Solution for Reds(Murderers)

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Oh okay. I kind of figured that was what you meant, but wasn't sure.

So just to clarify you were suggesting players actually build around these new camps to form new 'red towns'. I mean.. It's not a bad idea honestly. It just REALLY DEPENDS on where the priest is. There's a big difference in doing something because it benefits you, then doing something to benefit others which could potentially hurt you.

Of course my solution is a bit steep, asking new players to farm gold to buy housing deed, build it up and put benches in it. But it's not impossible.

Tbh I don't have a ton of sympathy for random new players who go red because they got trigger happy killing people in the graveyard because they 'like to pvp'. There's a lot more preparation, social and material farming, that has to go into being a red character.

Unless your character is like 10-15 MC deep you can always ghost afk away your murder counts till you're blue and be a bit more thoughtful.

Reactions: Sgr

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yeah idea makes the opposite of sense. Griefing happens because of a lack of content. Should just add more stuff for PVP players to do and then they'll be too busy to grief random noobs for entertainment. I feel like all pvp games should implement something similar to hell gates for albion online. It's honestly the best feature in AO and just a good feature in general for PvP games. Gives PvP players a constant source of fighting and loot and keeps them away from just killing someone mining granum
Hell no. It's a sandbox game not a set of ACTIVITIES. Hellgates are cool in albion. The problem is that everytime i went there i wished that the rest of the game wouldn't stand in the way, like there would be a lobby of some kind and i could just jump into action right from the login screen. "Activities" is a terrible design tool for a sandbox game.

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
I see that you want to help but you know I will try with example from reality

When you just start working with 0 experience in big unique company with people who more or less working there for many many years (yeah you worked before and maybe a lot but it was not quite the same)

And you come there and start giving them advices that they have heard hundred times and seen end result but you keep talking because you very enthusiastic

You know that kind of situation?

Eve online is indisputably a more popular game then MO2 and in that game there is a great balance between the inconvenience of being Red but also the plausibility of it. There is no plausibility for a solo Red in MO2 which will defeat the purpose of the game for a large swath of players. The suggestions so far are:

Don't go red
Ally up
Delete character

That simply isn't good mechanics. Many of you are on board with nomadic crafting sites if red priests stay in lawless cities however this will tip the balance in favor of Reds and make life in my opinion to convenient for them, outweighing many of the potential benefits of staying blue especially those with large guilds. It will favor solo and small groups as well but greatly favor large groups of Reds. The playing field should be somewhat even among reds and tipped in favor of Blues for ideal mechanics. With my suggestion Reds will still be able to bank and craft in lawless cities and they will have a plethora of remote Red priests to choose from however those Red priests will be a minimum of 1.5km from any city or town yet in close proximity to nomadic crafting sites(without banking). They will have a long walk back if they wish to fight over a town.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Eve online is indisputably a more popular game then MO2 and in that game there is a great balance between the inconvenience of being Red but also the plausibility of it. There is no plausibility for a solo Red in MO2 which will defeat the purpose of the game for a large swath of players. The suggestions so far are:

Don't go red
Ally up
Delete character

That simply isn't good mechanics. Many of you are on board with nomadic crafting sites if red priests stay in lawless cities however this will tip the balance in favor of Reds and make life in my opinion to convenient for them, outweighing many of the potential benefits of staying blue especially those with large guilds. It will favor solo and small groups as well but greatly favor large groups of Reds. The playing field should be somewhat even among reds and tipped in favor of Blues for ideal mechanics. With my suggestion Reds will still be able to bank and craft in lawless cities and they will have a plethora of remote Red priests to choose from however those Red priests will be a minimum of 1.5km from any city or town yet in close proximity to nomadic crafting sites(without banking). They will have a long walk back if they wish to fight over a town.
And in first sentence you start talking about eve

Ok let’s fly

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020

Don't go red
Ally up
Delete character

Why must you insist on being a solo red player? Tbh I don't understand this strange antisocial obsession in a MMO. That said you've misunderstood or refused to understand the suggestions.

