So how is this game for those of us who enjoy PVE in a brutal universe?

Mar 25, 2021
Hey there everybody I'm looking forward to the release of mortal online 2.

A lot of people keep talking about PVP because obviously that's the core of the game and it does sound like as time goes on the developers plan to add more PVE features on to the core PVP of the world.

So I'm wondering what kind of PVE options are there already in the game or say plan for the persistent I believe they're using as a term for the release. I did hear somebody talk about fishing but I could only find information about that for the original game so I'm not sure if it's also in this one or not.

I'm not sure if there's some sort of feature list or video out there that offers like basically every little information possible about the game for somebody who likes sucking up and absorbing as much information as possible.

I'm hoping to find a group of people pvps or PVE that I can join and partake and do more PVE stuff but also go out of my comfort zone and join on PVP events with them. Would be kind of cool too have your own little corner of the world where you and a few people kind of survive and live off the land.

also I heard there was an amazing weather system I'm not sure if that exists in this version of it as well but I love to hear more about that if it does.

Thank you for your time I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
We can really only talk about pve in MO1 as we have no idea what it will be like in MO2. Granted SV has said mobs ai will be improved, and it has, with bandits actually parrying and countering now.

In MO1 pve was very basic. Killing mobs to get animal materials or special drops. There were a few dungeons, with bosses, which required groups of people. However, they were quite glitchy at times and often people would just log off by the boss and farm it that way.

the only other pve I can think of would be stuff like horse breeding, fishing, alchemy, taming/dominating, farming, etc but those are kind of related to pvp.

Of course there was also building stuff like houses, keeps, walls, etc but again that sort of ties altogether to pvp as building a usually invite sieges sooner or later.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I think this question is pretty common. People hear that MO2 is a PvP game and get concerned that it will be just griefing or that there will be nothing to do outside of PvP and thus even ask for a “PvE server”.

It’s hard, but I’d say to leave one’s expectations of a PvP or a PvE MMO at the door. The goal of Mortal Online 2 is to create a single shared, dangerous simulated fantasy world with thousands of players in the same space. Being able to fight other people is part of that.

Are incredibly deep and varied gathering, crafting, alchemy and cooking systems PvE or PvP?

Is building a town with people you know and running shops or a tavern PvE or PvP? Is breaking into a guild’s keep and picking locks to steal from it PvE or PvP?

Is exploring the far reaches of the world and uncovering hidden lore and rare materials PvE or PvP?

What about RPing over voice chat in game?

Is stalking rare animals in the deep forest, tracking them for miles and taken them down, to skin them for rare resources, avoiding player bandits as you go, PvE or PvP?

Yes, there will be monsters to kill, dungeons to delve, even potentially dragons (with advanced AI) to fight which would fall more clearly in the PvE realm (Henrik the CEO has noted two areas he wants to focus on improving on in MO2, PvE and the new player experience/accessibility), but my point is that what would traditionally be considered “PvE” in most MMOs (doing raid dungeons or grinding quests, killing 20 mobs for XP) is not the focus of this game. There will be (and is) a LOT of content in the game that has nothing to do with fighting other players, but it is a system you will almost surely come in contact with, and it will likely add spice and enrich the rest of them.

Hope that helps. =)

Reactions: Khyro and Castiel

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
Get that rare item or items you can be guaranteed there are people waiting for you outside the dungeons or cities to harvest your hard work, isn't that what thieves and pirates do ? I would suggest think knights and magic but like eve online with less protections and your gonna be pretty close, maybe even more so if they release ships and sailing down the line. This game is going to be a long commitment methinks, which I like, I played eve online for seven years pretty much everyday and never maxed out my skills by a long way. So no need to panic every time you log in - im so behind, im so behind. Commitment and discipline - 'the loser now is later to win...'.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I can just say I played MO1 PVE for 11years and it was great.

But now with MO2 it will evne be better. they already confirmed to do more for the pve players more interresting dungeon animals and mechanics.

The Danger and the Fear makes the PVE in this game unique without the fear without the feeling of loss this would be a very borring game.
Economy and items and crafter would have no value at all.

Its good that mortal is hardcore as it is. :)
Party Hard

Last edited:

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Hello and wellcome,
I play mostly pve and sometimes pvp, I play since MO1 beta so maaanyyy years.
Well It's fun. You can do many things like other guys already write.
I don't like much split the terms PVE PVP because, In my opinion , here these play styles are melded togheter. I.e. It could be possible that you go with your friends to a dungeun for some pve and on the way back or inside the dungeun find other ostile players so you must do PVP. This one of best MO features.
Nothing is safe and secure. :)

Reactions: Bicorps and Speznat

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
MO1 pve AI was completly horrible and broken. But the variety of loots ,mats, spread arroudn the world and obtainable by doing pve was, in my opinion, extremly good after some years of tweaking the loot tables. I can only imagine , in MO2 and with a better AI, if the content is the same or improved, PVE players will definitly have a tons of things to do and farm, and will be as important economy wise as a pure pvp force is on the military terrain.

Reactions: Amelia and Speznat
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks everyone this is great to hear. Sounds like MO2 will be great fit for me especially as time evolves. I'm glad they took the correct approach and went heavy PvP first then PvE. Another game called Dual Universe went the opposite approach and now the game has turned into building only game pretty much. Once again I love PvE but without PvP the economy dies in many games let alone removes that extra layer of challenge.

My only issue I'm having is the latency is a bit off even with zombies and blocking. I'm getting better but sometimes the latency seems really high I'm guessing the server is not in NA.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Thanks everyone this is great to hear. Sounds like MO2 will be great fit for me especially as time evolves. I'm glad they took the correct approach and went heavy PvP first then PvE. Another game called Dual Universe went the opposite approach and now the game has turned into building only game pretty much. Once again I love PvE but without PvP the economy dies in many games let alone removes that extra layer of challenge.

