Spiritism Nerf

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
Having been a spiritist for over 2600 hrs in this game (including beta) I have to say the nerf to TA is too much and the buff to Ether Momentum is poor compensation to counter balance the nerf. Now we can go nowhere fast and all players can suicide and travel as a spirit to whatever priest. Just farming spirits and fluxes is not enough. Coming out of a portal with almost no hit points ensures we will die with any spirit box we may have if any enemy is around which greatly diminishes the ability to effectively tame horses. I understand spirit scouting diminishes the game but as I suggested in Henrik's stream the render distance of visible players should have been diminished to a very short distance. If this nerf is set in stone then something else, hopefully creative, needs to be added otherwise it's just stupid.

Footwork

Dec 9, 2021
There is ZERO point in having Transcendental Awareness in ether. It is used for resurrection solely. 2600 Hour Spiritist... Sorry you cannot split screen on this game.

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
There is ZERO point in having Transcendental Awareness in ether. It is used for resurrection solely. 2600 Hour Spiritist... Sorry you cannot split screen on this game.
There are other reasons to have TA and if you aren't creative enough to use them that's on you.

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
There are a number of other things SV could have done but didn't. Some of which have been mentioned in Discord.
1. Make it so spiritists can only cast TA with 100 in Spiritism
2. Put a cooldown timer on the spell
3. Make the spell channel spirits to use rather than 1 spirit each cast
4. Limit render distance as I've mentioned.
5. Make the spiritist visible as a ghost tot he regular world when using the spell

At least substitute another useful spell rather than some flimsy buff to Ether Momentum which isn't close to equitable.

As most of you know you can buy the spells and with duping there are too many spiritists imo. The idea that completing 2 dungeons and getting a forest troll head is a good gateway but the nerfed reward really bites.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Should have made a spell that could be cast on you and your group in the living world that blocks sight from the spirit world. That way you had the tools to block it if you wanted to. Just removing it altogether really took away from some exciting gameplay. Bad move SV.

Reactions: Melkhia

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
Should have made a spell that could be cast on you and your group in the living world that blocks sight from the spirit world. That way you had the tools to block it if you wanted to. Just removing it altogether really took away from some exciting gameplay. Bad move SV.
That's another good idea... I hope SV pays attention to these including yours

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Removing spirit scouting was the best decision SV has made in a while
If the carebears cry loud enough they'll eventually get their perfectly safe gathering and crafting simulator I guess... Tis sad...

D

Deleted member 44

As a spiritist I like the change. It does suck being extremely vulnerable while portaling out though. Maybe they could remove the resurrection lockout when using a portal.

Reactions: Footwork

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I still have spiritism, its still one of the best schools. I love MP, I love the convenience of resurrecting, I love how I can travel to places to butch which is now quicker, I think its too OP to just EZ free farm spirits for gold tho. They just need to make spirit farming either alt F4 able or actually engaging content.

They need to further remove the ability to see pets and mobs. Ghost scouting is cancer and just forces people to have to abuse ghost scouting.

This is literally the best change SV has done in the past year to the game.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

manure

May 7, 2022
Thats it.
Simple solution !

The devs should learn with people who actually play the game by reading these forums, instead of doing bad moves that unpleases the majority.

Now, where is the so promised thieving system, god damn it ???

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44