Something positive.

Ohiga

Jan 25, 2022
I have spent some time reading the forums, and my brain is cooking from all the doom and gloom. Some very vocal individuals are giving a very negative picture of the state of the game. I have played on and off since the launch, and I have to say, for me the game has never been better. There are of course things that needs improvement, but all in all there is so much in this game now that makes it better than before.

I think it is important that SV cater to the new player base, and not only to the hard core player base that has played since MO1. This game has a player base with a rather high average age. I am surprised to read this much complaining from adult people, but I am starting to think they are not just adult, they are actually starting to get old, and old people tend to complain a lot, so this is a new thing in the gaming world.

I am enjoying my time in the game, and look forward for any and all new features planned for the game after seeing the roadmap.

To all my fellow players out there. Stay positive, this is a one of a kind game.
And to the guy in the forum that compared this game to Elder scrolls online now, I can only say... wow. Yes They are both PC games, so in a way you are right.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
I am playing this game with the expectation that its a decade long project as Henrik intended. I think a lot of folks here get frustrated with that concept which results in the doom and gloom youve referenced. Part of it is also that its a player driven game so content needs to be created through your guild to some extent for the game to be enjoyed at a higher level. (Freedom Fighter gang)

But I do think the doom and gloom is rightly placed when referring to the solo experience. A lot of us vets are a bit worried about how we might lose our time investment if starvault doesnt make a plan to adress this experience along with the new player experience.

The new UE 5 update and the task system with cosmetics has been a great change because it gives us something simple to grind for and offers a chance for solo players to experience content without needing to be in a guild. Its up to us now to make sure we vote during these next few weeks to ensure that the content added in the future continues to grow the community instead of pandering to the toxic players that only want to grief away the playerbase and treat the game as some sort of medieval PVP simulator. We probably shouldnt vote for things like boats for example since theres no continent updates yet and barely any utility having them. The arena system would be great though!

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
Honestly, you should rather fear the day nobody posts anything negative about the game.

This! Exactly this.

I, for one, would LOVE to send SV (more) money and spend time in the world Henrik describes. And; I'm happy to come here tell'n SV exactly what it would take for me to do that. Folks will stop complaining when the game is perfect... or when they've given up on it; which ever comes 1st.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
This! Exactly this.

I, for one, would LOVE to send SV (more) money and spend time in the world Henrik describes. And; I'm happy to come here tell'n SV exactly what it would take for me to do that. Folks will stop complaining when the game is perfect... or when they've given up on it; which ever comes 1st.
It's an ego thing for Henrick. He needs to be seen as the glorious saviour of full loot pvp sandboxes. But can't handle negative feedback.
There is no hope for improvement like this even if they were actually competent.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
It's an ego thing for Henrick. He needs to be seen as the glorious saviour of full loot pvp sandboxes. But can't handle negative feedback.
There is no hope for improvement like this even if they were actually competent.
I think the point of this thread is that seeing the game like this and blaming people is kind of counterproductive. These coming weeks we actually get to VOTE on what content should be added. Dont think boats is a good idea? (Its a bad idea to add right now) then dont vote for it. Much more productive than what youre doing.

I believe a thread was made about this last week for prioritizing what kinds of features are probably better to vote for and which ones are really not prioritiy and wont immediately improve any kind of gameplay.

Reactions: Jethub

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I think the point of this thread is that seeing the game like this and blaming people is kind of counterproductive. These coming weeks we actually get to VOTE on what content should be added. Dont think boats is a good idea? (Its a bad idea to add right now) then dont vote for it. Much more productive than what youre doing.

I believe a thread was made about this last week for prioritizing what kinds of features are probably better to vote for and which ones are really not prioritiy and wont immediately improve any kind of gameplay.
Design by comitee has failed in every instance. People will just troll and pick boats since they have been a meme all the way back from MO1.
What the game really needs is to engage solo casuals first and foremost, every MMO that does not offer fun content to solo casuals will inevitably fail. They form the backbone from which emergent content in sandboxes comes from. MO2 only caters to zergs atm.
Second, the map needs to either be reduced or actually filled with content. You can't expect people to enjoy a game where travel to the nearest town takes 30.minutes of rl time.
In addition to that piss easy stuff like colored flags, tabbards and etc should have been added to the game first year after release already since it's easy shit you can put an intern on. But apparently there's just FarmerJoe and his spaghetti out there.

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
Yeah, say, I'm not ready to go bash'n the man or the company... but to Weis' point, it's much easier to get involved in big-picture-roadmap-survey-dohickies when one is able to get immersed in to the world and explore it'd depths, eh? When the blockers to enjoyment are at the toe-dipping stage... well that's about the depth of feedback you'll get, yeah?

Reactions: grendel

manure

May 7, 2022
I have spent some time reading the forums, and my brain is cooking from all the doom and gloom. Some very vocal individuals are giving a very negative picture of the state of the game. I have played on and off since the launch, and I have to say, for me the game has never been better. There are of course things that needs improvement, but all in all there is so much in this game now that makes it better than before.

I think it is important that SV cater to the new player base, and not only to the hard core player base that has played since MO1. This game has a player base with a rather high average age. I am surprised to read this much complaining from adult people, but I am starting to think they are not just adult, they are actually starting to get old, and old people tend to complain a lot, so this is a new thing in the gaming world.

I am enjoying my time in the game, and look forward for any and all new features planned for the game after seeing the roadmap.

To all my fellow players out there. Stay positive, this is a one of a kind game.
And to the guy in the forum that compared this game to Elder scrolls online now, I can only say... wow. Yes They are both PC games, so in a way you are right.

It was me who said this game feels like Elder Scrolls Online... And I reiterate that. But not only Elder Scrolls... All the others ! They all have zones... safe zones and pvp zones... Even Albion has safe zones.

That is exactly what made Mortal Online billions of times way better than those !! On MO you had danger everywhere. The game was exciting...Whoever played it in 2022 will know what Im talking about... The thrilling of travelling to another town... You had to plan the ride, to travel trying to hide.... You could be ambushed anywhere, even inside towns.

Now, all you have to do is travel on the MAIN ROAD with ABSOLUTELY ZERO RISK... You may transport Keep deeds, 1 miilion gold and anything you desire because you wont be killed... You can go even naked with all these loots...
WHERES THE FUN ON THAT ? Answer me ?
Do you think its cool to see NAKES on the road carrying 65434382 Gold without ANY fear of being attacked ?? Thats the good game for you ?

No man... This new safe world destroyed the game.
Im not here to trash talk this game. I LOVED this game.... Im just upset that a so good game has been destroyed, thats all.

But I have hopes... Mortal Online never had safe zones... They will reconsider this and remove the guards...or at least make them weaker...

Imagine if you are a red and have a risen horse and bear..and you are in Kranesh and decides to travel to Tindrem ? How the hell are you gonna cross the ROAD between these two places ?
The guards will insta kill you and your pets...

THIS GUARD IDEA ON THE ROADS IS A COMPLETE TRASH

You also said its important to cater the new players...I agree.... But you can do that without completely ruining the gameplay for veterans !
You dont need to fill the world with GUARDS.
You can work on CONTENT, for example.

Boats, tailoring and Thieving would bring MUCH MORE NEW PEOPLE to this game than adding Guards all around the god damn map !

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021

The issue is that they are not catering to oneside or another. That they are actively and openly trying to get rid of the veteran players.

Reactions: manure

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Its hard not to be negative when Henrik is just constantly stubborn. None of the SV staff have ever had a real understanding of how the game plays past logging in and showing off magic spells or walking around in a big organized battle. They ignore massive player feedback at launch to only come back 2 years later to finally acknowledge that the playerbase did in fact make obvious points. This most recent patch in particular was filled with these.

Some of these are no-brainers that we have been speaking about since launch, some even in MO1, and some that really ruined the overall gameplay experience. Of course a lot of us have different opinions on balance and such, but these are just good for an overall better gameplay experience.

