Some Granum Rock Textures Look Too Similar To Calx Textures

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
Some Granum rocks look whiter than Calx. Resources in general should have unique appearances to differentiate between them at a distance. I recommend using specific color palettes and textures to accomplish this, like dark grey for granum, light grey/white for calx, etc.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
A bit offtopic but is Calx gatherable yet? So far everything I found said Granum.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Just collected some Calx. Really hard to distinguish.
Calx seems to be the rocks that are not "mossy". And the "mossy" ones are granum.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Calx looks like marble, I think it looks good.
Maybe it is only in the spot where you were? To me calx and granum are different colors. White and grey.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Calx looks like marble, I think it looks good.
Maybe it is only in the spot where you were? To me calx and granum are different colors. White and grey.

true you can distinguish them. though i think the main issue is granum has a gradient going from black to light gray, and the light gray ones could be confused for calx. I'd rather have a single color (or tight color range) for each rock to make it more understandable.

another issue is that many "light gray" granum rocks are not even gatherable, which adds to the confusion even more.
ofc after a month play you will know exactly where to go and mine, but If i think from the perspective of a new player it would get quite confusing

Reactions: Valoran

Valoran

May 28, 2020
There is also around 5+ different rock textures that are all granum at the moment, whereas all other rock types only have one.

So once you know what all the other rock types look like, you'll know that if it's not one of them it's probably granum.

Reactions: Ask

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yeah, I tried to figure if the different granums were regional, but it doesn't really seem so.
Not all saburra looks the same, either.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
20201120165525_1.jpg

This actually looks pretty good. Granum is all over the place in terms of textures though. I also think that a lot of the granum nodes that have been added to the cities look just bad. Like big grey pebbles, put there to test gathering. They don´t fit well with the stuff around them.

Reactions: Valoran and Rorry