them to move, also guards like to spawn in the sky outside meduli so if you attack someone your pet can mysteriously get killed, also in the graveyard around Fabernum was where my White bear randomly disappeared and was killed by something so avoid that area too.

Reactions: IronBamboo

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
It's interesting that you say you wish they could teleport to you to town. Not so long ago you could Teleport spawn Pets by telling them to stay and logging off and back in and the pet would come to you. But recently for whatever reason the Developers made it so that no longer works. It only works a few feet now, so it's literally useless now.

I can keep a White Bear or any pet forever. Put your Hot keys for pet commands on the toolbars. And whenever you have your pet attack something don't let it run after it. Examples like Wolfs in the forest and Razorbacks and Springboks that run around, just don't even bother sending your pets to attack those things until those things are right on top of you. And just make sure you always put your pet commands to follow and stop attacking. As long as you don't let your pet run further then like 20 feet away you shouldn't really have a problem losing it. But some bugs in the game exist, for example pets won't follow you in a Area around Meduli that is a slope that leads to taur dogs, also the road around Fabernum pets stop moving so you gotta manually tell them to follow command over and over to get them to move, also guards like to spawn in the sky outside meduli so if you attack someone your pet can mysteriously get killed, also in the graveyard around Fabernum was where my White bear randomly disappeared and was killed by something so avoid that area too.

Thanks for sharing these tips! I really want to play tamer mage and have tried melee/ranged and will probably just stop playing until fixed if I can't make some decent progress today.

I'll give this stuff a try!

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
my friend , i didn't read the whole thing , but you probably discovered the nodeline issue , it should be fixed soon , and yes , it's hell for any tamer

you can read this ( sorry i'm lazy ) https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/please-fix-taming-bugs-and-nodeline-thing-bug.3193/
Thanks for explaining! I think that's part of what I've encountered. It was west of Bakti in the mountains that the bears disappeared and where my shore power got janked back into existence. So there's something going on around there for sure

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Thanks for explaining! I think that's part of what I've encountered. It was west of Bakti in the mountains that the bears disappeared and where my shore power got janked back into existence. So there's something going on around there for sure
west of bakti , that's it , you found the answer , nodeline ... there is a diagonal path going up the moutain without coming close to the real road that's doesnt stuck pets , but i found that only by luck ...

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
west of bakti , that's it , you found the answer , nodeline ... there is a diagonal path going up the moutain without coming close to the real road that's doesnt stuck pets , but i found that only by luck ...

Is there anywhere that explains where the nodelines are so I can avoid them?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The node line bug legitmentally made the game more fun. Pets are a determent to the game. It was nice having petless PvP for the time.

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
The node line bug legitmentally made the game more fun. Pets are a determent to the game. It was nice having petless PvP for the time.
I would prefer pet balancing rather than hours of progress being deleted for no reason :(

But I'm glad you're at least enjoying this time

Reactions: Raknor

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Taming itself isn't what is broken, that would probably be easier for them to fix. Getting pets to follow is a major headache, I agree with T that bears ruin pvp, but this issue affects even the more basic attempt to bring horses to town for new guild mates. It really needs to be fixed soon.

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
double post, oops spammin. Dude I was gonna make a thread about ley lines and where they were, how to get around them (not that I know them all, but we could put our heads together.) That bakti one is a doozy. There are some mountain spots, too. There aren't really that many imo, but there are enough. It's def not every node line, it's certain ones.

Had one happen to me today again to my wolf on the way from Moh Ki over the mountains to Morin Khur keep. Hope he finds his way back lol

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
Taming itself isn't what is broken, that would probably be easier for them to fix. Getting pets to follow is a major headache, I agree with T that bears ruin pvp, but this issue affects even the more basic attempt to bring horses to town for new guild mates. It really needs to be fixed soon.
Fair enough - thanks for identifying that. It's the following that's broken. Even just a button to recall pets so they spawned, or spawned when in town, would make it playable.