• Murderers now have red names. (I've always said blue's are the real griefers, at least with reds you know our intentions most of the time)
  • You can now gain stamina on a successful parry. (helps when fighting outnumbered, so good change)
  • Equipment hits are removed for all equipment types except shields. (RNG is bad)

And for the BIG one that we've wanted for forever:
  • Wilderness is a new type of area where players can not be reported for murder or lose Nation Standing. Certain areas on Myrland will become Wilderness, such as the Gaul’Kor area, the jungle, and some dungeons which contain bosses.
  • If you die while inside the Wilderness you will not be able to report your killer for murder, so come prepared, at your own risk, and with the knowledge that you will be in significant danger with no recourse from the NPC Nations.
  • Changed murder reporting so that you now always lose Standing with the Nation owning the zone you were in when you died. This means if you kill someone outside Tindrem, you can only lose Standing with the Tindremic Provinces for that murder.
One of the best changes they've done in a LONG time imo. But for fucks sake, its taken them SO LONG to add this, when even Herius made a post on the MO1 forums years ago asking our feedback and we basically said "Yeah duh this is obviously a good change do it". It was always such a chore to stay blue if you were a good player and actually defended your guild. Dungeons should have always been lawless zones. My guild stayed red from killing people who came in to try to contest us...even the nakeds who would run in with their worn-shortswords (aka grief sticks).

All in all the patch looks nice. I can't speak on the performance because I haven't logged in. Its just infuriating that these kinds of good changes come so damn late. There are plenty more good ones, I just wanted to highlight the ones that really stood out. Still a long ways to go though...

Last edited:

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
ITs really nice to see people writing and communicating in such a positive intellectual way.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Its hard not to be negative when Henrik is just constantly stubborn. None of the SV staff have ever had a real understanding of how the game plays past logging in and showing off magic spells or walking around in a big organized battle. They ignore massive player feedback at launch to only come back 2 years later to finally acknowledge that the playerbase did in fact make obvious points. This most recent patch in particular was filled with these.

Some of these are no-brainers that we have been speaking about since launch, some even in MO1, and some that really ruined the overall gameplay experience. Of course a lot of us have different opinions on balance and such, but these are just good for an overall better gameplay experience.

• Murderers now have red names. (I've always said blue's are the real griefers, at least with reds you know our intentions most of the time)
  • You can now gain stamina on a successful parry. (helps when fighting outnumbered, so good change)
  • Equipment hits are removed for all equipment types except shields. (RNG is bad)

And for the BIG one that we've wanted for forever:
  • Wilderness is a new type of area where players can not be reported for murder or lose Nation Standing. Certain areas on Myrland will become Wilderness, such as the Gaul’Kor area, the jungle, and some dungeons which contain bosses.
  • If you die while inside the Wilderness you will not be able to report your killer for murder, so come prepared, at your own risk, and with the knowledge that you will be in significant danger with no recourse from the NPC Nations.
  • Changed murder reporting so that you now always lose Standing with the Nation owning the zone you were in when you died. This means if you kill someone outside Tindrem, you can only lose Standing with the Tindremic Provinces for that murder.
One of the best changes they've done in a LONG time imo. But for fucks sake, its taken them SO LONG to add this, when even Herius made a post on the MO1 forums years ago asking our feedback and we basically said "Yeah duh this is obviously a good change do it". It was always such a chore to stay blue if you were a good player and actually defended your guild. Dungeons should have always been lawless zones. My guild stayed red from killing people who came in to try to contest us...even the nakeds who would run in with their worn-shortswords (aka grief sticks).

All in all the patch looks nice. I can't speak on the performance because I haven't logged in. Its just infuriating that these kinds of good changes come so damn late. There are plenty more good ones, I just wanted to highlight the ones that really stood out. Still a long ways to go though...

I wanna know if they deleted Hyllspea like it sounds rofl. My POV is they took feedback we've been spamming and kinda made it weird.

I really don't see the point of the stamina on parry thing. It makes sense in the way fighting is, but fighting shouldn't be that way. I dislike it because it points to the lack of core change.

The RED NAME thing makes so much sense, but the fact that they made it so blues can attack you around guards is really stupid. What happens if someone gets in your way and you hit them, who hasn't attacked you yet? Doesn't that mean you are effectively BB'd and ded by guards? What about the guards on the road. Red should be open pvp but guards should deter pvp. You guys liked town war pvp... I dunno how I feel about it, but at the very least, leave that as the only true town pvp. Like I said, if dudes can't wait to fight people outside of town, they dum. Mostly they are prol just gonna grief reds by blowing up their horses and stuff.

The open pvp area makes sense except it should be more areas and they shouldn't have made 'safe zones.' Towns are safe-ish zones. They should have made it so you can mine in towns and such, and have gatherables in town for people who wanna play safe MO. The better stuff should be outside of towns and not protected. Running into town to save your life makes sense, but running to a road does not.

So yeah, I think all of their changes all come with caveats. I am not a cynic as much as I try to see the whole picture. The Red fighting will have to be changed, and I still don't see why they need rep system at all now. Your rep is being able to enter a town without people attacking you haha.

They also need changes like, at the very least, if a person in a guild attacks you the whole guild is local grey to you.

I agree w/ the point that... most of us would pay (thru steam haha) for MO if it was working. A lot of us say we wouldn't but are still gonna play. I knew not to log in for the beginning cuz of how bad it would be.

In a sandbox, there are tiers of people doing different things. They need to balance that out. Underrated change would be that they said they made movement and gathering skills level way faster, well do more of that.

Now all we need is... two chars per acct, steam sub, and no more game breaking bugs! Maybe overhauled melee combat + accessible magic, too, hue. And... haha nah I won't. But really I feel they are always gonna do SOMETHING wrong. They always do.

Reactions: manure

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I wanna know if they deleted Hyllspea like it sounds rofl. My POV is they took feedback we've been spamming and kinda made it weird.

I really don't see the point of the stamina on parry thing. It makes sense in the way fighting is, but fighting shouldn't be that way. I dislike it because it points to the lack of core change.

The RED NAME thing makes so much sense, but the fact that they made it so blues can attack you around guards is really stupid. What happens if someone gets in your way and you hit them, who hasn't attacked you yet? Doesn't that mean you are effectively BB'd and ded by guards? What about the guards on the road. Red should be open pvp but guards should deter pvp. You guys liked town war pvp... I dunno how I feel about it, but at the very least, leave that as the only true town pvp. Like I said, if dudes can't wait to fight people outside of town, they dum. Mostly they are prol just gonna grief reds by blowing up their horses and stuff.

The open pvp area makes sense except it should be more areas and they shouldn't have made 'safe zones.' Towns are safe-ish zones. They should have made it so you can mine in towns and such, and have gatherables in town for people who wanna play safe MO. The better stuff should be outside of towns and not protected. Running into town to save your life makes sense, but running to a road does not.

So yeah, I think all of their changes all come with caveats. I am not a cynic as much as I try to see the whole picture. The Red fighting will have to be changed, and I still don't see why they need rep system at all now. Your rep is being able to enter a town without people attacking you haha.

They also need changes like, at the very least, if a person in a guild attacks you the whole guild is local grey to you.

I agree w/ the point that... most of us would pay (thru steam haha) for MO if it was working. A lot of us say we wouldn't but are still gonna play. I knew not to log in for the beginning cuz of how bad it would be.

In a sandbox, there are tiers of people doing different things. They need to balance that out. Underrated change would be that they said they made movement and gathering skills level way faster, well do more of that.

Now all we need is... two chars per acct, steam sub, and no more game breaking bugs! Maybe overhauled melee combat + accessible magic, too, hue. And... haha nah I won't. But really I feel they are always gonna do SOMETHING wrong. They always do.
The only thing that would make me and some of my guildmates play again is a melee combat rework. Its so fucking stupid the way it is for many reasons...not just the obvious ballerina spinning.