1. Don't go red: yeah, pretty simple, you can kill people without going red ... You'll just have an 8hr cool down once you reach 4 kills.
2. Ally up: yup, it's an MMO, a real one where you have 1 character to FORCE you to interact with players in one way or another.
3. Delete character: this kinda ties into 1, but yeah if you can't live with the way red mechanics are then you'll have to go blue or quit.

I'll add the other suggestions you missed:

4. Build these camps around the red priests using the housing and keep them open to the public: this is a tall order, especially for a solo player, but you know my stance of solo players

Here's some more suggestions on how to play red as a solo player:

1. Get access to a spiritist mage that can rez you wherever (make a second account or make a friend).

2. Live in a town that has a different rep than where you kill, and deal with a 15min run back to that town...don't shit where you eat.

I disagree with the idea that leaving the red priests while adding the basic camps would make red too convenient. Maybe it would keep solo reds to play the game, but anyone who isn't solo obsessed will join a guild with a keep or one of the kran/GK guilds and then the camps are pointless to them.

Large guilds with any pvp inclination will end up red (because the murder count system sucks) and will be fine because they'll have a keep or player built village to live out of with multiple spiritist mages until npc priest are available.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
"Why must you insist on being a solo red player?"

Because it's a sandbox game, meaning it's about freedom. It's a PvP game, meaning red is a legit playstyle. And I personally don't want to do this. But I see the value in supporting said role and letting people have fun.

I think more the opposite of the OP's suggestion (Banks and reg/arrow vendors + stables at each priest but no crafting stations, restoration of old red towns to red and a new one added in the SW with each having all common vendors, crafting stations, and stables.) but something does need to be done.

When you promote a game on "the most hardcore sandbox ever" and then people who come there looking to kill who they want find out they're basically forced to live in two towns controlled by all the old powerful RPK guilds, you're going to lose players.

I'm personally blue, I'm personally ARPK. I don't want the new blue player getting ganked for their crusty bread every time they leave town. But neither do I want the new red player realizing they are forced to join certain groups to have a place to spawn. Nor do I want the game to be so safe I don't occasionally have to slip/fight past bandits. When I played New World I accepted it was a consensual PvP game, adjusted my expectations, and played it for what it was. When you play MO2 you should accept it is a full loot hardcore PvP sandbox, adjust your expectations, and play it for what it is.

• Love
Reactions: Sgr

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I just say it again why not just add a respawn protection of some sort.The #1 between these repeating threads is simply people try to spawn but can't because one guy is spawn camping the priest. Why is allowing people to respawn without being instantly killed a bad thing exactly?

Some people keep saying it to make themselves feel safe well were the logic in that? Your a red player not a blue one you threw away your right to be safe willingly, that no excuses to spawn camp red priest 24/7. If you don't like being forced to play in a stetchy place around people you don't trust than just stop being a red player.

Last edited:

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022

Because it's a sandbox game, meaning it's about freedom. It's a PvP game, meaning red is a legit playstyle. And I personally don't want to do this. But I see the value in supporting said role and letting people have fun.

I think more the opposite of the OP's suggestion (Banks and reg/arrow vendors + stables at each priest but no crafting stations, restoration of old red towns to red and a new one added in the SW with each having all common vendors, crafting stations, and stables.) but something does need to be done.

When you promote a game on "the most hardcore sandbox ever" and then people who come there looking to kill who they want find out they're basically forced to live in two towns controlled by all the old powerful RPK guilds, you're going to lose players.

I'm personally blue, I'm personally ARPK. I don't want the new blue player getting ganked for their crusty bread every time they leave town. But neither do I want the new red player realizing they are forced to join certain groups to have a place to spawn. Nor do I want the game to be so safe I don't occasionally have to slip/fight past bandits. When I played New World I accepted it was a consensual PvP game, adjusted my expectations, and played it for what it was. When you play MO2 you should accept it is a full loot hardcore PvP sandbox, adjust your expectations, and play it for what it is.
I can’t believe there is new generation apk with understanding that people here doesn’t defend griefing or any sort of shit but freedom

You must be from red list

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I just say it again why not just add a respawn protect. The #1 is is simple people try to spawn but can't because one guy is spawn camping the priest.

Because if you spawn into a town controlled by the enemy, respawn protect won't allow you to gear up and go about your adventures. It WILL allow you to harass the group that won control of the town.

More spawns pushes you toward the direction of what you actually should be doing. Find a new place to respawn, regear, and regroup.

Not only would I not give respawn protection. I think there should be respawn cooldowns that increase in time each time you respawn at the same priest within a certain time window to drive home the point that sometimes you need to let the enemy have the town and go somewhere else if you lost the fight.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020

I can accept the "sandbox argument" but that also comes with the responsibility to try and play in the sandbox with the toys your given.

I think the suggestion to be a red player that lives in say vadda then travels to fab/meduli/tindrem to kill is perfectly viable, you'll just have to walk back into town naked if you die.

If you're red you don't HAVE to live in kran or GK unless you plan to murder absolutely everywhere.

Sometimes we have to accept that some playstyles are not viable or you have to be a massive masochist to play that way IMO

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I can’t believe there is new generation apk with understanding that people here doesn’t defend griefing or any sort of shit but freedom

You must be from red list

Not the new generation. 20 years people were ganking my friends in Freelancer and instead of quitting, I decided to fight back. I'd say my understanding of the RPK point of view is something I've slowly developed over the last 5-10 years.

You play these types of games long enough, and even the most adamant ARPK should realize that the RPKs provided the content that kept them coming back.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I just say it again why not just add a respawn protection of some sort.The #1 between these repeating threads is simply people try to spawn but can't because one guy is spawn camping the priest. Why is allowing people to respawn without being instantly killed a bad thing exactly?

Some people keep saying it to make themselves feel safe well were the logic in that? Your a red player not a blue one you threw away your right to be safe willingly, that no excuses to spawn camp red priest 24/7.
If we will add some new mechanics every time sv fuck up balance or patch we would run out of hard drive memory before this year ends

Let’s look at this patch it’s not about hating sv, just realistically

Henrick made a big change and it will be fine with tc

but we don’t have tc atm

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Because if you spawn into a town controlled by the enemy, respawn protect won't allow you to gear up and go about your adventures. It WILL allow you to harass the group that won control of the town.

More spawns pushes you toward the direction of what you actually should be doing. Find a new place to respawn, regear, and regroup.

Not only would I not give respawn protection. I think there should be respawn cooldowns that increase in time each time you respawn at the same priest within a certain time window to drive home the point that sometimes you need to let the enemy have the town and go somewhere else if you lost the fight.
SV doesn't intends for people to own red towns. If they did they should make it so you can control who can spawn at them via a build in mechanic that blocks people from even talking to the towns NPC let alone spawning at it. But that not how the game is designed.

SV has made it clear that lawless towns are public towns anyone can access. This means you can't own the town. SV has also made it clear that they plan to implement more player housing mechanic that let players build their own player controlled towns.

So basically people are trying to own something that can't be owned. People need to be more patient an just want for SV to finish making the housing system so people can actually make their own player controlled towns.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Not the new generation. 20 years people were ganking my friends in Freelancer and instead of quitting, I decided to fight back. I'd say my understanding of the RPK point of view is something I've slowly developed over the last 5-10 years.

You play these types of games long enough, and even the most adamant ARPK should realize that the RPKs provided the content that kept them coming back.
Respect

No jokes I wish we have more apk players like you that prefer to fight back, improve and find new ways instead of asking to kill the game from the start

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Why must you insist on being a solo red player? Tbh I don't understand this strange antisocial obsession in a MMO. That said you've misunderstood or refused to understand the suggestions.

1. Don't go red: yeah, pretty simple, you can kill people without going red ... You'll just have an 8hr cool down once you reach 4 kills.
2. Ally up: yup, it's an MMO, a real one where you have 1 character to FORCE you to interact with players in one way or another.
3. Delete character: this kinda ties into 1, but yeah if you can't live with the way red mechanics are then you'll have to go blue or quit.

I'll add the other suggestions you missed:

4. Build these camps around the red priests using the housing and keep them open to the public: this is a tall order, especially for a solo player, but you know my stance of solo players

Here's some more suggestions on how to play red as a solo player:

1. Get access to a spiritist mage that can rez you wherever (make a second account or make a friend).

2. Live in a town that has a different rep than where you kill, and deal with a 15min run back to that town...don't shit where you eat.

I disagree with the idea that leaving the red priests while adding the basic camps would make red too convenient. Maybe it would keep solo reds to play the game, but anyone who isn't solo obsessed will join a guild with a keep or one of the kran/GK guilds and then the camps are pointless to them.

Large guilds with any pvp inclination will end up red (because the murder count system sucks) and will be fine because they'll have a keep or player built village to live out of with multiple spiritist mages until npc priest are available.

It comes down whether or not you want to play in a populated game or not. You must provide avenues for solo players to engage in gameplay or the game will simply flop. The only exception to these rules are matchmade games like LoL or CSGO however that being said STILL the overwhelming majority of players que up for matchmaking as a solo player even in these team mandatory games.

I personally am not advocating for any playstyle I am simply unbiased, objective and accurate; My position is that you must provide engaging gameplay for a solo player to have a successful game and my position is true and verifiable. You will not be able to list me a number of titles where solo players are excluded that are also populated.

Is your position that the game will be more enjoyable for those playing if the solo player marketshare(67% of all players engaging in online games) leaves the game (that we/you/mortal don't need them)?

source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/abigai...ing-preferences-ps4-xbox-one/?sh=5741e8511928

The majority of all online players play alone and of the ones that do group the majority of those group with 2 or fewer people. (duo/trio)

Current mechanics make Solo/duo/trio almost impossible if Red as you will not be able to spawn into and craft at a Red town. You may spawn at a remote priest but you will not have the option to wear gear.

My suggestion is likely making life harder for large groups of guilded Reds; in my opinion that is fine because it also in turn makes life possible for the small group or solo Red, though they will have an inconvenient and time consuming life (thus the consequences of being Red). At least they will be able to play under my system where as under the current system they are often unable to.

The balance of power would be tipped too far in favor of large group Reds if they are allowed remote crafting sites and the current town/camp setups. There will be little incentive to remain Blue. The favorability must remain in Blues corner, it is a balancing act and you must take the entire game into consideration. Large group blues, small group blues, solo blues, solo reds, small group reds, large group reds. The game should be "possible" for everyone.

Last edited:

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
It comes down whether or not you want to play in a populated game or not. You must provide avenues for solo players to engage in gameplay or the game will simply flop. The only exception to these rules are matchmade games like LoL or CSGO however that being said STILL the overwhelming majority of players que up for matchmaking as a solo player even in these team mandatory games.

I personally am not advocating for any playstyle I am simply unbiased, objective and accurate; My position is that you must provide engaging gameplay for a solo player to have a successful game and my position is true and verifiable. You will not be able to list me a number of titles where solo players are excluded that are also populated.

Is your position that the game will be more enjoyable for those playing if the solo player marketshare(67% of all players engaging in online games) leaves the game (that we/you/mortal don't need them)?

source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/abigai...ing-preferences-ps4-xbox-one/?sh=5741e8511928

If you truly read everything I posted I gave plenty of avenues for the solo player to go down to still play. In some cases it takes a masochist to play that way, but you can.

I agreed with some of your post, but not all of it. I still think removing the red priests in the red towns is silly, regardless of adding these camps.

I understand that a lot of people play games solo, and I think it's fine if you want to play that way, but this might not be the game to be a solo hardcore murderer.

I'm perfectly willing to go back and forth on my suggestions but to just stick on the fact that I think solo play is dumb ignores my suggestions.

I personally think catering to solo play tends to drive MMOs into the traditional theme park MMOs we already have a saturation of. So yeah, I think if we want to have a unique game then SV shouldn't cater to the solo player. Does it make sense on a business side if you wanna make the big bucks? No, of course not, but that's the sacrifice to make something more unique.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
If you truly read everything I posted I gave plenty of avenues for the solo player to go down to still play. In some cases it takes a masochist to play that way, but you can.

I agreed with some of your post, but not all of it. I still think removing the red priests in the red towns is silly, regardless of adding these camps.

I understand that a lot of people play games solo, and I think it's fine if you want to play that way, but this might not be the game to be a solo hardcore murderer.

I'm perfectly willing to go back and forth on my suggestions but to just stick on the fact that I think solo play is dumb ignores my suggestions.

I personally think catering to solo play tends to drive MMOs into the traditional theme park MMOs we already have a saturation of. So yeah, I think if we want to have a unique game then SV shouldn't cater to the solo player. Does it make sense on a business side if you wanna make the big bucks? No, of course not, but that's the sacrifice to make something more unique.
Well you can be an effective solo murder. Just buy a vendor sword an kill anyone that spawns at a red priest 24/7 you can win 1v10s doing this.

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022

I don't think spawning in and punching pigs to make a basic set and walking 30minutes to the nearest hotspot is "catering". Our definitions of catering are way different. I am simply trying to allow solo players to play the game of being Red. Currently they are excluded and whether or not you think Solo is a stupid playstyle does not take away from the fact that the vast majority of players do play solo or in small groups. I'm sure many of the people you've killed recently(in game) have been solo or in a small group.

If you exclude solo players and small groups from your game you will have a unique game...absolutely. A uniquely dead game and a dead game is not in anyone's best interest. Not yours, not mine and not SV's. Population is content for a game like mortal...in fact it is critical content. Without it the game does not exist, it is not Mario 64, there must be a healthy population for you or me to enjoy this game.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Current mechanics make Solo/duo/trio almost impossible if Red as you will not be able to spawn into and craft at a Red town. You may spawn at a remote priest but you will not have the option to wear gear.

My suggestion is likely making life harder for large groups of guilded Reds; in my opinion that is fine because it also in turn makes life possible for the small group or solo Red, though they will have an inconvenient and time consuming life (thus the consequences of being Red). At least they will be able to play under my system where as under the current system they are often unable to.

The balance of power would be tipped too far in favor of large group Reds if they are allowed remote crafting sites and the current town/camp setups. There will be little incentive to remain Blue. The favorability must remain in Blues corner, it is a balancing act and you must take the entire game into consideration. Large group blues, small group blues, solo blues, solo reds, small group reds, large group reds. The game should be "possible" for everyone.

If you have a group of 2-3 people you are good man. That's 2-3 houses and 2-3 crafting benches. Take a little time before you start murdering mindlessly to get a house and some goods and build a base of operations out somewhere.

I don't see how leaving the priests in the red towns tips the favor to being red over blue. These camps your talking about don't have banks, so you're using low tier materials you can get from simple animals in the vicinity.

I need more explanation as to how it tips the favor to being red. You're assuming I know what you know.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I don't think spawning in and punching pigs to make a basic set and walking 30minutes to the nearest hotspot is "catering". Our definitions of catering are way different. I am simply trying to allow solo players to play the game of being Red. Currently they are excluded and whether or not you think Solo is a stupid playstyle does not take away from the fact that the vast majority of players do play solo or in small groups. I'm sure many of the people you've killed recently(in game) have been solo or in a small group.

If you exclude solo players and small groups from your game you will have a unique game...absolutely. A uniquely dead game and a dead game is not in anyone's best interest. Not yours, not mine and not SV's. Population is content for a game like mortal...in fact it is critical content. Without it the game does not exist, it is not Mario 64, there must be a healthy population for you or me to enjoy this game.

You obviously aren't reading what I'm typing. I AGREE WITH YOUR CHANGE (mostly) I don't think there is much harm in it.

As I've stated a couple times now, there are ways to play as red without these for the time being.

I never said to EXCLUDE solo players, I just don't think we need to make solo life easy enough that it becomes encouraged. Group play should be encouraged in a multiplayer game.

I think you can play this game just fine with a small group of 2-3. It won't be easy tho.