Spawn Timers are Way too long. Spend Most game time waiting for the next spawn. With Animals,Monsters, Even Ore takes forever to respawn.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
If you go to Meduli and clear out all the Taur Dogs and Cougars you will be waiting like 30minutes for the next one to spawn in, it's ridiculous, also you spend a lot of time looking for them because the spawn moves a little bit. If the spawns are up on the hill your own pets can't actually follow you because the ground is bugged as well. White Bears are 3 hours so you can't even think of that as a Spawn anymore. Dire wolfs which once spawned all over the Fabernum Woods Especially near the Iron Wood Tree, have become ridiculously rare, you only see a few on the way from Fab to Tindrem. Razors have a few dedicated Spawns in the game, but it's still stupid having to wait for these ridiculous spawn timers. Brown Bears Once had a spawn on way to CaveCamp now it's gone, there is another spawn but you gotta waste a ton of time looking for it. And that's pretty much the game now, it's become a glorified game of HIDE AND SEEK, and Wait Around. If you Mine all the Ore from Tindrem Mountains or all the Saburra around Meduli you can come back 3 hours later and the ore hasn't fully refreshed yet. You will only get like 4 hits of 112 each. The Devs projected 8000 Players upon release, imagine all the Extra Standing around there will be.

And I don't know anyone who actually plays the game who enjoys this experience. But for some reason you cucks on the forums always say "It's Beta Bro" or "Go Play World Of Warcraft lol since the game is too hard for you" This game isn't too hard, I'm sure I've royally dicked down most of the people playing this, and the game is set to release in January unless they change that date for the 5th time. But you gotta understand this isn't 2010 anymore, idk why you people defend SV like it's your Religion or some shit. If you want a good game, then why is there so many trolls on the forums. Most of the active playerbase doesn't actually play, they sit in town, or randomly run from one place to the next doing god knows what? I can count on 1 hand the number of guilds that actively pursue Wealth in this game, I can count on another hand the amount of players that pursue good weapons and armor. I see them begging for fights in Tindrem Sewers or Meduli Beach like a Bum begging for Money IRL. And when you beat them, they are terrified they don't want to practice anymore because apparently when you busted their face with a hammer in the game, you busted their fragile ego too. They'd rather try to talk trash or change the events in Help chat to conjure up a different story. But that's the game, there ain't shit to do, and once you get good enough no one wants to fight anymore either. Thank God the devs are coming out with Task Quest.

TLDR; There ain't shit to do in game, every spawn in the game takes too long to respawn, Idiots on Forums say "it's Beta so it's allowed to be stupid", or "the game is too hard? Play Warcraft" If you have a accurate description of the game and real feedback. Even though most players just Afk in towns and no one is playing anymore. Population is like super low atm too. Those Koto Boys are like a 30 man guild max,(And that's one of the Big guilds in the game) let that sink in before you say stupid shit like this game is perfect. Because no one wants to play. If no one wants to play maybe there should be some changes? And I know what you are going to say, more ppl will play on release bro. No they won't. Are you kidding me? We still have floating guards outside cities, Mounts and Pets going underground in the jungle, guards that don't even function properly around banks and towns, 10 year spawns, Ping issues, and a ton of other stuff. It's basically Mo1 with better graphics but less gameplay.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
If you think the overall situation is bad for respawns now, wait until SV gets around to fulfilling the 'extrinction' mechanic.
Very Clever I see what you did there. I hadn't thought about that, but you are right SV logic there is probably too many pickables and not enough barren nothing. They gotta fix that right away. Maybe put what's left under the ocean or something too. Just for good measure.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
1. The solution to finding an empty spawn is to go to a different one.

You aren't meant to have infinite instant respawns for every animal outside town, you are meant to search for and hunt them.
This will likely become more of a focus later on when spawns move and roam around the map more widely as Henrik has said they will.

Having to travel in the world to find the things you need gets you moving around in the world and potentially running into other players more frequently, and benefiting from any ensuing engagement.

