Spinning feint moves with no stamina drain?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
So from now on everytime we fight. We don't use those boring low skill ceiling fighting of Mortal.
We always gonna play a Round of highest level Tetris.
What? You don't like that? But I think you are just a noob who is too bad at the game. Stop taking away my skill ceiling.

My Point is: Tetris on highest level is sooooo much harder then MO combat.

That does not mean it is either a useful Technik nor a cool looking one for a first person sword game.
Neither is dancing around like Baryshnikov in a ballett dancing hall.

Some kind of retarded analogy attempt here. Ur talking about some random shit game that has nothing to do with mortal, while im talking about solely mortal online 2 mechanics, doesnt make much sense buddy sorry.

Its very simple. People who are shit at the game cry about spinning. Show me a single good player who does so. Its ok though, its understandable. You dont want to put in the time and effort it takes to be able to read attack animations. You run into somebody who does, they proceed to bash your skull in, so instead of getting better you just go cry on the forums, it happens in every game.

The combat doesnt need to look realistic. Its a video game.

TheChersk

Feb 1, 2022
To be fair its a video game that prides itself in being hard core and life-like. Hence the swinging dicks everywhere and weapon sheath animations that take 8 years. I'm not saying remove spinning, I'm just saying "it's a video game" is a dumb argument here.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Let's be real, the meta atm is using a 2 handed sword spinning around unrealistically while feinting . i don't necessarily disagree with spinning , but what i do disagree with is people jacking up DPS to spin faster making it virtually impossible to see the direction of the swing.. all while receiving No stamina punishment's what so ever. This honestly reminds me of the spinney BS from Chivalry medieval warfare . We need to Nerf Spinning in such a way that the player will pay heavily in stam or parry chances..... i strongly believe that if devs do not pay attention to this detail , they might lose player base do to unfair and unrealistic mechanics. im also learning that that shorter characters, especially the ogmir have broken attack animations which also make it impossible to spot direction of attack. This imo should be addressed asap as it has a huge effect in pvp .
It is stupid but it's only doable in 1v1's in team fights it's completely irrelevant and unviable.

Reactions: m4rt3 and Daikos

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Some kind of retarded analogy attempt here. Ur talking about some random shit game that has nothing to do with mortal, while im talking about solely mortal online 2 mechanics, doesnt make much sense buddy sorry.

Its very simple. People who are shit at the game cry about spinning. Show me a single good player who does so. Its ok though, its understandable. You dont want to put in the time and effort it takes to be able to read attack animations. You run into somebody who does, they proceed to bash your skull in, so instead of getting better you just go cry on the forums, it happens in every game.

The combat doesnt need to look realistic. Its a video game.

Thx for proving my point.

Of course it has nothing to do with mortal online. Playing Tetris would be a stupid mechanic for mortal online and has nothing to do with the game. And turning around 10 times per second to hide your swings is the same stupid mechanic as playing tetris. Even if Tetris would have a higher skill ceiling for certain people.

You could also make an exact frame time combo system for mortal online. We would have real high skill ceiling then.
But it is stupid for this game.

I mean spinning around in circles is like the strangest thing I have ever seen. So since all you care is skill. Why does it even matter what kind of skill it is that you are using?

But Tetris is too stupid for you. So You do care if a mechanic is dumb or not.

End of story is that spinning is just a mechanic that is just not weird enough for you.

Last edited: