Spinning feint moves with no stamina drain?

Ulriik HammerHill

Feb 21, 2022
Let's be real, the meta atm is using a 2 handed sword spinning around unrealistically while feinting . i don't necessarily disagree with spinning , but what i do disagree with is people jacking up DPS to spin faster making it virtually impossible to see the direction of the swing.. all while receiving No stamina punishment's what so ever. This honestly reminds me of the spinney BS from Chivalry medieval warfare . We need to Nerf Spinning in such a way that the player will pay heavily in stam or parry chances..... i strongly believe that if devs do not pay attention to this detail , they might lose player base do to unfair and unrealistic mechanics. im also learning that that shorter characters, especially the ogmir have broken attack animations which also make it impossible to spot direction of attack. This imo should be addressed asap as it has a huge effect in pvp .

Last edited:
Reactions: m4rt3

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Let's be real, the meta atm is using a 2 handed sword spinning around unrealistically while feinting . i don't necessarily disagree with spinning , but what i do disagree with is people jacking up DPS to spin faster making it virtually impossible to see the direction of the swing.. all while receiving No stamina punishment's what so ever. This honestly reminds me of the spinney BS from Chivalry medieval warfare . We need to Nerf Spinning in such a way that the player will pay heavily in stam or parry chances..... i strongly believe that if devs do not pay attention to this detail , they might lose player base do to unfair and unrealistic mechanics. im also learning that that shorter characters, especially the ogmir have broken attack animations which also make it impossible to spot direction of attack. This imo should be addressed asap as it has a huge effect in pvp .

The spinning crap is pretty stupid not going to lye. It makes the game look bad and it plays worse.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Spinning shit needs removed or changed there going for realism and this is not realistic at all.

Should add a dizzy effect if you do a 360 spin to fast which might knock you down if you get hit or what not

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
When I played mordhau I wondered why they limited your cam movement on attacks, and now I know.

Having fought in WMA, HEMA and the SCA, all of them teach the same thing... spinning is a quick way to get hurt. And every new person wants to try it because hollywood makes it look cool. When in fact an experienced fighter will just move while your back is turned and hit you in the back or just not be there.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021

And I assume you have invested hundreds of hours into the combat and know exactly how everything works right. You must also be a master of spinning and reading attack animations in general?

Spinning is unfair? Because people have invested time to learn it and you .... haven't? Lmao

Reactions: Bicorps and Moored

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
And I assume you have invested hundreds of hours into the combat and know exactly how everything works right. You must also be a master of spinning and reading attack animations in general?

Spinning is unfair? Because people have invested time to learn it and you .... haven't? Lmao

When people replace skill with macros and claim it is skill there is an issue. Sorry but the spinning crap is just broken and ugly as hell.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
When people replace skill with macros and claim it is skill there is an issue. Sorry but the spinning crap is just broken and ugly as hell.

I think the main issue with the problem here is that shit players think that people spinning or feinting are using macros. While using a macro would do nothing but hinder your ability.

At the end of the day it seems like a get-good issue. Ugly is subjective and broken is just a false statement, as it works perfectly fine.

I would suggest instead of crying to remove the only mechanic that adds a skill ceiling to the game, you come up with ideas of mechanics to REPLACE it, keep the skill ceiling where it is or raise it higher and have it look "pretty" at the same time.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think the main issue with the problem here is that shit players think that people spinning or feinting are using macros. While using a macro would do nothing but hinder your ability.

At the end of the day it seems like a get-good issue. Ugly is subjective and broken is just a false statement, as it works perfectly fine.

Twirling is fugly... and not all twirlers are using macros, but there are some who are. It isnt hard to find the macro commands for them in google.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Twirling is fugly... and not all twirlers are using macros, but there are some who are. It isnt hard to find the macro commands for them in google.
No one who is spinning effectively is using a macro. A macro will just cause you to miss as people move and their are too many inconsistency.

I can not spin. I have too low sensitivity because Im a shooter FPS main, but I enjoy the difficulty that spinning and feints bring to the game because blocking is far too easy. When others spin it adds a challenge to the game and makes it more enjoyable, it increases the skill required.

People say its ugly or what not but I think thats just covering for the inability to meet the skill floor required to counter spin feints. People say its not realistic because normally people would hit you in the back. Well you can still land hits on peoples backs while they turn around and there are some martial arts styles that involve spinning.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
No one who is spinning effectively is using a macro. A macro will just cause you to miss as people move and their are too many inconsistency.

I can not spin. I have too low sensitivity because Im a shooter FPS main, but I enjoy the difficulty that spinning and feints bring to the game because blocking is far too easy. When others spin it adds a challenge to the game and makes it more enjoyable, it increases the skill required.

People say its ugly or what not but I think thats just covering for the inability to meet the skill floor required to counter spin feints. People say its not realistic because normally people would hit you in the back. Well you can still land hits on peoples backs while they turn around and there are some martial arts styles that involve spinning.

And as the UFC has shown... spinning doesnt always end well or those spinning martial arts. To say they cant meet the skill floor, that is just false. I can block them, it is just stupid looking.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Having fought in WMA, HEMA and the SCA, all of them teach the same thing... spinning is a quick way to get hurt. And every new person wants to try it because hollywood makes it look cool. When in fact an experienced fighter will just move while your back is turned and hit you in the back or just not be there.
Not just that, even something as simple as having a incorrect grip when stabbing or swinging can easily lead to permanent joint injuries.
This includes things like shoulder positions, hip alignment etc. Not sure if you can do anything correctly if you are spinning around like you just watched Naruto for the first time.

Springfield_simp

Feb 28, 2022
You guys are focusing too much on irl fighting. Focus on gameplay, which the successful devs of games such as league, for honor, and overwatch will tell you that readability is key in pvp. Hiding animations is the opposite of readability.
A lot of people argue parrying is too easy without spinning, so I do encourage the devs to look at other mechanics like chambering, action skills, and block breaks.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not just that, even something as simple as having a incorrect grip when stabbing or swinging can easily lead to permanent joint injuries.
This includes things like shoulder positions, hip alignment etc. Not sure if you can do anything correctly if you are spinning around like you just watched Naruto for the first time.

Not to mention generating power comes from the ground.. having your feet properly placed. You cant generate as much power when your feet are not set right.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
You guys are focusing too much on irl fighting. Focus on gameplay, which the successful devs of games such as league, for honor, and overwatch will tell you that readability is key in pvp. Hiding animations is the opposite of readability.
A lot of people argue parrying is too easy without spinning, so I do encourage the devs to look at other mechanics like chambering, action skills, and block breaks.
Moves were made extra easy to telegraph in MO2 for that very reason, too.
Spinning has to go, but I think I'd have to reiterate what i've said for a long time. Combat NEEDS more depth. Combat is still mostly summarized as; Attack>Parry>Counter. That's it. Its very shallow and there is no surprise that someone who wants to parry will be able to do so indefinitely with how the combat is. Spinning to bypass telegraphing is NOT the way to do it however.

So Yes.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022

I would suggest instead of crying to remove the only mechanic that adds a skill ceiling to the game, you come up with ideas of mechanics to REPLACE it, keep the skill ceiling where it is or raise it higher and have it look "pretty" at the same time.

So from now on everytime we fight. We don't use those boring low skill ceiling fighting of Mortal.
We always gonna play a Round of highest level Tetris.
What? You don't like that? But I think you are just a noob who is too bad at the game. Stop taking away my skill ceiling.

My Point is: Tetris on highest level is sooooo much harder then MO combat.

That does not mean it is either a useful Technik nor a cool looking one for a first person sword game.
Neither is dancing around like Baryshnikov in a ballett dancing hall.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
They cant add stuff like chambering without regional servers, thats why the combat is so stale because of Henriks oNe wOrlD sErVeR vision

solarwarden

Jan 27, 2022

It's not unfair but it is stupid af

Reactions: Hodo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So from now on everytime we fight. We don't use those boring low skill ceiling fighting of Mortal.
We always gonna play a Round of highest level Tetris.
What? You don't like that? But I think you are just a noob who is too bad at the game. Stop taking away my skill ceiling.

My Point is: Tetris on highest level is sooooo much harder then MO combat.

That does not mean it is either a useful Technik nor a cool looking one for a first person sword game.
Neither is dancing around like Baryshnikov in a ballett dancing hall.

The main issue is that the game is one world server so you cant have reaction based combat which means MO2 will be a lower skill floor then most game.

You have to have non reaction based blocking to a degree so people with high ping can play so blocking is very easy. The challenge with this game is figuring out ways to get around blocks and the best way in 1v1s is to spin as a lot of people have not put working into developing skills to recognized the feints through the spins.
People calling for them to get rid of spinning dont understand the game or how it works.
The game is very shallow with out spinning and there is no other example in the gaming industry to pull from to show us a way to have a melee combat with that works with high ping as this one does. Hiding your strikes is the best option we have to get around parries and is where the higher skill ceiling is.

Peoples only argument against spinning is four words with out substance "it's stupid looking"
Find it weird people say that they can handle the spinning so well, while others complain about non existent spin macros, and even more these people dont spin but dont complain about not being able to get through blocks. Seems like these people are just not being honest.