Sunrise/sunset lighting

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
yes, needs to reduced by 50% or so until you can see the textures (not only white and black). the vision is better at night atm. :)

Reactions: Angelo

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Maybe its just me
No, it's not just you:

JsM7kzI.png

This is the sky just before sunrise near Bakti in the forest. You can't see many details of the trees, but the sky is getting light, and the clouds turning pink. As soon as the sun is above Nave's horizon, you won't see any detail on the trees, as they will be shadow-side toward you, and the sky along with the morning sun shining from the west and the gaps (such as trails) through the trees will be almost unbearably bright.

Star Vault should turn down the contrast a bit or advise players to wear sunglasses or ski goggles to play— in the name of realism

Reactions: Angelo

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Totally agree. For me its unplayable at sunrise and sunset. Also everything is too bright by the day. Also Nightvision clade gift does not do anything. So basically just lower the contrast a bit and lower the brightness of the white.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
No, it's not just you:

JsM7kzI.png

This is the sky just before sunrise near Bakti in the forest. You can't see many details of the trees, but the sky is getting light, and the clouds turning pink. As soon as the sun is above Nave's horizon, you won't see any detail on the trees, as they will be shadow-side toward you, and the sky along with the morning sun shining from the west and the gaps (such as trails) through the trees will be almost unbearably bright.

Star Vault should turn down the contrast a bit or advise players to wear sunglasses or ski goggles to play— in the name of realism
there is a problem for PvP players, you have to up your GPU gamma at dawn/sunrise (black textures) BUT can ditch it at night which is obviously not realistic even tho their is some form of eye adaption in the night but still dawn is darker than the night atm.
also alot of textures are white at sunlight which does not look good and is blinding imo.
they need to make it so that you are on the edge to black and white textures without overbrighten the original color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I liked it personally, it felt like actual daytime at noon as when I step outdoors in real life and everything around me is bright. I'll have to experience the night time to see what it's like.