But yeah...with it taking months for patches to come out...its hard to even keep any interest. People just want a fun game with decent combat...and we can't get it. Sure there are people that tolerate or even like it...but data shows majority didn't. And MO1 players, for the most part, would prefer MO1 combat.

Reactions: Teknique

Midas

Feb 25, 2022

Nah rep is being red and being allowed in town by the NPC nation. if your red your a murderer and will be treated with as little or as much respect as others wish to give to you. your best bet is to get used to it because that is the most simplistic and easiest system to balance. I do however think NPC nations shouldnt get involved in wardec fights which is essentialy "faction" pvp in towns. Aside from that if you dont wanna be red dont murder people you will hafto share the mob spawns and resources with everyone unless you war them or murder them. If your red and people respect you youl be fine but if your red and your not respected by the people around you prepare to defend yourself for your crimes against the citizens of the NPC Nations. OF course your gunna hear whining from the people who are red but are now to scared to play that charecter. im still waiting to see these people that said red names wouldnt change anything , they actually said it would make noob killing worse , this remains to be seen. red cowards will hide because they arent built like that. only true badasses will be red in the end.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The only thing that would make me and some of my guildmates play again is a melee combat rework. Its so fucking stupid the way it is for many reasons...not just the obvious ballerina spinning.

But yeah...with it taking months for patches to come out...its hard to even keep any interest. People just want a fun game with decent combat...and we can't get it. Sure there are people that tolerate or even like it...but data shows majority didn't. And MO1 players, for the most part, would prefer MO1 combat.

I might be going nuts in general, but I do think it will happen @ combat rework. They have to see it. Everything else is how they want it, or getting close, so that's the biggest issue, and that is the issue that is gonna get people into the game!

What's the point of having a first person game if the combat is dogshit lol. I don't wanna sound like a sociopath, but getting up close and personal in a fight is really special. It is immersive. I don't get off on pushing people when they are in mercy mode or whatever, but the actual feeling of 'fighting' is awesome, when it's working. That's why group fights are not as bad.

@Midas I dunno man. Parcel rep seems useless and will hopefully be removed. The red thing will get reworked as well. I bet anything, because it's going to be exploitable in many ways. I think Reds should have always been open pvp, but to make them open pvp in town and also have to wait for people to hit them before they can hit back? That sounds like something that there will be loopholes for and I'm sure people will find a way to make reds get guard blown even when they think they are fighting normally. It's actually a very convoluted mechanic, it requires a lot of coding for guards when they could just make guards deter pvp, have fewer guards, and let people fight it out in the wild. If you wanna handle beef with someone camp them when they come into town. Right now, people can stand around you, all charge a spell, and you can't do anything and then they can blow you up instantly. That's not a good look at all. It's actually pretty stupid and overcomplicated. And I'm not red, tho I wouldn't mind being red if they removed rep. If there was an open pvp flag I would flag open.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Yeah i dont get the cryout about the guard towers on roads. Like what you gonna do on that road? collect the dust on the road? You will need to leave the road a t some point to get to valuables. The only thing is to maybe mine some granum next to the towers. Even though i havent foundt one next to granum around meduli.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Yeah i dont get the cryout about the guard towers on roads. Like what you gonna do on that road? collect the dust on the road? You will need to leave the road a t some point to get to valuables. The only thing is to maybe mine some granum next to the towers. Even though i havent foundt one next to granum around meduli.
Kill new player horses obviously. But seems stupid I cant gank war dec miners outside town because the guards.

manure

May 7, 2022
Are you kidding ?
You re not serious, are you ?
What am I going to do on the road ?

I will CAMP the road to murder caravans, for example !
People carrying good stuff will be assassinated on the roads by marauders... Thats what happens on full loot games.
So, travellers have to either risk themselvs on the road or choose hidden paths to cross from a town to another...
This is the logic... Thats what made this game GREAT.

Now if you can travel on a safe land with absolutely ZERO risk of being murdered, whats the point of this game ?
Nothing different from all other trash MMOs out there.
Worthless