2. You are not meant to have an easy infinite supply of all mid tier animal materials.

Supply dictates demand, and if anyone can run out to the nearest spawn, farm it for 5 minutes and fill up a molva or wagon with carcass, that carcass and its materials will lose value, along with any other spawns of that animal elsewhere in the world which become redundant because no one needs to go out that far due to instant respawns closer to town.

3. There is indeed a huge amount of people waiting to play the game.

Most people do not want to play a game before it releases, especially when such a game has a heavy focus on permanence and long term goals through character building and will erase any progress you make during the beta.

If you think there is not enough to do in the game to keep you interested, the solution is to stop playing it and come back at release when there will be more content, and when the bugs you have complained about will likely be fixed.

If you aren't having fun, don't do it.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628

You aren't meant to have infinite instant respawns for every animal outside town, you are meant to search for and hunt them.
This will likely become more of a focus later on when spawns move and roam around the map more widely as Henrik has said they will.

Having to travel in the world to find the things you need gets you moving around in the world and potentially running into other players more frequently, and benefiting from any ensuing engagement.
Quite right, and so is the statement "2. You are not meant to have an easy infinite supply of all mid tier animal materials. "

I'd go farther and say that no animal material for weapons, armour, clothing, alchemy or food is meant to be in infinite supply. Planned development in Mortal Online 2 by Star Vault includes the looming possibility of hard-core player-created ecological disaster & harddship for the word of Nave's player-characters. Remember this:

04:12 Wiping Out Spawns
"If you, for example, wipe out a horse spawn, then you will maybe need a breeder, because respawning these animals will take a lot of time."
-- @Speznat , closely paraphrasing Stuff Henrik Said​
in WolfszeitYT's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8czDcnu028​
that summarised the Mortal Online Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1170111297​

The Horse spawn mentioned was just an example. It would be the same for Wisent, for Springbok, for Razorbacks, ans so on.

The implications are many, but what most strongly suggests itself in my opinion is that you (whoever you are as a group) get used to the idea of two courses of action:
  • Keep other groups from hunting in your territory.
  • Do your hunting in other folks' territory, if you can.
Some day, once your local spawns are completely gone (if you or any other group wipe them out), they won't respawn for quite some time.

At that time, if you want to take resources away from another group, wiping out spawns local to them will be one way to diminish their supply significantly.
be prepared for bone tissue/leather fights all day long
Be prepared to take care to keep your nearby bone tissue & leather supply.

Thinking The World Is Too Large?

How large the world of Nave will one day seem will depend not only on the number of players present (which may increase at release, as @Valoran projected); It will most likely also depend on the capacity of the animal MOB population (which it is planned that players will be able to drastially affect) in relation to player demand for continued supplies of animal materials.

If the game is healthy enough to develop that far, that kind of pressure toward controlling resources should be of singular interest to see.

Reactions: Valoran and Speznat

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I could and probably will write a whole post about 'gatekeepers' that tell everyone in chat and forums to play New World if they don't like a game feature. Not only is that mentality bad for the game but also bad for the community

Reactions: Tzone

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021

2. You are not meant to have an easy infinite supply of all mid tier animal materials.

Supply dictates demand, and if anyone can run out to the nearest spawn, farm it for 5 minutes and fill up a molva or wagon with carcass, that carcass and its materials will lose value, along with any other spawns of that animal elsewhere in the world which become redundant because no one needs to go out that far due to instant respawns closer to town.

3. There is indeed a huge amount of people waiting to play the game.

Most people do not want to play a game before it releases, especially when such a game has a heavy focus on permanence and long term goals through character building and will erase any progress you make during the beta.

If you think there is not enough to do in the game to keep you interested, the solution is to stop playing it and come back at release when there will be more content, and when the bugs you have complained about will likely be fixed.

If you aren't having fun, don't do it.

Completely agree with this (except maybe the last couple of sentences)

In fact I will ask SV to decrease spawn rates! Have you ever tried running a Sator Camp or Dungeon? By the time you head back out of the camp/dungeon some of them have respawned already.

My buddy and I are mages, we couldn't regen our mana fast enough to clear the Sator Camp spawns, lest they respawn. I even reported it as a bug cause that just doesn't seem like intended.