My only issue I'm having is the latency is a bit off even with zombies and blocking. I'm getting better but sometimes the latency seems really high I'm guessing the server is not in NA.
London

Mar 25, 2021
Oh damn I had no clue those damp people had servers haha. I'm guessing they done tests and found it a good world wide central hub. I think a lot of servers hosted there are normally France & Germany on OVH. But cool to hear one being in London I think this the first time of hearing of a server there :)

Is there any in game options to see say Ping maybe even FPS?

kiwiitis

Dec 26, 2020
I have played MO1 off and on since beta .I have never pvp,d due to slow keyboard skill,300+ ping and old age :):)

I think the excitement of avoiding pvp and at the same time making gold with the object of getting my own house again is awesome.

Regards Gramps

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Oh damn I had no clue those damp people had servers haha. I'm guessing they done tests and found it a good world wide central hub. I think a lot of servers hosted there are normally France & Germany on OVH. But cool to hear one being in London I think this the first time of hearing of a server there :)

Is there any in game options to see say Ping maybe even FPS?

this has been a very hot button issues ever since the game came out btw, especially for non EU players. SV has stubbornly refused to use more than 1 server or to locate it anywhere outside of Europe. This despite huge performance issue that high ping disparity causes in melee combat.
also called de-sync and duct taped by SV with “prediction” in MO1. You can do your own googling if you need to know more.

they said the new “system” in MO2 has fixed everything but I personally don’t think so. This is one of the main reasons why combat has been slowed way down and blocking radiuses increased.

high ping is always a problem in FPS type games, and that’s why every serious such game has multiple regional servers.

But SV and the core EU community will not hear any of it. So yea enjoy it as best you can but know that where you live, and even more who you are fighting, will severely impact your performance in pvp.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Hello and wellcome,
I play mostly pve and sometimes pvp, I play since MO1 beta so maaanyyy years.
Well It's fun. You can do many things like other guys already write.
I don't like much split the terms PVE PVP because, In my opinion , here these play styles are melded togheter. I.e. It could be possible that you go with your friends to a dungeun for some pve and on the way back or inside the dungeun find other ostile players so you must do PVP. This one of best MO features.
Nothing is safe and secure. :)

Or you can just betray your group and take all the loot :D ....... or die :)

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Hey there everybody I'm looking forward to the release of mortal online 2.

A lot of people keep talking about PVP because obviously that's the core of the game and it does sound like as time goes on the developers plan to add more PVE features on to the core PVP of the world.

So I'm wondering what kind of PVE options are there already in the game or say plan for the persistent I believe they're using as a term for the release. I did hear somebody talk about fishing but I could only find information about that for the original game so I'm not sure if it's also in this one or not.

I'm not sure if there's some sort of feature list or video out there that offers like basically every little information possible about the game for somebody who likes sucking up and absorbing as much information as possible.

I'm hoping to find a group of people pvps or PVE that I can join and partake and do more PVE stuff but also go out of my comfort zone and join on PVP events with them. Would be kind of cool too have your own little corner of the world where you and a few people kind of survive and live off the land.

also I heard there was an amazing weather system I'm not sure if that exists in this version of it as well but I love to hear more about that if it does.

Thank you for your time I'm looking forward to hearing more.

MO has any pve content you can expect from a mmorpg.

Just keep in mind there are no instances so dungeons and boss encounters might be interrupted by other players...

That being said, it has so far:
  • Just normal mobs around the wold, usefull for mats farming
  • Some mobs villages, like on MO1 there was a lizard humanoid village, demons spawns, graveyards, etc
  • Dungeons with chests and different type of mobs
  • Bosses which might be inside a dungeon or on the surface.
  • Professions like gathering, crafting, lockpicking, fishing etc
Ofc all that is mixed with going to a dungeon, farming something and then managing to move it to a bank without being ganked.

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
I can just say I played MO1 PVE for 11years and it was great.

But now with MO2 it will evne be better. they already confirmed to do more for the pve players more interresting dungeon animals and mechanics.

The Danger and the Fear makes the PVE in this game unique without the fear without the feeling of loss this would be a very borring game.
Economy and items and crafter would have no value at all.

Its good that mortal is hardcore as it is. :)
Party Hard

Why are you lying to people?
Pve in MO1 was and is horrible. It's buggy, glitchy, exploitable and boring.

However, MO2 shows much more promise in that regard and is already far ahead of what MO1 had to offer.

• Haha
Reactions: Morwen

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Why are you lying to people?
Pve in MO1 was and is horrible. It's buggy, glitchy, exploitable and boring.

However, MO2 shows much more promise in that regard and is already far ahead of what MO1 had to offer.

Pvp on MO1 was boring because they took ages to add new content but was very entretaining the risar dungeon, sator dungeon, kimuru, etc

Everything was buggy on MO1, I wont deny that, and let's see on MO2, I just had a pig loot fall through the floor on a hill and disappear and wolves and zombies attacking from 10 meters away.

Nasq

Mar 27, 2021
This game will be niche just like the first version was. The world will be open and empty. They haven't really added anything new so I expect the population to drop out the second or third month due to the newby gankings.

Single character full loot drops just don't make any money.

I'll play for the crafting and building when I'm bored of everything else in my Steam list. I really do like what they did there.

Strilan

May 28, 2020
All I can say is - I hope MO2 PvE is better than MO1's... Cuz honestly at times it felt tedious af and pointless for anything except getting mats to sell.

Reactions: Ciaphas